06/09/16 - Manchester, England - Etihad Stadium

downzy

5 minutes ago, The Archer said:

Weeeeeeeee Saluuuuuuuuuute yahhhhhhh :headbang:

this is kinda off topic but I want your opinion on this....Bon or Not? some of the comments say no way others say it  just sounds different cos it's a jam, some say this is proof Bon wrote a lot of songs and contributed a lot to the Back in Black album. what do you think my fellow Bon admirer? :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lwfLNjBi4k

4 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

this is kinda off topic but I want your opinion on this....Bon or Not? some of the comments say no way others say it  just sounds different cos it's a jam, some say this is proof Bon wrote a lot of songs and contributed a lot to the Back in Black album. what do you think my fellow Bon admirer? :)

na..thats NOT bon ... not even close.... but ...sounds ok ...

i think ----- dont know... of course...

someone should get axl to ask Angus ... he should know

Edited by night prowler

26 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

I've heard this before and I don't think it is. it's not clear who is singing though - maybe a tribute band singer or someone who admired Bon perhaps. To my knowledge Bon played on the drums for a few of the songs, during the early stages, while Angus and Malcolm were trying out riffs but that was just them jamming. The band and Brian have maintained that the lyrics were all his and there's nothing so far to disprove that. It would have been lovely though if Bon had stuck around - AC/DC's lyrics would definitely have been much, much better. 

21 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

this is kinda off topic but I want your opinion on this....Bon or Not? some of the comments say no way others say it  just sounds different cos it's a jam, some say this is proof Bon wrote a lot of songs and contributed a lot to the Back in Black album. what do you think my fellow Bon admirer? 

Hope you dont mind me jumping in guys but ive just been looking around on the net the consensus is its a hoax & it's not Bon but believe it or not it's Joe Lynn Turner from Rainbow on vocals. Apparently there's another version of BIB doing the rounds again claiming to be Bon but in fact that one is supposed to be Marc Storace of Krokus 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, The Archer said:

I've heard this before and I don't think it is. it's not clear who is singing though - maybe a tribute band singer or someone who admired Bon perhaps. To my knowledge Bon played on the drums for a few of the songs, during the early stages, while Angus and Malcolm were trying out riffs but that was just them jamming. The band and Brian have maintained that the lyrics were all his and there's nothing so far to disprove that. It would have been lovely though if Bon had stuck around - AC/DC's lyrics would definitely have been much, much better. 

thats where Axl can jump in if there is a possible co-op of Axl and ACDC recording/writing wise he could improve ACDC lyrics and maybe bring something new to the table if Angus is open to it

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GNRmello77 said:

thats where Axl can jump in if there is a possible co-op of Axl and ACDC recording/writing wise he could improve ACDC lyrics and maybe bring something new to the table if Angus is open to it

I agree.

4 minutes ago, seely said:

Now on the coach on my way back.

What a show...Axl absolutely nailed it. Saddens me to have to wait a year before GNR hit these shores :(

The good news is you can follow the whole tour round the world live via periscope ☺

2 minutes ago, Obsession Of Vanity said:

With this whole "Fat Axl" Google business going on, a picture of him having split open the zipper on his pants is going to throw gasoline on the internet's fire.  

Hurry remove the picture so it don't get out there!

3 minutes ago, The Archer said:

yeah I have been on a major Bon kick as of late. watching videos, finding some I had forgotten about ( like Kicked In The Teeth Again and Walk All Over You ) some I just hadn't heard in awhile (Night Prowler, Live Wire, Rock and Roll Damnation ) and some I am watching just because I get to see Bon ON STAGE like this performance of his High Voltage  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nnjh-zp6pP4 and yes it would have been very lovely if he'd stuck around but now all I can think is how lucky were we that we ever had him at all. and for me to live to see him on these videos, see new people discover the greatness that was Bon, for us Axl fans, or if I may be so bold and use your word, Axlites, get to see some damn good performances which I am sure was brought about by Axl's love of AC/DC and IMO his admiration of Bon Scott. it's high times for Axl fans and Bon Scott fans as well, that is my belief. :) 

• Like 1

"Down Payment Blues"

I know that it's evil
I know that it's gotta be
I know I ain't doing much
Doing nothing means a lot to me
Living on a shoestring
A fifty cent millionaire
Open to charity
Rock 'n' roll welfare
Sitting in my Cadillac
Listening to my radio
Suzy baby get on in
Tell me where she wanna go
I'm living in a nightmare
She's looking like a wet dream
I got myself a Cadillac
But I can't afford the gasoline
I got holes in my shoes
And I'm way overdue
Down payment blues

Get myself a steady job
Some responsibility
Can't even feed my cat
On social security
Hiding from the rent man
Oh it make me wanna cry
Sheriff knocking on my door
Ain't it funny how the time flies
Sitting on my sailing boat
Sipping on my champagne
Suzy baby all at sea
Say she wanna come again
Feeling like a paper cup
Floating down a storm drain
Got myself a sailing boat
But I can't afford a drop of rain
I got holes in my shoes
And I'm way overdue
Down payment blues

Down payment blues
Down payment blues
Down payment blues

I got holes in my shoes
And I'm way overdue
I go the
Down payment blues

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

yeah I have been on a major Bon kick as of late. watching videos, finding some I had forgotten about ( like Kicked In The Teeth Again and Walk All Over You ) some I just hadn't heard in awhile (Night Prowler, Live Wire, Rock and Roll Damnation ) and some I am watching just because I get to see Bon ON STAGE like this performance of his High Voltage  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nnjh-zp6pP4 and yes it would have been very lovely if he'd stuck around but now all I can think is how lucky were we that we ever had him at all. and for me to live to see him on these videos, see new people discover the greatness that was Bon, for us Axl fans, or if I may be so bold and use your word, Axlites, get to see some damn good performances which I am sure was brought about by Axl's love of AC/DC and IMO his admiration of Bon Scott. it's high times for Axl fans and Bon Scott fans as well, that is my belief. :) 

Absolutely. It's great to see Axl bring out some of the old Bon stuff. He clearly admires the diversity of the song choices in the Bon era, from what we head in the interview the other day. It would please a lot of us to hear more of Bon in the AC/DC setlist. If he gets a chance to write with Angus, you can be sure that there will be fewer inane, repetitive lyrics.

The term 'Axlite' (and so too, the word 'Slashite') used to be thrown around on this board as a pejorative :lol:. At least it was from before I joined, in the years that I was still lurking. For all his flaws, real and imagined, Axl has always been my favorite band member, and my favorite frontman after Bon, so when I joined, it seemed the right thing to use for my signature.

Edited by The Archer
  • Like 2