07/16/16 - Toronto, ON - Rogers Centre ~ PRE-PARTY INFO UPDATED IN OP!!! ~

downzy

25 minutes ago, foxmulder said:

It's been that was for the longest time. Every concert I've attended in toronto ends at 11. Apparently it's a statute bylaw that concert venues have to follow promoting a peaceful environment and reduce noise disturbance for surrounding areas. Plus look at your ticket,  it says 8:30. The GNR set being 2.5 hours, fits right on time with the 11pm mark.

I rmemeebr reading up somewhere that the Rush R40 concert went past the 11pm mark and they were fined some thousand dollars for every minute overtime, but they had to finish the set as it was being recorded for the DVD

I've been to many shows in Toronto that go past 11

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, foxmulder said:

Guns is at 8:30 bro. I'll call up rogers centre to double check. But go look at the schedule for heavy montreal, even that ends at 11 cuz of the curfew

that would be going against what has been the case for every other show this tour, the start time on the ticket has been the opening band.

22 hours ago, fallglimmer said:

the opening act will start at 8:30, not Guns.

Im 215 Row 6. Which is f'n awesome. Great level to witness all you crazy motherfuckers on the floor. Lets find a pre-party spot. Im hitting up Baton Rouge for a steak dinner.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, fallglimmer said:

that would be going against what has been the case for every other show this tour, the start time on the ticket has been the opening band.

LMAO. The show starts at 830. That is Billy Talent's set time. They'll play till 930. Give em 20 minutes for set change. GNR 945 or likely 10. I dont see this show finishing before 1215 or 1230. The curfew ban applies to Molson Canadian Amphitheatre not ACC or SkyDome especially on a Saturday night! Last time I seen Guns at ACC. They didnt finish till after 2AM! So your curfew comment is bogus. That said. Anything is possible. They wont end 2 concerts at the same time. Just enjoy the show. Toronto will be an EPIC show!

22 hours ago, PsychoKiss344 said:

I've been to many shows in Toronto that go past 11

I live in Toronto. Only Amphitheatre shows end at 11 due to open air noise pollution. There's many SkyDome shows that have run to the wee AM hours lol

On July 8, 2016 at 10:44 PM, FuriousStyles said:

I have three tickets available

Section A6

Row 14

Seats 8-10

They are a part of the Live and Let Die VIP package

I am willing to sell under face value for any MyGNR members

How much??? I need 2

I've seen three shows now and cant get it out of my system.  Thinking of driving from Indiana to Toronto for this one since I could do it without taking time off.  I have a passport but I haven't used before.  Would I be in over my head or should it be pretty easy?  Sorry if a dumb question and thanks for any input.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dcon said:

I've seen three shows now and cant get it out of my system.  Thinking of driving from Indiana to Toronto for this one since I could do it without taking time off.  I have a passport but I haven't used before.  Would I be in over my head or should it be pretty easy?  Sorry if a dumb question and thanks for any input.

I don't see why you would have any issues. Just don't bring any guns.

Roses only in Canada. :)

Edited by izzyzz
  • Like 4

16 hours ago, dcon said:

yeah they wont usually give you a hard time when you leave your country... its getting back in that sucks lol

• Like 1

16 hours ago, dcon said:

I'm from the US living in Montreal, never any issues getting across the boarder. Worst that will happen is they will ask you to pull off so they can ask more questions.

• Like 1

anyone living in or around T.O. have any tips on cheap hotels in the burbs? not trying to be a cheapskate but i dont really feel like paying 300$ for a room downtown if im just looking for a bed to pass out drunk in lol

found a few rundown spots downtown for about 100$/night but theyll probably charge me for parking so i figured if i can find a cleaner bed in the burbs and just use public transportation then why not... also wondering if public transportation back to the burbs runs all night? it doesnt in montreal

Section 232L Row 10 (105) I was two hours late in getting pre-sale tickets...I'm just glad I noticed the email at all that day or I likely wouldn't be going. Never been to the Skydome before and it's been 6 years since my last visit to Toronto. A bit nervous about driving down there but I'll manage. I'll be wearing the gay Nighttrain fanclub thingy that they sent this week.

12 minutes ago, annablue said:

Section 232L Row 10 (105) I was two hours late in getting pre-sale tickets...I'm just glad I noticed the email at all that day or I likely wouldn't be going. Never been to the Skydome before and it's been 6 years since my last visit to Toronto. A bit nervous about driving down there but I'll manage. I'll be wearing the gay Nighttrain fanclub thingy that they sent this week.

Ugh, is it really that bad looking? I am going to wear my night train shirt from last year. I still have not received this years. Such a piss off that they finally get their stuff together and let the day club slide. Well I guess...the fan club has never ever functioned, so not a really high hill from which to slide.

If I were coming from Ottawa, I'd consider taking Via since you are probably spending the night anyway. Union station is literally down the street from Rogers Centre.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hollywood Gunner said:

anyone living in or around T.O. have any tips on cheap hotels in the burbs? not trying to be a cheapskate but i dont really feel like paying 300$ for a room downtown if im just looking for a bed to pass out drunk in lol

found a few rundown spots downtown for about 100$/night but theyll probably charge me for parking so i figured if i can find a cleaner bed in the burbs and just use public transportation then why not... also wondering if public transportation back to the burbs runs all night? it doesnt in montreal

Problem tho is the transportation. Our subway closes at 1:30?? Something like that. I'm from north of Toronto but if I were an out of Towner I'd just crash downtown. However, if you're set on suburbs there are motels off highway 27 near airport that's on the cheap if u plan to cab it. Or there's a hostel downtown as well to consider. 

22 minutes ago, coolranchdressing! said:

Problem tho is the transportation. Our subway closes at 1:30?? Something like that. I'm from north of Toronto but if I were an out of Towner I'd just crash downtown. However, if you're set on suburbs there are motels off highway 27 near airport that's on the cheap if u plan to cab it. Or there's a hostel downtown as well to consider. 

cool thanks. kinda figured the transportation part would be an issue so ill probably end up crashing downtown... only problem i guess would be... isnt last call at 2am in toronto? lol