Stone Temple Pilots with Chester

fred_carston

Trolling? First a passive-aggressive swipe at Velvet Revolver, now a two-year-old video of STP featuring Bennington the day after Scott passed away?

I'll leave this open if you can convince me you aren't just trying to provoke people...

you don't think that sounds exactly like Liam Gallagher ???

I'd never heard much of STP with Chester before, Scott dying brought the band back to my mind and I checked em out, Black Heart sounds so much like Liam Gallagher I was wondering if anyone else noticed

Edited by fred_carston

To me is sounds like Chester is doing his Tiny Music-era Scott impression, specifically Pop's Love Suicide

This is my biggest problem with Chester - he sounds (And looks) like he's trying to be Scott. It's one thing if you want to carry on without Scott, but don't just hire an impersonator.

The Joss Stone performance was cool as hell.

I thought the music on the Chester EP sound more like STP than their self-titled album, but I honestly can't recall a single song off of it at this point. It was cool that Chester had so much love for the band and its music, and seemed like he wanted to be respectful about filling Scott's shoes, but they just didn't make anything memorable together. I know it's ironic saying this on a GNR forum, but STP just wasn't itself without Scott, and now never will be again.

Trolling? First a passive-aggressive swipe at Velvet Revolver, now a two-year-old video of STP featuring Bennington the day after Scott passed away?

I'll leave this open if you can convince me you aren't just trying to provoke people...

Christ, you're really looking for it, arent you? :lol:

• Like 1