Join the official GNR fan club in July and win a phone call from Dizzy or Frank!

How much is the membership?

Honestly, this is a cool prize to offer.

BUT it shouldn't be THE highlight prize. It should be one of about ten different cool prizes.

A call with Richard or DJ or Tommy.

Autograph poster from Axl.

Autograph pictures of band members.

Album signed by Axl.

The live DVD

CDs

Unreleased music - even just like pro shot footage of a concert or three song pack or something.

Concert tickets

And of course - an hour long Skype session with Axl.

All those things would take absolutely minimal effort from band members.

One of the band members doesn't give minimal effort. Can you guess who? Win one of my likes!

It's cringe-inducing that they don't see how ridiculous this is.

Winning a phone call from a hired-hand, nostalgia touring musician whose contributed nothing of any real value to GNR? A replacement of a replacement that nobody cares about (Frank) or Dizzy Reed - the single most pointless member of GNR in the history of the band? Hmmm, what a choice.

I'm glad Ron has left, because anyone with any amount of self-respect wouldn't do this. I'm guessing even DJ and Tommy bulked at this.

Edited by Towelie

Maybe next month they can hold a contest for one of the bandmembers to win a phone call from Axl.

It´s not gonna happen. Band members already know that Axl is gonna smash his phone on the floor just like he does in the Patience video :lol:

why would you want to talk to your idol?

You would just end up gushing about what the music meant and sounding like a breathless idiot while they reamed off some done-a-thousand-times shit to you that they use on every idiot fan they have to engage in stores, airports, toilers, bars and food halls.

I rather receive a phone call from Ferdinando ... at least he speaks portuguese.

then both of you will laugh like kkkkkkkkkk rsrsrsrsrsrsrs HUAEHUEASHUASHAUSHAU

No, that's not pt_pt ... that's pt_br :lol:

then how do u laugh in pt pt?

Maybe next month they can hold a contest for one of the bandmembers to win a phone call from Axl.

This is the funniest thing I have read on the internet in a few days. Nice job :lol:

How have I missed that post? Hilarious indeed. :lol:

• Like 1