GNR 100 million copies sold?

Yeah so...7-8 Million?

If you guys expected CD to sell as much as Appetite, Illusion or even Lies..then your sadly mistaken was never going to happen.

Edited by wkuk04

I didn't wanna start a cupcake thread. Even with the CD sales we aren't near the 100 millions, except somebody has other selling numbers.

@wkuk04: as far as I know AFD has sold about 28 millions before some years now. I don't know if it reached the 30 millions by now, but like I said before, the numbers are a rough guess. If I'm not mistaken Back In Black has sold far more than 40 million copies so far, so nice try ...

Where are these 100 million sold copies coming from?

Roughly summed up I count this:

AFD: 30mio

UYIs: 30mio

Lies: 10mio (?)

SI: 5mio (?)

GH: 5mio (?)

Live Era: 5mio (?)

That's 85mio.

Any thoughts?

Bands tend to exaggerate.

And fans do a wiki page and exaggerate/

Heck, some guy on this forum said CD sold 7-8 million copies.

Yeah so...7-8 Million?

If you guys expected CD to sell as much as Appetite, Illusion or even Lies..then your sadly mistaken was never going to happen.

Can you cite anybody on here who predicted that CD would sell as many copies as those albums?

who said they sold a 100 mil?

so what if they did? so what if they didnt? who the fuck buys albums anymore? and who the fuck cares? lol

we need new fucking music god dammit!

Almost everyone who writes about them said it.

Of course nothing happens if they did or they didn't. What do you expect? I'm just curious about it. Something wrong with that?

And Yes, I still buy albums. What the fuck has it got to do with the topic?

Who gives a fuck, there's no accurate way of measuring worldwide sales and never have been. It's just ballpark shit for press releases. What does it matter?

who said they sold a 100 mil?so what if they did? so what if they didnt? who the fuck buys albums anymore? and who the fuck cares? lolwe need new fucking music god dammit!

so much anger! :o

Yes, the 'lol' sounded absolutely livid.

It's not like the 100 mil. albums sold stuff was constantly thrown around by music "journalists" about each and every popular artist, is it?

Edited by EvH