Fortus says that 2016 will be a big year for GN'R

But what he answered was pretty funny though

Well, we were going to keep it secret, but since it's YOU and seeing how close we are and all, I might as well tell you. It's going to be more than a reunion. It's going to be a joint venture. It will be a combounion of Motley Crüe and GnR. It will be called the Gun Crüe and it will feature all the members of the original lineups of both bands. Nikki will play just the bottom string of the bass and Duff will play the top 3. Slash will obviously play all the leads and Mick will do all the whammy dives. Izzy will play rhythm and Steven will mainly just be playing tambourine and shaker. Of course, as you know, Axl and Vince have recently made up and are bff's. They will be dueting on every song! The first single will be Home Sweet Child of Home (the b side will be Doctor Brownstone). Please don't tell anyone.

Oh! I'm going to be Steven's tambourine tech
  • Like 3

The fact that Fortus and Frank are the only 2 nuGNR guys to claim they're still in GNR, makes me think there could be a mixed lineup in the future.

I don't prefer, but could handle, an AXL/SLASH/DUFF/DIZZY/RICHARD/FRANK lineup. Just as long as Steven, Izzy, and Matt make appearances at some point (and the original 5 do at least one song together).

As stupid as this sounds, Fortus has an image that makes him look like Izzy and Gilby both used to look on stage.

I don't see why you'd fire Fortus for Gilby, if Fortus still wants to be involved. I like Gilby for sure but if it's not an Appetite reunion then Richard has probably just as much right to be there as Gilby. I say this as a guy with pretty much no love for "nu-gnr" haha. Gilby never recorded anything of note and Axl couldn't write with him so....

Axl needs someone he's close with to bring into the band dynamic so he's not isolated. If not Izzy then maybe someone he's worked beside for a while (Fortus). If the reunion ends up being Velvet Revolver + Axl then it won't last. Gotta be a good mesh, a good melding... mix :).... GNR, baby.

Edited by Ant

But what he answered was pretty funny though

Well, we were going to keep it secret, but since it's YOU and seeing how close we are and all, I might as well tell you. It's going to be more than a reunion. It's going to be a joint venture. It will be a combounion of Motley Crüe and GnR. It will be called the Gun Crüe and it will feature all the members of the original lineups of both bands. Nikki will play just the bottom string of the bass and Duff will play the top 3. Slash will obviously play all the leads and Mick will do all the whammy dives. Izzy will play rhythm and Steven will mainly just be playing tambourine and shaker. Of course, as you know, Axl and Vince have recently made up and are bff's. They will be dueting on every song! The first single will be Home Sweet Child of Home (the b side will be Doctor Brownstone). Please don't tell anyone.

Oh! I'm going to be Steven's tambourine tech

You really failed not to tell anyone.
  • Like 1

seems weird that people feel Fortus could be in on something when he was recently talking about being unable to work directly with Slash out of respect for Axl.

that boy is twisting in the wind just like the rest of them.

Richard is a session guitar player that was hired by Axl 13 years ago. Axl is his boss, if there was some kind of reconciliation between Axl and Slash, Fortus will probably love to work with Slash.

It's nothing personal, Richard seems to have a ton of respect for Slash. But he wants to keep his job, so why piss off your boss.

You've picked me up wrong, what I was pointing to is that Richard was talking like the beef was still on and we know now that Axl & Slash had mended fences. This means that Fortus is not much further ahead of us in terms of knowing what's going on.

I'm sure he'll be much happier playing in a GNR with Slash & Duff, if that's to happen as the check is going to get an extra zero on it for every stadium gig.

seems weird that people feel Fortus could be in on something when he was recently talking about being unable to work directly with Slash out of respect for Axl.

Richard is a session guitar player that was hired by Axl 13 years ago. Axl is his boss, if there was some kind of reconciliation between Axl and Slash, Fortus will probably love to work with Slash.

It's nothing personal, Richard seems to have a ton of respect for Slash. But he wants to keep his job, so why piss off your boss.

You've picked me up wrong, what I was pointing to is that Richard was talking like the beef was still on and we know now that Axl & Slash had mended fences. This means that Fortus is not much further ahead of us in terms of knowing what's going on.

I'm sure he'll be much happier playing in a GNR with Slash & Duff, if that's to happen as the check is going to get an extra zero on it for every stadium gig.

Nevermind all that. Did you unlike a post of mine after giving it a like? how dare you sir. :max:

Fortus wouldn't share a stage with slash, he said so himself. He's his own man and obviously he and slash have some major issues, so of course he wouldn't take up the offer of rhythm guitarist in a reunited guns.

Of course.

• Like 2

Nevermind all that. Did you unlike a post of mine after giving it a like? how dare you sir. :max:

I just meant to press quote..nothing personal my good man!

• 4 months later...