GN'R To Be Featured In 'Legends Of Rock' Exhibit At 'Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame'

Guns N' Roses To Be Featured In 'Legends Of Rock' Exhibit At 'Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame'

According to the Cleveland Scene, the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame will celebrate a partial reunion of GUNS N' ROSES' classic lineup by featuring the 2012 Hall Of Fame inductees in its Legends Of Rock exhibit that will open on Friday, February 26. Items on display will include a GUNS N' ROSES pinball machine owned by Slash; a black top hat with a brim that curls at edges worn by Slash; a button down madras plaid shirt with cut off sleeves worn by Axl Rose; a black Colorado Rockies short-sleeved jersey worn by Dizzy Reed; a prototype Slash guitar (a 1986 Les Paul replica, handmade by Kris Derrig); and black leather Converse high-top sneakers worn by Slash.  

"We are thrilled to add GUNS N' ROSES to our Legends of Rock exhibition," says Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame president and CEO Greg Harris in a press release. "Their legacy and impact is remarkable and we are excited to share these items with fans during this historic reunion year. Slash is incredibly supportive of the Rock Hall, and by donating his Les Paul and pinball machine, he helped made this exhibit possible."   

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/guns-n-roses-to-be-featured-in-legends-of-rock-exhibit-at-rock-and-roll-hall-of-fame/

Guns N' Roses Pinball & Happy Hour

Guns N Roses event pinball

To celebrate the debut of the Guns N' Roses display in the Legends of Rock exhibit on February 26, the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame will host a special Guns ‘N Roses themed evening on Wednesday, February 17.  Local residents will enjoy discounted entry for Rock Hall exhibits, happy hour featuring samplings of New Belgium beer, and the chance to win an opportunity to play the Guns N’ Roses pinball machine. Additionally, Cleveland radio station 100.7 WMMS will host a listen to win contest on the Alan Cox show from February 8 through February 12, 2016 that will award winners event admission and the opportunity to play the Guns N’ Roses pinball machine. Admission to the event is free, but a Museum admission ticket will be needed to tour exhibits.  

OFFICIAL RULES: No purchase necessary to enter or win. Making a purchase will not increase your odds of winning.  Enter between 6:00pm and 8:30pm on Wednesday, February 17, 2016.  One entry per person.  More frequent or illegible entries may be disqualified.  Each winner will be selected in random, multiple drawings held on Wednesday, February 17 starting at 6:15pm through 8:35pm, from among eligible entries received during entry period. Each winner will receive at least 1 but no more than 3 minutes to play the Guns N’ Roses pinball machine at a time to be determined between 6:15pm to 9:00pm.  Odds of winning depend on number of eligible entries received.  Must be present to win; prize will be provided to winners upon confirmation of identity.  Personal information submitted by entrant may be used in accordance with, and is subject to, Sponsor’s Privacy Policy (http://www.rockhall.com/privacy).  This offer is subject to applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.  Sponsor:  The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum, Inc., 1100 Rock & Roll Blvd., 751 Erieside Avenue, Cleveland, Ohio 44114.  

because GUNS N' ROSES is. THAT BIG.

Even with that axl reject and legal issues in 2012 and everything in between. They still are doing some special extravaganza about gnr 

This reunion its a dream come true right now, but my gut is telling me that maybe we're about to live something waaay beyond our most deep and unbelieveble dreams/hopes 

We're about to get un our very faces a reminder of why GUNS N' FUCKIN ROSES was( and about to get back to) the greatest band in the world as long as they wanted it to

Just now, curmudgeonrose said:

I thought they were gonna play at the RnRHoF...

This sucks.

Hey I'm having an exclusive legendary GnR exhibit at my house I've got my hand which shook Axl's hand, a drumstick from Steven & a pick from MR IZZY himself come check it out

At this point you probably could get Dizzy in Lucite for your exhibit. 

I'm not a fan of the Rock Hall and by Rock Hall I mean the actual place in Cleveland. I had a bad circumstantial experience there once way back in 1999 that kind of ruined it for me. They had some one of a kind Elvis memorabilia on display that was also on diplay at Graceland at the same time. Both places were claiming to have the original and I would assume Graceland would have the original if anyone would. So it made me wonder about the authenticity of pretty much everything else in the place. Bums me out too because it's only a 2hr drive from my house, so I'd love to go over there for a weekend trip, but there's really no point. 

• Like 1

Right, there is the question of whether the item is even legit. But if it is, and this is really to answer cooker's question, it is not necessarily donated by the artist.  That might explain how they have Axl's shirt.  When the item is on display there will be a placard nearby indicating who donated the item.

23 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I'm not a fan of the Rock Hall and by Rock Hall I mean the actual place in Cleveland. I had a bad circumstantial experience there once way back in 1999 that kind of ruined it for me. They had some one of a kind Elvis memorabilia on display that was also on diplay at Graceland at the same time. Both places were claiming to have the original and I would assume Graceland would have the original if anyone would. So it made me wonder about the authenticity of pretty much everything else in the place. Bums me out too because it's only a 2hr drive from my house, so I'd love to go over there for a weekend trip, but there's really no point. 

Not genuine enough for you, are they?

article-2194594-14B27DA5000005DC-307_634

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/9/2016 at 8:15 PM, downzy said:

Kind of cool.  Wish they had more memorabilia.  Wonder how long this exhibit will last.

The exhibit will be on display for sure through the end of July and could possibly be there for years, apparently.

Rock Hall Rundown: Slash's pinball machine

February 25, 2016

Rock Hall Associate Curator Meredith Rutledge-Borger said the exhibit was already in the works prior to the reunion announcement.  “Our CEO, Greg Harris, had a really great conversation with Slash late last year [at his Hard Rock Rocksino Northfield Park show],” Rutledge-Borger said. “Slash was like, ‘I really want to give you something. I’ve got this pinball machine.’ We were like, ‘Wow, that’s pretty cool.’ It then became sort of serendipity when this reunion was announced.”

Speaking of the Guns N’ Roses induction, Rose decided not to join his then- former bandmates — guitarists Slash and Izzy Stradlin, bassist McKagan and drummers Steven Adler and Matt Sorum — on stage at Public Music Hall.

“Axl has, throughout his career, sort of proven that he’s kind of an iconoclast,” Rutledge-Borger said. “He’s not going to do what’s expected of him necessarily, and we respect him for that. He’s definitely got some ideas the way things should be and his place in our culture. We were disappointed he didn’t come along with the rest of his bandmates to be inducted, but he’s an artist and is allowed to have those vagaries.”

http://www.news-herald.com/article/HR/20160225/FEATURES/160229766