Is this the best performance of Welcome To The Jungle?

45:20 for Jungle, but for those looking for a solid vocal performance of an entire show, it doesn't get much better than this.

Great gig, awesome knockin' solo. I remember I had this pen-pal(remember those back in the day?) who was at this gig. He wrote a long letter about this gig and how awesome it was :-)

I see several people commenting on the crowd was just setting down during the 88 VMA performance but,,,,,, That is how the VMA's where back then you had all the A listers up front and the fans in the back. That is why you see no one standing,

Now the VMA's have a section of fans at the front so the performance has a real feel of a live performance. But who really gives a live performance on the VMA's it is all lip syncing for the most part and people that are critical of the 2002 VMA's at least they done the performance live and not recorded.

Edited by bigcountry

The one where he tells a story about some guy trying to fuck him whilst everyone is getting coked up backstage or Slash is finding his shoes or whatever has one hell of a shriek on it, can't remember the venue but it was filmed I'm pretty sure.e

edit; here we go-

Edited by RandallFlagg

The one where he tells a story about some guy trying to fuck him whilst everyone is getting coked up backstage or Slash is finding his shoes or whatever has one hell of a shriek on it, can't remember the venue but it was filmed I'm pretty sure.e

edit; here we go-

That was so awesome!!!

What a badass fucking band.

After watching that (for the millionth time) all I can say is that anybody on this board not in favor of a reunion is a massive tool. I know it's not 1988 anymore, but there would be such an energy to seeing a reunion that would make it far better than any performances since 1993. I know some folks would rather have new music, but seeing the REAL guns n roses play jungle again is worth more to me than any nugnr or Slash album. It just is...

No one is denying that "it just is" to you. It isn't to me, but different strokes and all that. I certainly won't call you a "massive tool" for having a different opinion than me :shrugs:.

Personally I think that watching that clip only makes me want a reunion LESS. Not because I don't think they would be able to deliver a good performance of the song, I think they would, but because the song comes with a certain attitude and context that simply isn't there anymore. Old, bloated, rich guys playing a song they wrote in their twenties about the hardships of their lives and a city that now has changed, just is so remote from that performance in 1988 that it might as well be some other guys playing it. I grew up in the 80s and I think we should let it rest. I understand that people who grew up later and have only heard GN'R music disconnected from the circumstances when it was written and performed fresh, might not get it. But I honestly prefer other guys playing the songs, and adding something new to them, than rehashing the past and knowing you will come short from what once was. So if I have to choose between a nostalgia reunion tour that I know will be a shadow of what it once was, or the guys running other projects and releasing new music, then I will always take the latter.

You would be in a very small minority I would say

After watching that (for the millionth time) all I can say is that anybody on this board not in favor of a reunion is a massive tool. I know it's not 1988 anymore, but there would be such an energy to seeing a reunion that would make it far better than any performances since 1993. I know some folks would rather have new music, but seeing the REAL guns n roses play jungle again is worth more to me than any nugnr or Slash album. It just is...

No one is denying that "it just is" to you. It isn't to me, but different strokes and all that. I certainly won't call you a "massive tool" for having a different opinion than me :shrugs:.

Personally I think that watching that clip only makes me want a reunion LESS. Not because I don't think they would be able to deliver a good performance of the song, I think they would, but because the song comes with a certain attitude and context that simply isn't there anymore. Old, bloated, rich guys playing a song they wrote in their twenties about the hardships of their lives and a city that now has changed, just is so remote from that performance in 1988 that it might as well be some other guys playing it. I grew up in the 80s and I think we should let it rest. I understand that people who grew up later and have only heard GN'R music disconnected from the circumstances when it was written and performed fresh, might not get it. But I honestly prefer other guys playing the songs, and adding something new to them, than rehashing the past and knowing you will come short from what once was. So if I have to choose between a nostalgia reunion tour that I know will be a shadow of what it once was, or the guys running other projects and releasing new music, then I will always take the latter.

You would be in a very small minority I would say

Yeah, I have known that for quite some time :D

Definately one of the best....

Rio 2001 is one of my favorites. Not because of Axl's voice, but because of the energy he, the band, and the crowd all had. I don't mind Axl's nonraspy voice on most songs, and even prefer it on a few but WTTJ is one of the songs that NEEDS rasp.

• 3 weeks later...