The Oscars 2016 [Nominations]

Nosaj Thing

Oscars are a load of fuckin' flannel anyway, no decent films ever win or even approach fuckin' nomination, it's just an industry congratulating itself on being...itself. It's so counter-artistic, this celebrity squares mentality of 'well this films better than this one which is better than that one and this performance is...' and so on and so forth. Sort of makes a mockery of the notion that it is an art medium, the most puerile aspect of what the medium gives us is pretty universally represented by The Oscars, cheap little water-closet statuettes for a bunch of overpaid tosspots to polish.

Who the hell names their daughter after a cheese?

A cracker? BOOM BOOM! :lol:

:facepalm: shameful, just shameful! :lol:

• Like 1

Stallone has about as much chance of winning that as I do. The oscars traditionally hate franchises.

But they like sentiment and actors the viewers have heard of. At this point he's the favourite by a mile. Personally, I don't think the nomination is warranted, especially considering he's taking a slot that should've gone to Paul Dano, Benicio Del Toro or Michael Keaton.

Oscars are a load of fuckin' flannel anyway, no decent films ever win or even approach fuckin' nomination

Settle down, Beavis.

You've said as much yourself before now Ang', although perhaps not the approach nomination bit. I just, I dunno, call me an arsehole but i don't get it, i don't get the correlation between liking theatre and films and then like...caring to listen to the people that play the roles congratulate faceless people in their personal lives whilst holding a plastic and metal award that tells them how appreciated they are, i can't make the connection from one to the other, i don't see how that happens.

Stallone has about as much chance of winning that as I do. The oscars traditionally hate franchises.

But they like sentiment and actors the viewers have heard of. At this point he's the favourite by a mile. Personally, I don't think the nomination is warranted, especially considering he's taking a slot that should've gone to Paul Dano, Benicio Del Toro or Michael Keaton.

the cancer bit might help him along, they love a bit of cancer, don't they? :lol: 'oh noo, not Rocky!' :lol:

I just hope he wins, cuz, Stallone.

I just hope he wins, cuz, Stallone.

Should've won it for Rambo II, mans was robbed :lol: Actually Berkoff should've won it for that film! 'deez people are so vulghaaar in their methods!' I am Lieutenant Colnel Commie Bastardski!

Edited by Len B'stard

Dazey likes his 80s actioners, does he?

I'd say they're up there between 1st and ...... errrrrrrr 1st in my favourite genres yes. :D

Not a Fellini or Mizoguchi man then?

Depends. Which one of 'em played the bad guy in Raw Deal?

Edit: Just googled Fellini. Looks a bit like Chris Moyles.

Edited by Dazey
  • Like 1