07/09/16 - Nashville, TN - Nissan Stadium

downzy

2 minutes ago, Padme said:

I could be mistaken but I think he said that about This I Love

was TIL ever linked to Slash? Because i remember it was a chat and the question was about Slash  but you can be right and i could be remembering wrong, plus, Axl could have lied too so who knows :shrugs: still a good song

7 minutes ago, sanity_lost said:

Why did I think Sorry was about a past manager? I have no idea where I got that in my head from. 

Alan Niven and Doug Gouldstien?

Well now that song would be perfect to dedicate to them 

15 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

I dont know if the streams cut out after or during DTJ but axl said something along the lines of "thats a little love song we wrote about the record industry..." 

I didnt think much of it at first, but do you think Axl is actually trying to put music out there but cant because of some record companies bullshit? I know i probably just stired the shit pot with that question, but idk that comment just seemed weird and out of place to me. Axl barely talks any more! Especially before or after DTJ, the "rant" song. Has he said this before at any gigs this year? 

not to my knowledge and i have seen everything so far on periscope that was possible

Edited by AxlsFavoriteRose

3 hours ago, nztop said:

Thanks for a question, maybe that was not so adequate or preciselly defined. But in a sence that less weight enables you to be more agile, faster, easier to move and live, it means also less stress for your bones (he broke foot) and hearth. Therefore, for all of us who wish him well, it's not wrong nor bad that we wish him to get slim. However, outlaw spirit and critisizing and changing the world attitude is desirable!

So.............not at all a role model than lol.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

he's got a bit of a belly, it's cute! he is singing great, his mood has been outstanding, he's punctual and cordial and really just a delight so BACK OFF!! #TeamAxl rock3:P:takethat:

The Men is 54 so all the people saying he is fat need to come down. 

3 hours ago, NorwegianGirl said:

Great to see Axl giving his all at these shows :axl92::wub:

About the weight discussion: When I saw AXL/DC in Denmark 4 weeks ago, I actually thought that all these videos and photos online doesn't do him any justice. In person, he looks a lot thinner. Not that I care! I just got surprised and it was noticible. I was fortunate to meet him twice that weekend. The second time I met him he wasn't wearing a jacket, and you could see his arms were really toned and he was overall slim/fit. Yes he's got a little belly and I couldn't care less. :lol: Again, it did NOT look like all those photos and videos I'd seen previously from the stage. It looked much smaller in person and in natural lighting!! And yes, his cheekbones were also very noticible and cute!!

I will add a photo from my meeting with him to try to show what I mean. I think he looks great!

Singing wise, it is a whole different experience being there in person hearing him sing. When I saw GnR at coachella, I regretted watching all those videos from previous shows first. Because it didn't sound like that live. And to me at least, that's all that matters. (how it sounds live... and not how it sounds on youtube videos). That's truly what a concert experience is all about. The feeling you get being there. Not recording it and then going home to analyze every note. (to me at least). And that's even why I never even touched my phone at coachella. I let my friend snap a few photos from my phone so I didn't have to waist any time on it, haha.

2016-06-13 15.38.009.jpg

when he sings it looks bigger to me. maybe because when he sings he has to expand his diaphragm? just an educated guess :shrugs: but yeah he look thinner here to me in this pic :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lenni19 said:

The Men is 54 so all the people saying he is fat need to come down. 

and the media is just brutal! they don't care that he's singing better than he has in years, moving around better, delightful and entertaining nooooo just find something to nitpick about, smh...:facepalm:

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, giuls said:

was TIL ever linked to Slash? Because i remember it was a chat and the question was about Slash  but you can be right and i could be remembering wrong, plus, Axl could have lied too so who knows :shrugs: still a good song

TIL was written and recorded in Paris in 1992. So it wasn't about Slash. My guess has always been the song is about Erin. But Axl might have made changes to the song before the final version we have on CD. Axl was never 100% clear as far as I know

6 hours ago, Slash787 said:

img16.jpg

Now we 're talking. Love it.

6 hours ago, oohwa said:

I personally LOVe the hats and why don't i see/hear complaints about Slash's weight?? It don't really matter.....I'd fuck either of the three lol

Personally I don't care about the hats, his hair, his belly or what kind of socks he wears.

It's all about the music. We are witnessing history and some people need to complain about everything.

I bet when Izzy jump on stage (hopefully soon) these people will argue about the type of hat his wearing or his pants color.

Edited by nikosgnr
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Black Sabbath said:

No guitar picks or sticks, but Slash did notice my shirt and pointed, smiled and laughed.

And it was very hot and humid. Axl was literally pouring with sweat. I got hit with it multiple times... 

if you have enough on your shirt you could sell it on ebay :lol:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

when he sings it looks bigger to me. maybe because when he sings he has to expand his diaphragm? just an educated guess :shrugs: but yeah he look thinner here to me in this pic :)

It's hard to say, but it's not really flattering being on stage with all those lights, weird angles and we all know cameras aren't always nice and adds a few extra pounds :lol:  And I do think he wears over sized t-shirts. I'll say it again: in person off stage, he looks amazing. :heart: (not saying he doesn't on stage!!)

5 hours ago, gunsguy said:

You guys are over the top with the look of another man, kinda worries me...

HOW WAS THE SHOW???  That is the important part!  You are living in a historic time and worried about the wrong things IMO. 

this is the most sensible thing i have read yet on this subject which should not even be a subject IMO. someone suggested a new topic for this? think that would be a great idea! can this happen? thanks

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, axlrose42025 said:

I been to 6 gnr concerts since 02 and this by far I.m.o had to be the best !! I've seen snakepit and  AC/DC years back in Memphis  during stiff upper lip tour and slash's energy last night was way better then it was then. Noticed also after dtj axls comment about the record company and got my mind racing w new album? You look back at past shows w the original line up and u see axl going through whatever he was and fighting w fans and ALOT of drama to today him in great moods no rants no calling out band members no threatening fans just going out playing the best show he possibly can

His voice was so raw and powerful last night that it literally echoed across Nashville had friends that came up and cldnt get in w their fake stub hub tix they bought but enjoyed the show from pedestrian bridge and said that his voice echoed thru a very noisy downtown Nashville

All in all best gnr performance I've ever had from the opening of its so easy to the best grand finale fire work show of paradise city I hope this is more than a reunion show and axl n slash n Duff decide to continue as a band and decide to bring back popcorn Adler w them ..btw ....we were sitting in upper level when Adler came out the whole place went apeshit and the top of that stadium was shaking hard from all ppl jumping and rocking out don't think axls not noticing our reaction to him he literally asked think he should play another b4 Michelle and the crowd definitely let him know .... definitely thinking about seeing them again SOON 5*/5*

yes they are certainly on fire! i went to the first show in Vegas and thought ok cool i got to see Slash reunited w/Axl. then i started watching everything including the Axl/DC stuff and now these latest ones with Steven and i scrounged up the money for tix to the SF show next month because they keep getting better and i want to be there! i have never seen one band twice in the same year and i think i've only seen one band twice at all and not because i liked the band, they just happened to be playing w/other bands i wanted to see. the POWER of GN'R :headbang:

2 hours ago, Andy14 said:

All the talk about Axl's belly, Slash's triple chin and Duff's chicken legs and you have missed the important: Steven is getting closer to the Big 3 :headbang::dance:

(Richard, stop blocking the way :max:

bow.jpg

bow2.jpg

hahaha! love it :P

The last 15 or so seconds of this video where Axl and Slash slowly walk toward each other and then bow their heads at the end of this song look so cool that if I didn't know any better, I'd say it was rehearsed.

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

So.............not at all a role model than lol.

So ....his deeds and actions can have big impact on certain fan's lives in a way, "I want to do it, like Axl has done it", that's what I meant to say.