Fortus says that 2016 will be a big year for GN'R

Slash's facebook page likes Frank Ferrer's facebook page... I don't know why Slash would like that page if Frank wasn't the drummer. Think that's about as official as we're gonna get... well until they hit the stage in April.

I think it's good that Frank and Co aren't advertised as the classic line-up (they aren't classic, but they are long standing embers of GnR) but it's a bit of back peddling on Axls part to now demote them to just being hired hands, which he previously suggested they weren't... calling them a real band. Hmmm!?

It's a weird situation. No way Slash and Duff have joined Nu-Guns. This is the old Guns n' Roses (the partnership) getting back together and hiring guys from Nu-Guns to play with them. Richard, Frank, etc. are in the "band", but they don't make band decisions. I think. :shock:

I mean, I honestly think it's pretty dumb for someone like Richard, who's been in the band as a legitimate member for like 13 years, who has shown nothing but dedication, to just be pushed down into the realm of "backing musicians" or "hired hands".

I'm sure Richard himself is fine with it, though. He's probably making a lot of money. It just kinda grinds my gears as someone who's been a fan of the band all these years.

I mean, I honestly think it's pretty dumb for someone like Richard, who's been in the band as a legitimate member for like 13 years, who has shown nothing but dedication, to just be pushed down into the realm of "backing musicians" or "hired hands".

I'm sure Richard himself is fine with it, though. He's probably making a lot of money. It just kinda grinds my gears as someone who's been a fan of the band all these years.

But you have to know in the back of your mind in a situation like his that its always a possibility that you might have to step aside for an original member to come into the fold. Right?

But you have to know in the back of your mind in a situation like his that its always a possibility that you might have to step aside for an original member to come into the fold. Right?
Yeah, but that's an instance in which someone would leave the group to be replaced with a former member. Richard isn't leaving, he's pretty much staying as the rhythm guitarist. He's just not being advertised as a legitimate member anymore. Edited by GNRSkidRow1

Good call fortus. Even makes you think about the time he said there would be a slash co write on the next GNR record.. The interview was from last March. So yeah.. Fortus doesn't lie

Did he really said that Slash would co-write at that time?

We should've known reunion would happen if he said that at that period of time.

Good call fortus. Even makes you think about the time he said there would be a slash co write on the next GNR record.. The interview was from last March. So yeah.. Fortus doesn't lie

No, he said that they were working on all kinds of stuff, even some of Slash's stuff from way back. He didn't say it was new stuff.

Yeah, but that's an instance in which someone would leave the group to be replaced with a former member. Richard isn't leaving, he's pretty much staying as the rhythm guitarist. He's just not being advertised as a legitimate member anymore.

Fortus has always been a hired hand. Never a band member. I mean, what power does he have about tours and releases? See?

No, he said that they were working on all kinds of stuff, even some of Slash's stuff from way back. He didn't say it was new stuff.

Ahhh I see.. thanks.

I just hope we get a GnR album in 2016.

I just do not see it.

I think we can all expect two years of nostalgic touring.

Yeah, but that's an instance in which someone would leave the group to be replaced with a former member. Richard isn't leaving, he's pretty much staying as the rhythm guitarist. He's just not being advertised as a legitimate member anymore.

Fortus has always been a hired hand. Never a band member. I mean, what power does he have about tours and releases? See?

He was marketed as a 'band member' however.

Well fuck me...

Fortus was finally right about the next year. But there's a chance he won't be part of it. :lol:

I'd rather have 4tus than Clururke though...

*cough cough*

Anyone that's been in GnR over Gilby. Anyone!

DJ is better than the old one.

We've solved the mystery of the ''old one''!

The old one wasn't Slash, it was Gilby!

:wow:

Bon Jovi are currently a trio even though they have other 'unofficial members'.

It will be the same for GNR, only a little more confusing because of the way Axl has gone about the past 20 years. As things stand, the only person who's really getting 'downgraded' is Dizzy.

Dizzy was salaried also. He has just been salaried far longer than any of the nugnr additions.

Ahhh I see.. thanks. But now Alan Niven says izzys been writing new music as well. Either way slash could have and probably will have a co write. We'll get new music, even if it's only a couple of songs.

What makes you think he was a "full member"? GNR is a company. I expect Axl was the sole shareholder or partner or whatever, and that Slash and Duff have joined him. The musicians were all on contracts, making them literally hired hands. No reason to think that Richard has ever been a member, partner, or shareholder. He's an employee, just like always.

What makes you think he was a "full member"? GNR is a company. I expect Axl was the sole shareholder or partner or whatever, and that Slash and Duff have joined him. The musicians were all on contracts, making them literally hired hands. No reason to think that Richard has ever been a member, partner, or shareholder. He's an employee, just like always.

Axl owns the name "Guns n' Roses". The old band (GNR till '95) is a legal partnership between Axl, Slash and Duff as equal partners.

(been away for a while)

Will be good to see Slash & Axl on the same stage again. But what songs will they perform? and who will make up the rest of the band?

That's the big mystery. TBH I wouldn't be surprised if this will be a big jizz festival where Axl, Slash and Duff are the only stable ones and the rest will be a changing lineup of classic and current members.

Most likely it's Ferrer, Fortus, Dizzy with occasional guest appearances of the classic guys Izzy, Sorum and maybe Steven...

Ahhh I see.. thanks.
But now Alan Niven says izzys been writing new music as well. Either way slash could have and probably will have a co write. We'll get new music, even if it's only a couple of songs.
Yaa, just don't hold your breath. Holding breath in GNR world isn't a smart choice.

Axl owns the name "Guns n' Roses". The old band (GNR till '95) is a legal partnership between Axl, Slash and Duff as equal partners.
I thought there were two legal entities with the name Guns N Roses, one entirely owned by Axl and the other owned by the trio.

In any event Richard has never owned a stake in any of it and has always been an employee.

I thought there were two legal entities with the name Guns N Roses, one entirely owned by Axl and the other owned by the trio.

In any event Richard has never owned a stake in any of it and has always been an employee.

Correct