Night Train and ticket sales

19 hours ago, BobGuccioneJr said:

FYI -- while you've priced it to break even, Stub Hub has marked it up considerably. Listing price including fees is $343 for your ticket. Wait until the general sale or put it up on craigslist and you should hopefully move it sooner than later. 

Jeez!  Thanks for the heads up about Stub Hub

Well FUCK TICKETMASTER. Holy shit I am so fuckin' pissed right now. I wanted to go to San Fran so badly, arranged everything (thank god I haven't yet booked my flight from Germany), had some awesome Lower Deck Slash Side Tickets in my Cart, and then I was unable to pay, error message 41700 or something. Then the 5min in which the tickets are reserved were over, now I'm sitting here and feeling fucked over so badly. Sorry for my bad language but I just had to get this off my chest. Goddamn it I'm pissed. Don't wanna buy fuckin scalper tickets cause I'm a student and I can barely afford the flight and shit, 122$ plus Fees would've been an okay price for the seats I had. Fuck this!

I don't like the fact that I won't be able to print the tickets until a few days before the actual show. I just don't trust the listings from StubHub. If there is a mistake I won't have much time to do anything about it. I'll be in a meeting around 10:00am tomorrow, but I'm going to leave in order to be at my desk for the sale tomorrow (I don't trust the WiFi in our conference room.) In a haste I'll probably mess up (Cause I can hardly see the damn things) when selecting the anti robot pics. I'm torn between buying a tic now on stubbhub (that's not too highly priced at the moment) and waiting, Obviously I have no PATIENCE. :)

Edited by Dick Jagger

It's been my experience that the best tickets are held for VIP or general public sale.  Pre-sale tickets are decent, but if you want Pit tickets you're going to have to wait until the general sale and then gamble.  Also might help if you only ask for one ticket.  

Disappointing pre-sale for Night train.  What's really troubling is that they're still selling nightrain memberships on ticketmaster, with the implication that if you buy a membership you'll get access to to ticket, which isn't the case for the Toronto show.  You're essentially paying $45 - $65 to be told there are no more Nightrain pre-sale tickets available.  Kind of shitty.  

3 minutes ago, werner said:

Fucking payment doesn't work for me. Tickets for san diego and everytime an error Comes up when i want to pay with my VISA. Fuck

Yep, that's exactly what happened to me as well... Seems Europeans aren't allowed on Ticketmaster <_<

Just now, GNRSBACKBOI said:

Guys appreciate anyone who can give me advice: So I didnt buy anything yet...would it be better to wait until the general public sale tomorrow or hop on the Nightrain pre sale before it closes tonight?

Dont bother with Nighttrain I bought it last week and havent been able to get jack shit except for tix from a 90 degree angle view from the stage... Mioght as well wait for general sale and get them off of Stubhub... I fucking hate Ticketmaster so much...

3 minutes ago, GNRSBACKBOI said:

Guys appreciate anyone who can give me advice: So I didnt buy anything yet...would it be better to wait until the general public sale tomorrow or hop on the Nightrain pre sale before it closes tonight?

If you already have a NR account it can't hurt to see what it pulls up. If you don't I would wait until tomorrow, from what I gather NR doesn't have presale tickets left to every show.

Just now, GunsDK said:

NIghtrain presale only has terrible seats left now for the SF show.

All of the Night Train pre-sale seats are horrible as well as the other pre-sales.  You know what I suggest to everyone? Just get whatever tickets you want.  This is a once in a lifetime thing.  So save yourself the headaches and just get it over with on stub hub....

11 minutes ago, IAmKolossus said:

All of the Night Train pre-sale seats are horrible as well as the other pre-sales.  You know what I suggest to everyone? Just get whatever tickets you want.  This is a once in a lifetime thing.  So save yourself the headaches and just get it over with on stub hub....

I'm still debating that. If I go StubHub now then I'll probably BE ABLE to get a PIT ticket during the pre-sale tomorrow, right. If not then vice versa. I wanted a hard (GA PIT) ticket and to be on the side of Slash (he's on the GA1 side, right?) but I guess I can't be too nit picky. One of the Resale site had pit tickets for around $379, that's about $450 with fee's and $200 more than face value. Sucks but not too bad all things considered.

Just now, batman007 said:

Does anyone know if I would have any trouble using a Citi card password? I have read a lot of you guys doing it . So, it would work , right ?

i read you have to use the code- then click on "other forms of payment" at check out and use your non citi visa or whatever

haven't confirmed this myself

5 minutes ago, PITBOSS said:

i read you have to use the code- then click on "other forms of payment" at check out and use your non citi visa or whatever

haven't confirmed this myself

I have and it works. I got my tickets yesterday to the Seattle show using this method. Wish I would have known earlier and I would have got row 8 on the floor. I hope the CenturyLink field lower bowl section 108 is nice and close to the stage.

Edited by TrixAreForKids

Just now, TrixAreForKids said:

I have and it works. I got my tickets to the Seattle show using this method yesterday. Wish I would have known earlier and I would have got row 8 on the floor. I hope the CenturyLink field lower bowl section 108 is nice and close to the stage.

i picked up row 7 floor a for that show on the nightrain presale

• Like 1

I got it over with.  Like I told Dick Jagger, its a ojnce in a life time thing.  You probably will never get a chance to see them live again.  Check Stub hub really well and buy tickets that have the actual row and seat nuymbers on them that way you know exactly what you are getting.

I guarantee you it will cost even more in 2 months.  It happened to me when I went to see Behemoth/1349 2 years ago with their VIP/meet and greet passes.  I waited, could have gotten them for 80 a pop, ended up paying 130, 3 weeks before the show.  This is GNR, so you can imagine how much more expensive the premium is going to be.

Good luck everyone.  I actually found great seats for the best reasonable price so just check stubhub with patience. Not everyone is looking to get as much $ possible from their tickets.