Night Train and ticket sales

1 hour ago, God of Thunder said:

I had the same problem; as European it was very hard for me to believe that there are seats on the floor in a stadium at a rock concert. As far as I know in most venues they have a GA pit right in front which is standing only and seem to go for absolutely ridiculous prices. 

Interestingly for this tour the GA pit tix are the same price as the floor reserved seats are....but yes we do do some silly things here in the states.

GA has been a hot topic here for as long as I can remember ever since Some fans got killed at a who show in Cincinnati back in 1979 during a stampede that occurred while trying to enter.

1 hour ago, Drakestar said:

It can go either way here depending on the concert and that may even be dictated by the stage layout, fire regulations, greed.

Yes, in this series of concerts, the field has physical seats along with some premium general admission (standing/pit). The seats are usually attached together (often zip ties) so thing stay organized.

Thanks, appreciate the help. So from what I understand it won't be a crazy pit like scenario (even though I don't think anyone will actually sit while they're playing) and you have at least some degree of your "own, limited, space". Plus I'm not the tallest guy so I should be ok to see properly?

So... with that in mind I just managed to get a Live And Let Die VIP for Chicago SEC A3! Pretty excited!! Hope it turns out to be a good one...

Thanks all.

44 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

Interestingly for this tour the GA pit tix are the same price as the floor reserved seats are....but yes we do do some silly things here in the states.

GA has been a hot topic here for as long as I can remember ever since Some fans got killed at a who show in Cincinnati back in 1979 during a stampede that occurred while trying to enter.

wow. I didn't know this. Interesting read about the event and the fallout.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Who_concert_disaster

I think it's kind of funny that the VIP tickets are soooo expensive (believe me I know I foolishly bought one for vegas) when you can literally get the exact same ticket for a fraction of the price. I got GA PIT 1 for pgh at $221. The exact same ticket only w free booze and a book and a little swag was billed as the welcome to the jungle VIP PIT experience for $1750.. Good God. If anyone has that package for pgh, I'm offering $40 for you to grab me beers as you go with your free drinking pass lol.

6 minutes ago, challenger70rt said:

I think it's kind of funny that the VIP tickets are soooo expensive (believe me I know I foolishly bought one for vegas) when you can literally get the exact same ticket for a fraction of the price. I got GA PIT 1 for pgh at $221. The exact same ticket only w free booze and a book and a little swag was billed as the welcome to the jungle VIP PIT experience for $1750.. Good God. If anyone has that package for pgh, I'm offering $40 for you to grab me beers as you go with your free drinking pass lol.

Fuck me - that's a great idea. Pay the VIP people for beer runs. You come out ahead and it helps them make back some of the cost. :lol:

Just now, Tom-Ass said:

Wow, must be different prices for different venues.. Floor seats and lower bowl at Foxboro were $308 after fees....

Same here in Detroit. That's why I ended just getting lower bowl like I wanted to in the first place. 

6 minutes ago, challenger70rt said:

$221 was face. With taxes and fees it was $251 n some change. You have to figure though it would vary a little bit from area to area. Different taxing structures, entertainment fees etc, probably make up the bulk of the difference.

Looks like the fees and shit were about the same... Here they were $280 face and $308 with fees... Quite a difference...

2 hours ago, tsinindy said:

How did you get to pick your Seats?

Some venues have the "Buy On Map" feature available (like New Orleans), where you can see individual available seats. Some (like MetLife) only have the "Find Seats For Me" option.

I got the presale on saturday, my wife and myself will be in the lower section 112 at heinz field in pittsburgh the last time i saw Gnr was at  3rivers stadium in pitts when they were there with metallica, awesome show

Is it possible to get a refund?  I have a 12th row ticket for San Diego.  I was going to go myself, but a ticket with a group of friends opened up.  I'm trying to sell it on eBay and Stub Hub for face value (261.75 with fees). but no one is biting, Ugh!  

43 minutes ago, Blackjacker said:

Some venues have the "Buy On Map" feature available (like New Orleans), where you can see individual available seats. Some (like MetLife) only have the "Find Seats For Me" option.

Damn, I want that for cincy.  Figured that just wasn't available during pre-sales...

50 minutes ago, Evan442 said:

Is it possible to get a refund?  I have a 12th row ticket for San Diego.  I was going to go myself, but a ticket with a group of friends opened up.  I'm trying to sell it on eBay and Stub Hub for face value (261.75 with fees). but no one is biting, Ugh!  

Yeah, just call them.. I returned a bunch of tickets yesterday because no one wanted them. I would do it sooner than later though. It may depend on the venue but there is usually a 24 hour grace period.

wow, this thread got intense, lol, I'm sort of glad I missed the 10am sat mad rush or I'd have ended up breathing into a paper bag in the fetal position. 

My original plan was wait til the 7th, for the facebook presale, but when I started watching twitter when nightrain tix went on sale, people were saying whole stadiums were selling out and how they couldn't get tickets. So spur of the moment at 11pm Sat night, I bought a nightrain membership so I could try for Kansas City. I was only looking to spend about $100 a ticket since my husband is more or less tagging along so I don't get murdered, but also didn't want to be in the nosebleed section. Got Club seating, veering off toward Duff's side (which anywhere on Duff's side is what I wanted). I'm ok with them, I'm breathing the same air as them at least, which i thought would never happen, ha. 

I was want

5 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

There isn't one for Cincy unfortunately 

I was going to try for that show first, but I wasn't feeling the Wednesday date. I have a feeling you can get good seats to this show because of this.

On April 5, 2016 at 10:03 AM, Tom-Ass said:

Yeah, just call them.. I returned a bunch of tickets yesterday because no one wanted them. I would do it sooner than later though. It may depend on the venue but there is usually a 24 hour grace period.

They wouldn't let me.  I put it on eBay and Stub Hub at face value and no one is even biting!  I really hope I don't get stuck with a $261.75 ticket.  It's a deal compared to what scalpers are asking for! 

38 minutes ago, Evan442 said:

They wouldn't let me.  I put it on eBay and Stub Hub at face value and no one is even biting!  I really hope I don't get stuck with a $261.75 ticket.  It's a deal compared to what scalpers are asking for! 

That sucks.. Good luck.. I am sure it will work itself out.. 

a3ZRtTx.jpg

Just got this email, apparently there's a Spotify presale going on tomorrow (4/7) too. Didn't know about this one. I already have 2 sets of tickets to Toronto, so if anyone wants to.. shoot me a PM and I'll give you that presale code. 

• Like 1