The Oscars 2016 [Nominations]

Nosaj Thing

You can always tell when the Brits first get their hands on a thread - it inflates by several pages overnight, and by the end of the thread you're not sure what they're talking about anymore :book:

Carry on.

Is part of the problem because the language used is British slang? ''Wankers, bollocks, tosser, shag'', etc.

I think it'd be nice if Sly won for once. After the Golden Globe win he might actually have a chance. His performance in Creed was extremely well received by the critics. However, I think it will probably go to Tom Hardy.

Writing's On The Wall will most definitely win for the song. That'll be two Bond films in a row to win in that category. A record for Bond, but sadly with a shit song.

Some people are again complaining about the "lack of diversity" for this years nominees. I'm in no way a racist or anything but this is getting really annoying. Now they're going to fill the presentation with lots of black actors and it'll be even more pathetic. Denzel Washington, Will Smith, Idris Elba, they are all beloved, respected and well-paid black actors. Oh they weren't nominated? Big fucking deal.

If I'm not mistaken, Best Actrees now closes the ceremony instead of Best Actor. Wow, women all over the world rejoice! Now you have the power :lol:

I enjoy watching the Oscars, loved Gervais on the Golden Globes but "minorities" and social network feminism are ruining these shows, which aren't that great to begin with.

Edited by maynard
  • Like 1

Some people are again complaining about the "lack of diversity" for this years nominees. I'm in no way a racist or anything but this is getting really annoying. Now they're going to fill the presentation with lots of black actors and it'll be even more pathetic. Denzel Washington, Will Smith, Idris Elba, they are all beloved, respected and well-paid black actors. Oh they weren't nominated? Big fucking deal.

If I'm not mistaken, Best Actrees now closes the ceremony instead of Best Actor. Wow, women all over the world rejoice! Now you have the power :lol:

I enjoy watching the Oscars, loved Gervais on the Golden Globes but "minorities" and social network feminism are ruining these shows, which aren't that great to begin with.

I really disagreed with Idris Elba's recent statement about the lack of ''diversity'' in British films. British actors - black, white - have always gravitated to America. Economics is the main reason, the bigger budgets and pay packets, as well as larger media exposure. A British diaspora is as old as Hollywood itself (e.g. Chaplin). In fact at times Hollywood itself can almost be mistaken for something British.

Rather than focus on race, a better argument could be made for retaining British actors in Britain, irrespective of skin colour, but, sadly Elba chose not to make this argument and played the 'race card' instead.

Idris Elba, the star, leading man, of big budget cop TV series Luther incidentally!!

• Like 1

I am happy that Max Max got so many nominations. It was truly a triumph in visual FX and film making. It deserves recognition from the Academy.

Yeah but it was a horrible pointless movie IMHO.....sorry but just don't see the appeal

The same could be said about most of the films nominated. At least Mad Max doesn't try to be a nominee. It was just nominated. The rest are Oscar bait.

• Like 1

I am happy that Max Max got so many nominations. It was truly a triumph in visual FX and film making. It deserves recognition from the Academy.

Yeah but it was a horrible pointless movie IMHO.....sorry but just don't see the appeal

The same could be said about most of the films nominated. At least Mad Max doesn't try to be a nominee. It was just nominated. The rest are Oscar bait.

IMHO, most of the others had some substance to them at least while Mad Max is like a bad B Science Fiction movie. I can see the technical angle I guest but overall it is just a bad movie and I love SiFi movies........ don't take it personal guys it is JMO... if you like it too each his own........ Edited by classicrawker

The Grammys (and any music award) are basically a celebration of black music nowadays. Don't see people complaining.

Are they? How'd you figure?

She had issues with Will from way back in the day if my memory serves me correctly, they never got on.

The Grammys (and any music award) are basically a celebration of black music nowadays. Don't see people complaining.

She had issues with Will from way back in the day if my memory serves me correctly, they never got on.

Isn't the big complaint this year the total lack of black actors nominated for Oscars?

Isn't the big complaint this year the total lack of black actors nominated for Oscars?

What i wanna know is what took em so long to get pissed? i mean it's like this is a new thing, when was Hollywood extremely nationalistic? It has coloured history, it has depicted other races appallingly, look at it's treatment of native Americans, or oriental people, or people from the middle east, or English people even, they are all massively stereotyped. European cinema, and I'm not necessarily including England here, is much more fairer a platform than Hollywood and it always has been, it's not really something you can argue because it's a fact, I mean black people had to create an alternative industry to get their films out there through blaxploitation and in a sense that segregation still exists in that a great deal of black cinema is independently financed, has to be.

So my question is why now, why today? This isn't a community thing, this is a bunch of rich black people annoyed they ain't getting awards basically. Bit cheap really. Ask these people what they do for cinema and theatre in their community, the answer is fuck all.