Richard and Dizzy on GN'R new album

I believe that Axl is a decent, talented human being and probably a great friend if you know him personally. But as a musician and as an artist he is a one big mess.

He should just delete everything he has recorded since 1994 and start fresh. Do an 4-song EP and release it before the end of the year. Don't overthink it.

I believe that Axl is a decent, talented human being and probably a great friend if you know him personally. But as a musician and as an artist he is a one big mess.

He should just delete everything he has recorded since 1994 and start fresh. Do an 4-song EP and release it before the end of the year. Don't overthink it.

What? Delete 20 years worth of material, and just do a 4 song EP? :lol::lol::lol:

• Like 2

What? Delete 20 years worth of material, and just do a 4 song EP? :lol::lol::lol:

Academic point considering we have no chance of seeing either. Axl could have fifty albums in a vault or he could have nothing for all we know but none of this affects us as he refuses to release anything beyond noxious farts after a heavy day of gormandising.

Academic point considering we have no chance of seeing either. Axl could have fifty albums in a vault or he could have nothing for all we know but none of this affects us as he refuses to release anything beyond noxious farts after a heavy day of gormandising.

We will hear new music in the next 4-16 months. If the amount of frustration towards no new music spills out into are normal life's I doubt any of us will get laid.

The most pathetic thing about this whole name thing is that Axl wanted to keep the name to save the band and he did exactly the opposite. Axl should be ashamed of what he did to a great band. He might be the boss but he is not a leader. He is secretive to his own band members (Dizzy said so on his last interview). That's completely fucked up.

Why did he fight so hard and claim to be the only one who cared.......if he was just going to use it as an occasional hobby?

Axl made a lot of claims around why he had to take the name, most of them hinging around his seemingly honest desire to move the music forward for the fans.

I think he really convinced himself of this. However, some simple physiology would clearly indicate that there was nothing musical driving Axl to do this, it was more his lifelong obsession with having total control of his surroundings.

Axl's formative years described incidents of physical and sexual abuse, situations within which he as a child, suffered real harm under the merciless control of another.

I bet when he got old enough, he swore to himself that he could never allow himself to be exploited like that again by anybody. So Axl embraces a persona where he is regarded as not one to cross, who lives in his own world with his own rules and does things his way no matter what the consequences. All with the idea of protecting himself from being exploited again.

The problem with this persona Axl created is that its too extreme, it drives him to clash with too many things in life and harbour resentments permanently afterwards: neighbours, band mates, label staff, lawyers, managers, wives, ex-wives, girlfriends, ex-girlfriends, photographers, old friends, ex-boyfriends of girlfriends, venue managers, journalists, airline staff the list is endless. This personality is merciless those that are loved must go when they are perceived to have wronged. Consequences are big for Axl as well as those he falls out with.

This level of conflict happening all of the time, from every angle along with managing a back catalogue of perceived wrongs and threats becomes very exhausting. So what did Axl do? Retreated into his house to stay away from people, but worse for him, his merciless persona wont let him stop forever stewing over things in minute detail for years on end forcing him to almost completely exclude all else.

This persona will not let Axl blame himself for where he and GNR are today as that persona believes it has protected that abused child ever since. Its a bit like an insane dog guarding its desperately ill master, not letting the medics get near to help.

All of these ramblings aside, Axl has had the money, support and privilege to get all of this worked out and permanently set to rest. Instead, he chose to indulge his worst demons and create a fantasy for fans to embrace that he was sacrificing himself and the original GNR for the music and that it would be all worth it.

How can anyone say he had a grand vision when all he did was buy the services of a selection of musicians and stuck them in a studio with every bell and whistle imaginable for 15 years until they stumbled across some good tunes. He was barely there himself.

So should Axl be pitied or derided for what happened to him & GNR?

It once was both but frankly after so many years and so many chances; he should be ashamed that he squandered such an embarrassment of talent & opportunities.

Great post with fantastic insight. Posts like this make sloshing through the crap that gets posted here worth while.

Adding to the layer of craziness is the use of Yoda, the child abuse claims and "Stephanie and were married 1000 years ago in a past life and she killed my dog - that's why I make her poop in a kitty litter box today" that were "learned" by some hypnotherapy process.

So you really think that now, at his age, he still has the notebook of people that he feels has wronged him over the last 30 years? And that he sits back and takes no blame for what he's done to GnR - as opposed to looking back and thinking "damn, I sure helped f@ck up one of the greatest bands of all time. And to be honest, my vision for the new GnR has been a bit of a failure."

Do you think that's why he has let Team Brazil take over his life? Because they are complete yes men that just feed his ego 24/7?

I think Axl wakes up some days and thinks about releasing music. When he talks about plans for a new album, I think he's being honest. Kinda like how one will always tell themselves "one of these days I'll learn to play the guitar..." but they never do. Or they'll buy the guitar but never pick it up. That's Axl.

Have been reading the Axl chats and its just crazy how different of a person he seemed then to now. Literally everything he said he wanted to happen or do didnt happen. Sad really... The board was alot more positive back then...

Lack of music and lack of information from the band will cause a forum to turn negative.

Have been reading the Axl chats and its just crazy how different of a person he seemed then to now. Literally everything he said he wanted to happen or do didnt happen. Sad really... The board was alot more positive back then...

Lack of music and lack of information from the band will cause a forum to turn negative.

I agree. It was more an observation than a criticism.

• Like 1

If tracks like There Was A Time & Better, SOD, Catcher, Sorry, Prostitute..blew your minds what other tracks on the next album do you think will blow your minds this time around?

I have been listening to this recently, find it so relaxing.

Edited by wkuk04
  • Like 1

If tracks like There Was A Time & Better, SOD, Catcher, Sorry, Prostitute..blew your minds what other tracks on the next album do you think will blow your minds this time around?

How can anyone know that? we have nothing to go by. Just song titles that can change.

How can anyone know that? we have nothing to go by. Just song titles that can change.

Don't know Rovim! Just trying to keep some faith..not much going on so..I'm bummed.

Hopefully The General is a sequel to Scraped. Wondering if the blip will make a comeback.

Not sure if being sarcastic?

He is being sarcastic because of the fuss some people make about a song that we know nothing about except the title. I can't wait to hear Soulmonster.......yea, dude, me either. But I really want to hear Atlas Shrugged, that sounds like it's gonna be killer. Maynard is pointing out that The General could end up being part two to a Scraped trilogy. Soulmonster could be My World part 2.

The Blues is a great song title. Street of Dreams is horrible. I don't think Prostitute is even mentioned in the song Prostitute (yes, I know about the one time it is used but in a completely mumbled way where it doesn't even sound like an actual real word).

I have faith Axl will deliver a kick-ass album. But not based on a song title, but based on his past performance as an artist.

• Like 1

Sounds great. It could be easily used in a motion picture. Too bad a good instrumental was ruined by awful, crybaby, cheesy lyrics and weak vocals.

Instead of isolating himself for years, Axl should have spent more time diversifying his music talent. An original score for a movie would have been amazing.