Alt nation article: Slash and Duff working on unreleased CD tracks

Why did he worked in November Rain? Why did he worked in Don't Cry,  or You Could Be Mine? Those were old songs to when they were released. Even his last album had a riff from before AFD was even released. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, NOVEMBER COMA said:

Why does Chinese have to have any relationship with the current line-up of Axl, Slash & Duff? I can't see why a totally new album would not surface with no work taken from unrealeased chinese tracks. I think it would be quite possible that Axl will bring something new to the album that has not ever been mentioned in 'Nu-Guns' wheras Slash & Duff are writing all the time with Loaded & Conspiritors so easily a back riff catalogue there. Izzy?? Who knows. 

In other words why would Slash go back & work on something that is 20 years old?  

Because to Slash it's new? the initial energy for these songs is probably fresh as a daisy for him so it won't sound tired

Why waste a good song just because it wasn't written with Slash or Duff. A lot of GNR songs were written with outsiders first before being brought to the band

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, tbaugerud said:

That's one of many accepted half-truths. Ask most musicians in bands, and they'll tell you that the rhythm section is really what makes them tick. Bass and drums are the foundation on which to build on.

I don't think Izzy was more important than Duff. They had different roles. Izzy brought a certain spice to the mix, but so did punk-Duff.

Izzy wrote more songs maybe, but god knows who discovered the riffs first; Izzy or Slash.

That is fine.. Everyone has an opinion to who is more valuable. I personally think without all 5 of they would never have gotten where they did. To keep calling Axl,Slash and Duff the "Big 3" is an insult to Izzy and Steven.

• Like 3

Written sure? But it's not like Slash and the others were slopping on overdubs for November Rain's 1983 recording. The recording we got was fully representative of the band we had then.

Having Slash and Duff adding stuff on top of guys who they've never met, who haven't been in the band in a decade plus, and who they have no chemistry with, leading to an incohevise mess is a horrid idea. Which was the biggest complaint about CD by even people who loved the record.

Plus having your next record sounding a lot like the last record that everybody (fair or not) regards as a failure is a horrible idea commercially.

Horrible idea all around. Don't do it.

Edited by Bobbo
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Bobbo said:

Written sure? But it's not like Slash and the others were slopping on overdubs for November Rain's 1983 recording. The recording we got was fully representative of the band we had then.

Having Slash and Duff adding stuff on top of guys who they've never met, who haven't been in the band in a decade plus, and who they have no chemistry with, leading to an incohevise mess is a horrid idea. Which was the biggest complaint about CD by even people who loved the record.

Plus having your next record sounding a lot like the last record that everybody (fair or not) regards as a failure is a horrible idea commercially.

Horrible idea all around. Don't do it.

Agreed. A fresh recording of these songs would be great

21 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

I guess Axl is too lazy to record his vocals, I really don't get his deal, like man when the album is already recorded, he could have easily released it in 2010. 

But well its 2016 and now no new music, so at the moment I'd hear any music even if its 20 years old. 

Always legal issues. When you get lots of collaboration it would have to be a case of who pays who & who wrote what. Let's keep it simple now, Axl, Slash, Duff, equal split on new album? Doubt it's possible.

11 hours ago, Silent Jay said:

I'm sure Slash was blown away by Atlas Shrugged. And if it will be included in the next best of collection then that mean it's an instant classic.

Am I missing something?? How could you possibly know that? Did Atlas shrugged ever leak?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, AlterL said:

Slash787 World on Fire. The song I don't remember exactly, I think it was Dirty Girl or another one. He mentioned it in an interview. 

Ok I thought you were talking about Axl. 

• Like 1

I think any song released by Axl and Slash is good at this point no matter if it's 10 years old 20 years old or brand New written, it's all New to us anyway and how much more can we be dissapointed as fans anyway? We are waiting for music so long, right next door to hell released today by them would be like fucking nightrain to us 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, mr. ritz88 said:

Am I missing something?? How could you possibly know that? Did Atlas shrugged ever leak?

There is few people that have heard a rough version of it but not entirely i think. People have also heard the general, two versions on silkworms from 2006 and 2010, jackie chan and cd remixes.

1 hour ago, GibsonLP said:

Most of the recent Roth / Van Halen album was old old old stuff and that turned out pretty great. Sounded 80% just like the old days

Yeah but that's totally different. This is more like if  VH  got back with Roth and reheated  a bunch of crap from the Gary Cherone period.

12 hours ago, GNRmello77 said:

http://www.alternativenation.net/slash-working-on-unreleased-guns-n-roses-chinese-democracy-songs/ this article claims by MSL that slash and duffy are working on unreleased CD era songs, it says slash layed down a solo for Atlas Shrugged. Thoughts?

So is this like a real site or just some fan site with a bunch of ads everywhere?

1 minute ago, bigpoop said:

Yeah but that's totally different. This is more like if  VH  got back with Roth and reheated  a bunch of crap from the Gary Cherone period.

I guess that's true and my analogy wasn't entirely accurate - although even a hardcore original / UYI band fan like me can acknowledge there was some good sounding stuff on CD. Madagascar and The Blues wouldn't have sounded out of place on a UYI follow up with Slash and Duff involved

1 hour ago, Asia said:

I believe the term Big 3 is related to the band that exists now - whoeever is there, they are the Big 3 that matter - and has nothing to do with the original line-up and who was more or less important there...

It's also easier to type instead of all their names. People just use it as shorthand, it's not meant as an insult.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Asia said:

I really couldn't care less if the new songs they release were written a day ago or 10 years ago if they are good. Also I wouldn't dare to moan if we get any new songs from GNR with Slash and Duff. That would be just amazing! 

Of course I'd prefer a full length album and preferably several of them in the long run. But if for now I get at least something, I'll still be happy as shit!!! Because, wait, when was the last time GNR released a new song? And when was the last time GNR released a new original song with Slash and Duff?

That's pretty much how I look at it. If they could have a 14 track album ready to be released and only a handful of them have duff and slash re recording parts, then to me it's better than nothing. Plus ya never know, some bucket parts could still have been killer and would still be cool to hear. Probably would be the best way to please all sides on the issue too!

2 hours ago, Slash787 said:

I guess Axl is too lazy to record his vocals, I really don't get his deal, like man when the album is already recorded, he could have easily released it in 2010. 

But well its 2016 and now no new music, so at the moment I'd hear any music even if its 20 years old. 

You think his vocals have always been in such great shape he could easily just go record something? I've gotta say from 2011-2014 I don't know if I would have wanted him in the studio recording anything

1 minute ago, Billsfan said:

You think his vocals have always been in such great shape he could easily just go record something? I've gotta say from 2011-2014 I don't know if I would have wanted him in the studio recording anything

Why because of his voice?? I did notice at Melbourne, 2013 show he went off stage regularly presumably to get oxygen. Quite unfit compared to 2007 show.

39 minutes ago, wasted said:

"I swear someone is stealing from me, Eliott."

kind of feasible obviously. They could be dusting off some archive tracks.

Crash Diet and Atlas Shrugged would be a combo of maximum force. 

At that point they might as well polish up a whole record-worth of unreleased songs from all the different eras and call it Guns N' Roses Anthology or some shit.

4 hours ago, GibsonLP said:

I guess that's true and my analogy wasn't entirely accurate - although even a hardcore original / UYI band fan like me can acknowledge there was some good sounding stuff on CD. Madagascar and The Blues wouldn't have sounded out of place on a UYI follow up with Slash and Duff involved

That's how I feel. Blues, Better, Madagascar, Twat and Catcher all sound like Axl "songs" from the Ilkusions era. 

In able to get an album out ASAP, letting Duff/Slash work their magic on General/Atlas/Soulmonster/Checkmate.....while then also writing a few songs from scratch - that is a hell of a lot better  idea than another boring greatest hits album with two new songs. Who in the hell wants another greatest hits album full of songs we all already own?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Apollo said:

That's how I feel. Blues, Better, Madagascar, Twat and Catcher all sound like Axl "songs" from the Ilkusions era. 

In able to get an album out ASAP, letting Duff/Slash work their magic on General/Atlas/Soulmonster/Checkmate.....while then also writing a few songs from scratch - that is a hell of a lot better  idea than another boring greatest hits album with two new songs. Who in the hell wants another greatest hits album full of songs we all already own?

Do we even know anything about General/Atlas/Soulmonster or Checkmate? I know it was mentioned the General is part of the trilogy making it a quadrilogy?