Verizon Arena to reveal surprise concert

14 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

I don't wanna live in a world where the next GnR date announced for this tour is in fuckin Arkansas...

No fuckin way it's GnR. Absolutely gotta be Dolly Parton...

The only scenario I can see happening is GN'R telling Verizon Arena what time they are allowed to announce it – because, GN'R will announce their whole tour at 8am tomorrow.

I can't see this Arkansas date being the next big stand-alone announcement from GN'R.

Edited by Spirit

13 minutes ago, Spirit said:

The only scenario I can see happening is GN'R telling Verizon Arena what time they are allowed to announce it – because, GN'R will announce their whole tour at 8am tomorrow.

I can't see this Arkansas date being the next big stand-alone announcement from GN'R.

I'll agree with you there. I hadn't considered the whole tour announced tomorrow morning though. That would be awesome! 

FWIW there's a lot of non country bands playing there this summer. Journey, def Leppard, Mumford and Sons, Dave Matthews. Doesn't seem that out there besides the fact that the seventh show would be in Arkansas. 

Edited by KiernanProud

Looks like it might be Paul McCartney.

There isn't a show scheduled for him at this arena, yet on the event calendar it says "Ticket on sale for Paul McCartney" on March 14.

Seems to be a slip for them since they wanted it to be a surprise... haha.

Edited by Spirit

There's no way its Guns.

McCartney makes much more sense. Seems every time someone has a surprise announcement its been McCartney. And by that I'm just thinking of one other place that did the same in like Buffalo New York and it ended up being McCartney. He likes to do those random sporadic dates in places not everyone goes to so that makes perfect sense to me.

He also fits the "band all ages can see" which Guns N Roses really does not. Which is why I was gonna guess Taylor Swift. The only thing that kind of throws me would be the guy saying he heard it would be a "band". Its not like its gonna be the Beatles or Wings, so if its McCartney that info is just wrong or... well then its not McCartney. Pretty interesting to have now, but I have extremely strong doubts its Guns. In fact, I'd be beyond shocked if that was the case. I think in terms of scaling back touring, if they really are reconsidering venues, doesn't mean they're moving to arenas but that they'll play less stadiums in bigger cities. It'll be a "destination" type concert, but thats just my opinion.

5 minutes ago, gunsfanoldie said:

There's no way its Guns.

McCartney makes much more sense. Seems every time someone has a surprise announcement its been McCartney. And by that I'm just thinking of one other place that did the same in like Buffalo New York and it ended up being McCartney. He likes to do those random sporadic dates in places not everyone goes to so that makes perfect sense to me.

He also fits the "band all ages can see" which Guns N Roses really does not. Which is why I was gonna guess Taylor Swift. The only thing that kind of throws me would be the guy saying he heard it would be a "band". Its not like its gonna be the Beatles or Wings, so if its McCartney that info is just wrong or... well then its not McCartney. Pretty interesting to have now, but I have extremely strong doubts its Guns. In fact, I'd be beyond shocked if that was the case. I think in terms of scaling back touring, if they really are reconsidering venues, doesn't mean they're moving to arenas but that they'll play less stadiums in bigger cities. It'll be a "destination" type concert, but thats just my opinion.

I agree.

The "band that's no longer together" also threw me. I don't know how to apply that on Paul McCartney. However, it could somehow fit GN'R.

1 minute ago, Spirit said:

I agree.

The "band that's no longer together" also threw me. I don't know how to apply that on Paul McCartney. However, it could somehow fit GN'R.

Yeah, there's no way TO apply it to Paul. So it would have to mean its either wrong information (maybe to throw people off?) or its just not Paul. I guess we'll know in 12 hours. The other reason the "band" thing throws me is I can't think of a single band that's no longer together that would then come back for a show in Arkansas. I mean, nothing against Arkansas, but that just plain doesn't make sense, GNR included.

Just now, gunsfanoldie said:

Yeah, there's no way TO apply it to Paul. So it would have to mean its either wrong information (maybe to throw people off?) or its just not Paul. I guess we'll know in 12 hours. The other reason the "band" thing throws me is I can't think of a single band that's no longer together that would then come back for a show in Arkansas. I mean, nothing against Arkansas, but that just plain doesn't make sense, GNR included.

Well I guess you could say he'll be playing some Beatles and Wings' songs, which is bands that are no longer together.

Hard to say how accurate the quote was.

1 minute ago, IncitingChaos said:

So is the arena making an announcement tomorrow or GNR? 

GNR haven't said anything.

The arena has announced an announcement tomorrow.

Just now, IncitingChaos said:

So the arena made an announcement that they have an announcement to make? This has GNR written all over it...

THAT is the truest thing thats been said so far LOL!

But yes, to build hype I guess they made an announcement that they are making an announcement. I don't think it has to do with our band, but that parallel is to identical to ignore.

15 minutes ago, CandyGenius said:

Oh man. This would be awesome. I live in Little Rock and, it's a long shot, but it would make my fucking life if GnR played here.

I'm just a couple of hours away from Little Rock and it would be great to not have to go to Dallas for once :rofl-lol:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ManetsUS said:

The newscast said it's someone all ages will like, so I think that leans it more toward GNR or Prince because I've never heard of a teenager that is a Dolly Parton fan

That's too bad for them . The kids could use some Hello Dolly (Parton)in their lives. This discussion  should be moved to My World and titled "The all-purpose Dolly Parton thread" tomorrow at 8:01 AM no matter who ends up being announced as the perfomer.

Just now, Subtle Signs said:

That's too bad for them . The kids could use some Hello Dolly (Parton)in their lives. This discussion  should be moved to My World and titled "The all-purpose Dolly Parton thread" tomorrow at 8:01 AM no matter who ends up being announced as the perfomer.

An user in HTGTH posted that they added Paul McCartney to the calendar but now it's not there anymore. So if it's Paul I'm fine with that too lol