Join the official GNR fan club in July and win a phone call from Dizzy or Frank!

why would you want to talk to your idol?

You would just end up gushing about what the music meant and sounding like a breathless idiot while they reamed off some done-a-thousand-times shit to you that they use on every idiot fan they have to engage in stores, airports, toilers, bars and food halls.

No, maybe that's what you would do.

I've been lucky enough to meet quite a few of my idols (the few that are still alive) and have had some pretty deep and interesting conversations. Not everyone gets starstruck or reduced to fawning.

A phone call from drunk Tommy would be interesting

Oh yes. I'd subscribe for a phone call from woefully drunk, about-to-crash, confessional Tommy. Given he has openly (and hilariously) mocked DJ onstage....that would be some funny shit.

Dizzy: Hey, it's Dizzy from Guns. You won the Nightrain contest. Got any coke?

Fan: Nah.

Dizzy: Alright. Have a good night. *click*

Frank would actually be cool to chat with. He does a lot of neat indy rock stuff around NYC that I'd like to know more about. Certainly not joining this joke of a fanclub to make it happen, though.

"Hey, what's up, man? [real awfully awkward pause] This is Dizzy Reed from Guns N' Roses."

Is this how he's going to talk to the fan on the phone?

Razzie award for the worst actor goes to.....MR. DIZZY REED!!!!

at least they are doing stuff, it was quiet for awhile, i saw you cant ask about future gnr plans though, but itd still be cool

God help us. Hey kids! Talk to a member of your favourite rock n roll band! Be sure not to ask them about what the band's doing though!

Acceptable topics may include:

"Hey Dizzy Reed, aren't keyboards grand? Don't you love that they have so many shiny buttons?"

"Hey Frank, I think war is a bad thing. How about you?"

"Dizwald, my good man! How many cups of sugar does it take to get to the moon?"

"Yo Thunderchucker, my balls itch"

Etc.

• Like 4

at least they are doing stuff, it was quiet for awhile, i saw you cant ask about future gnr plans though, but itd still be cool

God help us. Hey kids! Talk to a member of your favourite rock n roll band! Be sure not to ask them about what the band's doing though!

Acceptable topics may include:

"Hey Dizzy Reed, aren't keyboards grand? Don't you love that they have so many shiny buttons?"

"Hey Frank, I think war is a bad thing. How about you?"

"Dizwald, my good man! How many cups of sugar does it take to get to the moon?"

"Yo Thunderchucker, my balls itch"

Etc.

LOL. Don't forget these ones:

Favorite or hardest gnr song to play;

Favorite country in the world to play;

If they feel they are part of gnr history;

Myths about Axl (which they will deny one by one;

Say hello to Brazil/Argentina/Chile

• Like 1

why would you want to talk to your idol?

You would just end up gushing about what the music meant and sounding like a breathless idiot while they reamed off some done-a-thousand-times shit to you that they use on every idiot fan they have to engage in stores, airports, toilers, bars and food halls.

No, maybe that's what you would do.

I've been lucky enough to meet quite a few of my idols (the few that are still alive) and have had some pretty deep and interesting conversations. Not everyone gets starstruck or reduced to fawning.

I'm long past the star struck stage.

The only thing I fawn about now is craft beer and getting a sleep-in now and again.

If I want to talk to a hired keyboard player I'll visit a music store and ask to speak to one.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...