The Oscars 2016 [Nominations]

Nosaj Thing

They actually thought the NWA movie was going to get nominated for an Oscar? There was already a movie like that. It was called Hustle & Flow. They got their best actor nomination, won their best song, so shut the fuck up about it.

Make a movie about Ferguson, that will get you an Oscar. This year it is all about Leo and Roman Catholic sex abuse.

It's just Spike Lee bitching because he isn't relevant, and Jada bitching because hubby didn't get a nomination for using an accent.

This.

As for Smith's character, some of that stuff didn't even happen. It involved other people who were excluded from this "biographical" film to buff up Smith's role.

Spike Lee's the guy that claimed Francis Ford Coppola, Tarantino and Spielberg are overrated as directors compared to himself. The guy has serious issues and it's a shame the media even picked up on this nonscence.

Has anyone seen CHI-RAQ here (his film that didn't get nominated) that want to argue that it wouldn't have been called racist if a white person directed it?

Edited by AtariLegend

I think most people now know Spike Lee for the total wanker he is, possessing the habit of hemorrhaging verbal diarrhea every month. Remember when he was having a pop at Clint for not including homies at the Battle of Iwo Jima? Mention in vain that the US Marines were racially segregated during World War II and that it was a white unit which lifted the flag on Mount Suribachi, the subject of the film!

If Chris Rock doesn't step down as host than he's no different from any Uncle Tom!

If it makes them feel better, Will Smith did get a Razzie "redeemer" award for following up After Earth with Concussion. It is surprising he wasn't nominated. They had to choose Eddie Redmayne over him because as much as they hate pissing off the black people of Hollywood, it would be an even bigger folly if they pissed off the LGBT of Hollywood.

Redmayne will win it because it touches on LGBT themes.

People are talking about how Innaritu won't win director because the Academy doesn't like to award the same director two years in a row. I've been thinking about that logic in regards to Best Actor - I don't know the hard stats but I imagine that is also quite rare?

Redmayne will win it because it touches on LGBT themes.

People are talking about how Innaritu won't win director because the Academy doesn't like to award the same director two years in a row. I've been thinking about that logic in regards to Best Actor - I don't know the hard stats but I imagine that is also quite rare?

For actors it has only been done three times, and twice for actresses.

I saw the Revenant the other night and wow. Maybe the most overrated movie of all time. The story was really weak and Leonardo Dicaprio's performance was incredibly meh. Crawling and grunting does not equal a great performance. This is an obvious case of someone getting credit for th eperformance before the movie was even released just based on name recognition and people have bought into the hype like sheep. How does Leo get a nod for best actor and Tom Hardy gets best supporting? His performance was better than Leo's and he was just as important to the movie, or more so than Leo. More lines, better character, better acting almost equal screen time.

The cinematography and special effects were excellent but as a whole the movie is average at best. 5.5 or 6 / 10 and I have no desire to ever see it again.

• Like 2

how is Carol not nominated for BP and Haynes for director? joke

I was underwhelmed by it, although I agree Haynes deserved a nom and it's miles better than Brooklyn. I just can't stand Blanchett anymore. Too much ACTING, no listening and being in the moment.

Of the nominees, I'm rooting for Spotlight, or Fury Road in an upset.

Redmayne won't get it, it's an obvious performance in a film no one loved. And he gets knocked off screen by Alicia Vikander.

Agree with Bono 100% on The Revenant.

Edited by Angelica