Will the world forgive Axl if he doesn't do the reunion?

Axl is quite the soldier. The way he doesn't do any work and just hides behind his nanny's skirt like a freaking baby.

I still don't understand how can he keep so dedicated fans like LEA yet he doing jackshit to maintain his fanbase
I admire and respect the way he does things his way. And I can't wait to hear new music in 2016 !
Lol. Really? Admire and respect the way he does things....and in another topic you claimed you weren't a celebrity worshiper. Funny.

One album in the last 20 years

Late starts, cancelled shows, not showing up to shows in shape or prepared.

Revolving door of band members

Rarely does interviews to keep HIS fans updated.

You admire and respect that? Wow.

Simple question.

You would prefer the last 20 years over:

5 GnR albums

15 videos

Always on time and always in shape

3-4 social media posts a year letting fans know the bands plans

Stable line up.

Showed up to hall of fame induction

Made up with Slash, had him as special guest at a few shows, sang a couple songs on slash album

Classic lineup released an EP and did a summer your to celebrate 30th anniversary of Appetite

Which 20-year period would you prefer?

• Like 1

Apollo. Just because I am happy with what we have does not make me a celebrity worshipper. I believe we will hear new music in some capacity in 2016.

While your love for the holy band is unquestionable, your objectivity needs work. Honestly, how can you be satisfied with what we have? Slash said it best: "no album is worth 10 years".

Different types of art do not have the exact same "rules". There's a reason no album is worth 10 years. It's not just because there is simply no need, it's also cause a great album is a snapshot of the artist's life, their thoughts and emotions all collect to form the picture.

There is a natural consistency that comes with doing the process correctly. I understand it was difficult for Axl. I believe him when he said it was a nightmare to achieve. I even get that he wanted something very specific, and that he had the means and time to do it right, but the cost was high, and all we have is one album and some live shows.

Better than nothing, but no... I'm not even close to being satisfied with the way Axl conducted shit.

Edited by Rovim

Rovin you are entitled to your opinion. I love CD and it was worth the wait. The follow up will also be worth the wait. Great art is like that. I think there are unfortunate events behind the scenes that have been responsible for some of the delays.

Edited by Little EMO Annie

Rovin you are entitled to your opinion. I love CD and it was worth the wait. The follow up will also be worth the wait. Great art is like that. I think there are unfortunate events behind the scenes that have been responsible for some of the delays.

I guess that's probably true.

• Like 1

Hey we agreed on something. It's a Festivus miracle. Hee hee

Yeah, I guess if everything went according to plans, for example, if we choose to look at it in a glass half full way, There Was A Time could have been released without Bucket's outro in like 1999. I don't want that.

And in the grand schemes of things, if Axl will be able to get CD ll out and tour it, I think it will satisfy me. If it's as good as Chinese that is. But my guess is it probably is.

If Guns never went to shit, Bucket and Robin would have never joined Guns. Or Brain. As a Robin fan, I never knew he was even capable of that quality when it comes to solos. Bucket never sounded that focused imo. It was a chance to see a real supergroup making a Guns album and I love it so that's cool.

Edited by Rovim

I guess that's probably true.

I agree: unfortunate events behind the scenes that have been responsible for some of the delays could mean anything from alleged legal issues to the fact that the guy just plain refuses to release anything (out of fear of failure, insecurity, spite, laziness, whatever).

Apollo. Just because I am happy with what we have does not make me a celebrity worshipper. I believe we will hear new music in some capacity in 2016.

Dude. You are a celebrity Worshipper. Better to just own it.

But what about my question.

You said you respect and admire what Axl has done over the past twenty years.

Does that mean you are 100% happy with what he has done?

And would you choose the reality over what I suggested?

Apollo, I am happy with the concerts I was able to attend and I LOVE CD! I wish that songs from that CD could have received more airplay. How Axl chooses to conduct his affairs are his business and not mine.

And just Because I am passionate in my admiration for an artist does not make me a celebrity worshipper.

Apollo, I am happy with the concerts I was able to attend and I LOVE CD! I wish that songs from that CD could have received more airplay. How Axl chooses to conduct his affairs are his business and not mine.

And just Because I am passionate in my admiration for an artist does not make me a celebrity worshipper.

I love CD.

Had a blast at the shows I attended.

Not your business.....but earlier you said you respected and admired how he was handling his career. You are contradicting your own statement.

I'm confused why you won't answer a simple question tho. Axl himself said CD was a trilogy. Beta mention 80 songs.

If you had to pick, as a FAN, which would you have preferred over the past twenty years.

What happened.

Or

Three GnR albums.

Multiple music videos.

Several major interviews

Communication with the fans to keep them updated on the bands future plans.

Stable band line up and not a revolving door of musicians.

Which one do you think would have been better for the fans???????

I would love to hear more music and have more albums. I do think that the label has held up release of new music. And I have always thought that many songs on CD would make great music videos. I think there were reasons that we do not know about that prevented most of the things you cited from happening. I have no insider knowledge about any of this, just my .02. And I think that is why there have not been any major interviews.

I would love to hear more music and have more albums. I do think that the label has held up release of new music. And I have always thought that many songs on CD would make great music videos. I think there were reasons that we do not know about that prevented most of the things you cited from happening. I have no insider knowledge about any of this, just my .02. And I think that is why there have not been any major interviews.

Axl was caught somewhere in time so he wasted a lot of years. His whole vision was a sea of madness and he thought that heaven can wait. "The loneliness of the long distance runner" gameplan transformed him to a stranger in a strange land

He got a deja vu and he thought that he could be Alexander the Great

No, they won't.

Or, they just won't even care at this point and forget about him.

Sorry, there's no good answer. This is Axl's last chance, and if it doesn't happen, because of him or not, he will be finished. Dead at 55.

I disagree. I truly believe that we will hear new music in 2016. It will be awesome regardless of who is on stage with him ?

No, they won't.

Or, they just won't even care at this point and forget about him.

Sorry, there's no good answer. This is Axl's last chance, and if it doesn't happen, because of him or not, he will be finished. Dead at 55.

I disagree. I truly believe that we will hear new music in 2016. It will be awesome regardless of who is on stage with him

Did you truly believe that you'd hear new music in 2009.....2010.....2011.....2012.....2013....2014......2015 as well? What makes 2016 any different? When 2016 comes to an end and no new music has been released will you truly believe that new music will be released in 2017?

Axl was caught somewhere in time so he wasted a lot of years. His whole vision was a sea of madness and he thought that heaven can wait. "The loneliness of the long distance runner" gameplan transformed him to a stranger in a strange land

This is true. And somewhat clever on your part.

Annie - the labels are in the business of making money. If they thought a GnR album would be successful then they would have released it.

The only complication or behind the scenes problems would have been from one side of the table.

Yes I truly believe that we will get new music in 2016. There will probably be lots of cool stuff for the 30th anniversary of Appetite as well whether or not there is a reunion.

2016 is not the 30th anniversary of afd though....so what makes you truly believe music will be released in 2016 as opposed to 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015?. I'm going to assume that in 2008, that you truly believed new music would come out in 2009. Then when 2009 rolled around, you truly believed new music would be released in 2010 and so on. So what is so truly believable about 2016?

This is true. And somewhat clever on your part.

Annie - the labels are in the business of making money. If they thought a GnR album would be successful then they would have released it.

The only complication or behind the scenes problems would have been from one side of the table.

Don't thank me, thank Iron Maiden :headbang: