05/16/16 - Werchter, Belgium - Werchter Site

downzy

1 minute ago, mishan said:

If you read the AC/DC forum, they like Chris about as much as we like Frank. A trade might be brokered here...

Really? Gosh, I wonder what the AC/DC fans would think of Frank, then! I think Chris sounds great!

I'm a bigger Bon Scott fanboy than I am an Axl fanboy, but damn me to hell for saying this, because no amount of hyperbole is enough - Axl outdid the master there on Let there be Rock.

If Bon sounded like a malevolent Satanic preacher, Axl sounded like Beelzebub, the lord of the flies himself, unleashing the dogs of hell on this world through Rock N' Roll.

• Like 2

Just now, GNRFan53 said:

Frank sounds great too, don't be haters.

I don't "hate" Frank. I don't hate anyone. I just don't think he's a great fit for GN'R. I don't know quite how to express it, but I feel that his drumming lacks a certain something. Soul? It sounds rather mechanical to me. Very different than, say, Steven.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Kittiara said:

Trying to ignore the dreadful crowd, I've reached the conclusion that AC/DC have a good drummer. Can we replace Frank with him?

I like Frank - he does good for his 50 years, but I love Chris - he's doing great for 70.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Kittiara said:

I don't "hate" Frank. I don't hate anyone. I just don't think he's a great fit for GN'R. I don't know quite how to express it, but I feel that his drumming lacks a certain something. Soul? It sounds rather mechanical to me. Very different than, say, Steven.

That's fair. He is very skilled, but I agree in terms of his drumming 'lacking soul'. I was listening to the released FLAC for the 2nd Vegas show (while working), and it had my head bobbing, so can't complain.

• Like 1

Just now, MYWIFEMYLIFE said:

why is this concert in a graveyard?

It looks like they  are turning it around - the crowd is beginning to cheer now. Maybe the Belgians are just a little uptight and need to be a little inebriated to enjoy some Rock N' Roll.

2 minutes ago, GNRFan53 said:

That's fair. He is very skilled, but I agree in terms of his drumming 'lacking soul'. I was listening to the released FLAC for the 2nd Vegas show (while working), and it had my head bobbing, so can't complain.

Aye, to be fair to the guy, I still bop my head at Guns concerts as well. And I loved the second Vegas show! Would still love a drummer who's that perfect match with the other guys (and now girl), though! But eh, guess I can't complain, either. I'm happy enough as is.

• Like 1