(Now wait, they didn't go for it). Does New York City still have a soda ban?

Snake-Pit

How's that working out?

But -

Good on 'em!

Dr. Pepper and Diet Coke contain aspartame, Pepsi contain your unborn and Coca-Cola; Cleans your toilet; Now - I'm from a market that does not contain root beer or Mr. Pibb, root beer here is imported from North America or 'fake/imitation/home grown' root beer that I went through a phase of buying one time... Had the stars and stripes on the can as the label... There are other root beers I see - Mainly home grown for the caribbean market root beer which is - alll good; It's all good in the 'hood... But I don't know what's in my root beer unless I read the can.

Edited by Snake-Pit

Diet soda has aspartame. Regular soda uses either real sugar or high fructose corn syrup.

Not in England, not recently; Not in my aspartame containing regular Dr. Pepper... Was happily drinking a 550ml bottle of it this year/last year; sometime like that - and I just happened to read it; I didn't read the ingredients for any other reason than 'just because', I thought I was safe with it, it being regular and not Dr. Pepper Zero, but to my horror I saw

ingredients.8.400.jpg

and... Didn't finish it, and that was the last Dr. Pepper I had, at the Subway in the food court @ London Victoria..

Diet soda has aspartame. Regular soda uses either real sugar or high fructose corn syrup.

Not in England, not recently; Not in my aspartame containing regular Dr. Pepper... Was happily drinking a 550ml bottle of it this year/last year; sometime like that - and I just happened to read it; I didn't read the ingredients for any other reason than 'just because', I thought I was safe with it, it being regular and not Dr. Pepper Zero, but to my horror I saw

ingredients.8.400.jpg

and... Didn't finish it, and that was the last Dr. Pepper I had, at the Subway in the food court @ London Victoria..

UK Variation United Kingdom's version of Dr Pepper, along with various other countries, is manufactured with sugar instead of high fructose corn syrup (much like Heritage Dr Pepper in the US, as mentioned above). Since August 2014, a "New Improved" flavour has been marketed in the UK that reduces the amount of sugar from 10.3g per 100ml to 7.2g while adding artificial sweetners (aspartame and acesulfame k).

Do I have to spell it out for you? ASPARTAME IS NOT HARMFUL.

http://www.efsa.europa.eu/en/press/news/130108.htm

Except for the occasional Headache.

Tasted root beer once while staying in Canada, it tasted like toothpaste here in the UK :(.

Hahaha, same, I tasted root beer outside of Philadelphia, it tasted like dental wash to me.

Do I have to spell it out for you? ASPARTAME IS NOT HARMFUL.

http://www.efsa.europa.eu/en/press/news/130108.htm

Except for the occasional Headache.

Tasted root beer once while staying in Canada, it tasted like toothpaste here in the UK :(.

Hahaha, same, I tasted root beer outside of Philadelphia, it tasted like dental wash to me.

Still think of root beer when I'm at the dentist..

I know I'm somewhat derailing this thread but I'd really like to know what you're local water tastes like? I mean for us it's pretty normal to get your water straight out of the fosset and it's standard practice to fill a bottle or two during the day, however I've been to countries where drinking water straight from the source is understandably a really big no no