07/06/16 - Cincinnati, OH - Paul Brown Stadium (Steven Adler 2 Songs)

downzy

3 minutes ago, 22frets said:

That's his BC Rich Mockingbird. 

Ah you're right. I've only watched the periscopes they look similar in poor quality haha

3 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

He used a Les Paul in Vegas, did he change it for this tour? I didn't notice.

Yes he switched 

• Like 1

Just now, Eddie Money said:

I wish Dizzy and Melissa the computer player would have left the stage during these two songs out of respect for the original lineup.  You still need Richard but if izzy were there, they would be foolish not to let post classic lineup without them.  They are pretty much inaudible on the appetite stuff anyway... Except for the bongo part near the end of WTTJ.  

yes, i totally agree!

5 minutes ago, MrSoftie said:

Except neither one of them were original members. Matt didn't write Rocket Queen, or Jungle, or Brownstone, or Nightrain, or Paradise City, or Sweet Child, or even half the songs on the UYI albums, or the fucking YCBM intro.

If you are arguing there is no difference bwteen the 2 of them then your wrong.

If you are arguing that hes not regarded in the same way as the classic line up.. i concur.

it really is that simple.

1 minute ago, Cughall'a said:

Maybe because he can barely speak?

Come on'! Stop acting like nothing happened there.

And Slash has an implanted defibrillator from alcohol abuse... Duff's pancreas exploded.... What's the difference?

• Like 1

Just now, MrSoftie said:

Except neither one of them were original members. Matt didn't write Rocket Queen, or Jungle, or Brownstone, or Nightrain, or Paradise City, or Sweet Child, or even half the songs on the UYI albums, or the fucking YCBM intro.

.The debate was about your logic concerning Gilby and Matt, and how you see them as equally unimportant to GN'R. I never said I'd prefer Matt to Adler. I said I'd have both on the tour. You then switched to the Gilby vs Matt non-sense.

Now, you've listed six great classic GN'R songs Matt hasn't played on. Well done. Let me give you a couple he did play on; November Rain, Estranged, You Could Be Mine, Coma, Don't Cry... What now?

1 minute ago, KiernanProud said:

Ah you're right. I've only watched the periscopes they look similar in poor quality haha

Yes he switched 

Good to know. It's not really a song I go back to on youtube and I never could tell on periscope. I've listened to that Vegas IEM a ton of times though and he sounds awesome on CD, I'll have to start watching that song again :lol:

5 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I imagine they would've left it up to him, I assumed Slash just thought the Firebird felt unnatural on GNR songs or something and liked it on The Seeker.

I was just being a dick. Not a fan of The Seeker, but the band clearly like it so it's all good

Just now, Jeez said:

.The debate was about your logic concerning Gilby and Matt, and how you see them as equally unimportant to GN'R. I never said I'd prefer Matt to Adler. I said I'd have both on the tour. You then switched to the Gilby vs Matt non-sense.

Now, you've listed six great classic GN'R songs Matt hasn't played on. Well done. Let me give you a couple he did play on; November Rain, Estranged, You Could Be Mine, Coma, Don't Cry... What now?

I never said anything about them being equally unimportant. I never said you preferred Matt to Adler.

AFD 5 I understand, AFD 5 + a replacement I don't understand. Difference of opinion is all.

6 minutes ago, Eddie Money said:

I wish Dizzy and Melissa the computer player would have left the stage during these two songs out of respect for the original lineup.  You still need Richard but if izzy were there, they would be foolish not to let post classic lineup have a few songs without them.  They are pretty much inaudible on the appetite stuff anyway... Except for the bongo part near the end of WTTJ.  

Well said! 

What a lucky crowd tonight.

What's cool, and don't take this the wrong way, but they broke out a big gun on a Wednesday night when some might say that could've been saved for a bigger weekend show.  Specifically, Nashville TN this Saturday.

The Nashville show appears to be the 1st true non-workday show of this part of the tour since it got started.  I know they played a Friday but that's still a workday for most. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Good to know. It's not really a song I go back to on youtube and I never could tell on periscope. I've listened to that Vegas IEM a ton of times though and he sounds awesome on CD, I'll have to start watching that song again :lol:

Now that I know it was the Mockingbird it makes sense. It has the right tone for CD with the hard hitting intro and quick solo. Actually reminds me of YCBM now that i'm hearing it. 

• Like 1