BILD.de article

Perla was one of the reasons that led Slash to quit GNR is my understanding of the situation.

Axl and Perla also do not get along.

Perla and Slash weren't even a pair when Slash quitted GNR.

Wrong. They were dating. Met a few times and then it got more serious around 1997. Perla was very vocal to Slash about certain things

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/music/rockandpopfeatures/7820653/Slash-interview.html

Like I said. They weren't even a pair before Slash leaving Guns.

They had a one night stand the day before Slash got married with Renée, his first wife. You can read it in Slash's autobiography.

In '97 Slash was out of Guns and hadn't talked to Axl in quite some time.

They had way more than a one night stand. I've read Slash's biography and that's his take on things. But was he in any frame of mind to remember? She has always been very vocal about Axl and once she was involved it was very hard for Slash to have any relationship with Axl.

If i wrote a book that said you were full of shit would you believe everything that was written?

There's also a lot of rumors out there that Perla was part of the reason VR fell apart. Obviously the Scott drug issue was there but she was involved in a lot of things those guys didn't like. Overall Slash is better off away from that negativity. The fact she cheated on him a few times was more than a little kick in the teeth also.

It confuses me everytime when people are looking for excuses to "proof" that the break up wasn't Axl's fault but everybody else's.

It wasnt all Axl's fault but it was mainly Axl. Don't try to rewrite history.

Slash left GNR not Axl. I'm not re-writing history.

It absolutely was not all Axl's fault. Slash was strung out bad. What use was he to Axl or indeed anyone around then? Axl isn't blameless but it was a band with multiple problems with each member.

I said it wasn't all Axl, didn't I?

But again. Basically Slash never leaved GNR. Never. Axl leaved. First he took the name and then he leaved and started a new band. This new band he named GNR, because he took the naming rights before.

That's a fact.

Slash was strung out most of the time back then. That's a fact too. But he was functional. Axl wasn't. He wasn't strung out but he wasn't able to go to the studio with his band members either. So he wasn't functional. All that is very well documented.

again wrong.

Slash left GNR. He quit. Axl didn't leave. He was the only one left. As for Axl "took the naming rights" that is impossible. They had to be signed over. Slash signed over his rights? this all happened early 90's also.

With Axl i dont think it was so much as he "wasn't able" i think he didn't want to. Perhaps as the band was a mess at that point in his eyes.

Axl dissolved the band to take ownership of the band through the name and then had the old guys come in as his employees. According to Slash, THAT was it.

This is pretty common knowledge among the fans. :blink:

Yes but if you read why that happened it's pretty obvious the band members quit. With the exception of perhaps Duff.

It became final when Axl essentially gave up and issued the legals.

Axl dissolved the band to take ownership of the band through the name and then had the old guys come in as his employees. According to Slash, THAT was it.

Yes but if you read why that happened it's pretty obvious the band members quit. With the exception of perhaps Duff.

Yet, Axl was the one being evasive in the studio and beyond. Sorry, no.

There is also a ton of material the members worked on that didn't have vocals. Want to guess why?

• Like 1

There is also a ton of material the members worked on that didn't have vocals. Want to guess why?

Slash took the best bits and brought out Snakepit album.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YCDEr9uJb0

0:53 "i'm done"

After that happened Axl was trying to save the band in his eyes. The legal contract was the only way he could do that.

Band members had more or less quit

So that's your proof that he leaved the band? Of course you say "I'm done" when you're in a band for more than a decade and your singer and longtime partner betrays you that way.

Like it or not. It's the way I told you.

As for "Axl didn't take the name, Slash signed it over"... are you really that naive to think Slash and Duff said "Hey Axl guess what? Here you can have our naming rights, we're to strung out, you know."

Bullshit. You and I, we both don't know what happend, but be sure it wasn't something on friendly terms.

• Like 1

Again wrong.

Axl didn't want those songs at first. Suddenly he was willing to work on three of them, when the album was ready for release.

I know what's your answer. Axl should take all the songs as they were, without changing lyrics and add bits and farts.

I call that one bullshit too, for three reasons.

-Most of the songs hadn't vocals on them, so Axl had to write something. Otherwise it isn't logical.

-All of the new band mates add something too the songs. Why should them be able to work on the songs but not Axl? Again, that's not logical.

- If Axl was told "Just shut up and sing" and he refused to, why would he later be willing to work on three songs? That's not logical at all.

Edited by Free Bird

Nope. There are said to be songs still remaining that the old members have spoken about that didn't have vocals when they left. Just like everyone was there for the Zakk Wylde experiment.

1. Axl dissolved the old band and restarted GNR to finalize the contracts.
  2. He brought in Paul against their wishes and when they said they couldn't work with him, Axl's response was, "Fuck you guys."
  3. Both Duff and Slash said that Axl rarely showed up at the studio.
  4. There's still material left that they worked on before leaving.
  5. Axl has consistently in AND out of the studio shown that he is a procrastinator.

Yet, you're claiming Slash was too "strung out" to bother with GNR and had basically quit before Axl dissolved the band and poor Axl was just trying to salvage everything! This while completely disregarding that Slash not only put out an album of rejected material, toured that material and was forced back by management to work in the studio for GNR. Also, the above.

Do you even GNR bro?

Odd that the same things are happening now.

There are rumored to be up to 100 songs (or parts of songs) that are in the vault with no vocals.

Axl has released one album in the last 20 years.

Band members often have no idea where Axl is and what the band's status is. They have no clue when the next album will be released and when they will tour again

Lol. So I guess izzy, slash and duff were all addicts who quit on Axl. Bucket and Brain and Robin were all quitters. DJ and Ron both quit, like bitches.

Hopefully team Brazil will help select the next group of band mates for Axl. As Mr Rose seems to have an issue selecting dedicated band members. Everybody he chooses either quits or he fires them.

Man. Imagine if Axl could have found musicians who were dedicated and believed in his vision. Guns n Roses would have ten albums of releases material right now.

Slash has always been prolific regardless of his drug and alcohol use. Axl is supposedly clean and is unable to write and release music in a timely manner. That's just sad.

That's because he's probably scared of the reception his new album would have.

Most people do not care about Chinese Democracy, the rest of the world doesn't even know it exists. Axl can't accept failure, even though he has failed big time over the years.

Slash has always been prolific regardless of his drug and alcohol use. Axl is supposedly clean and is unable to write and release music in a timely manner. That's just sad.

Most people do not care about Chinese Democracy, the rest of the world doesn't even know it exists. Axl can't accept failure, even though he has failed big time over the years.

Did you ever consider the possibility of him refusing to release material until (if it happens at all) he is able to properly sing that material? I'm getting the impression more and more that he is aware of the problems in his voice.

Did you ever consider the possibility of him refusing to release material until (if it happens at all) he is able to properly sing that material? I'm getting the impression more and more that he is aware of the problems in his voice.

If that's what you believe, you're lying to yourself. It's ok. Fans here have been doing it for over a decade.

If that's what you believe, you're lying to yourself. It's ok. Fans here have been doing it for over a decade.

It's a question, followed by "I get the impression". I was asking him, and he obviously does not believe that's the case. I don't believe anything, the only thing for a GNR fan to do these days is to listen to old renditions of songs and speculating.

My line of thought goes as follows:

1) Axl has sounded bad since 2011 - that's pretty well known, aside from a few delusional fans

2) Axl is a talented musician, so it is reasonable to assume he is able to listen to himself and realizes his voice is not as it used to be.

I it is hard for me to understand him sounding bad for 5 years after a badass year (fat Axl 2010 is very badass), being called out on it by fans, when simples thing like exercises, rehearsels and a vocal coach could have solved it.

Then there is the fact that neither Axl or anyone close to him has never, ever adressed the voice issue in any way. Not even a "damn, I was really off that day". This indicates that this could be a sensitive subject.

I know this is pointless, we have been speculating about his voice without a proper explanation since 2011. The truth I don't really care about a new Cd or even a reunion unless he sounds like Axl Rose. Maybe Axl doesn't too.