The Real Story Behind The Guns N' Roses Reunion (Daily Mail, UK Newspaper)

3 minutes ago, Vissud said:

I really think the author just took quotes from Canter Banter.  There's nothing new mentioned that hasn't already been said.

That coud have happen

Daily Mail is as shit and shady as any other major news site

Those fuckers would sold their own mothers for a story

Edited by Strange Broue

Interesting read.

But I find the whole "Perla" excuse to be - well, an excuse. And one that doesn't make any sense.

Afterall, Perla never tried to stop Slash from reuniting with Axl - in fact, it was the opposite. She wanted them to mend fences. She was the one who pushed Slash to go to Axl's home that chilly October morning in 2005 to try to resolve their differences. Unfortunately, it was Beta who met Slash at the door - and so he never got to talk to Axl.  In light of what's happened in the last couple of years, it makes one wonder if the two might have reunited years earlier if Slash had been able to talk to Axl that day.

Anyway, my point is - I don't understand why people think they reunited because Perla was out of the picture. …  The only other situation that might make sense - is if Slash was planning to divorce Perla and didn't want her getting any of the cash from a reunion tour. Then, there might be some logic in Slash waiting until the divorce was finalized before doing a reunion tour. But I find it hard to believe that Axl refused to talk to Slash all these years simply because he was married to Perla. Just doesn't make sense. 

4 hours ago, Vissud said:

I really think the author just took quotes from Canter Banter.  There's nothing new mentioned that hasn't already been said.

This. I swear there were quotes throughout that article that I remembered reading verbatim in Canter Banter and other sections here.

4 hours ago, Strange Broue said:

Daily Mail is as shit and shady as any other major news site

Those fuckers would sold their own mothers for a story

I actually would say it´s worse than most other major news sites, it´s a tabloid with a very poor reputation even for the UK. No wonder they call it the Daily Hatemail.

1 hour ago, stella said:

This. I swear there were quotes throughout that article that I remembered reading verbatim in Canter Banter and other sections here.

There is pictures in the article like they met Marc personally. Cause some of those pictures are Marc's they have to have permission to use them?

Edited by hypird

37 minutes ago, hypird said:

There is pictures in the article like they met Marc personally. Cause some of those pictures are Marc's they have to have permission to use them?

I don't think so. They'd probably be able to claim that their usage of Marc's photos is Fair Use in this case. The rules aren't exactly the same in the USA and UK but generally if a photo is used for editorial purposes (news reporting, commentary, etc.) they can claim Fair Use and use it without permission. IIRC they released some photos from the book for press use originally, too.

The photo of Marc in the restaurant is credited to 20story...looked them up and they don't appear to be associated with the newspaper.

Edited by stella

11 hours ago, Patience 4 Axl said:

This is probably true.  Even their books weren't all that accurate, especially Slash's, but I think drugs had more to do with that than anything else.  We'll get more of  this story someday I'm sure, probably even a few versions of it.  

I think Axl's book will be more accurate.... if He publish it...

I remember in 2001 interview Izzy told the interviewer tht when He called Axl, Axl asking Izzy the reason He's leaving the Band, Izzy told His reason N' Axl tell something about Their past N' when He's on the phone, He heard like sound of Axl turning pages. It seems like its Axl's notepad, N' maybe He write some past event N' conversation on tht note

5 minutes ago, SerenityScorp said:

How many news site tht write Guns N' Roses news based on this forum........ really...... 

Desperate I guess

Yeah, I think we've had instances here where it was obvious that the news media was just lifting information they found here, but this one is pretty sad. And underhanded...I really can't imagine that Marc would have gone to that sort of tabloid, but they made it seem as though he just sat right down with them and spilled all the beans.

Edited by stella

15 minutes ago, SerenityScorp said:

I think Axl's book will be more accurate.... if He publish it...

I'd love to read Axl's take on everything, especially now that he's reconciled with Slash and Duff and might be able to approach it from that perspective.

IMHO it would also be great if they did something like "The Dirt." Motley Crue isn't my favorite band, but what I loved about that book was that it gave all the band members the chance to tell the same story from their own perspectives. Reading those different perspectives -- which often didn't match up, or had differing opinions --really gave a fuller picture of the band. If Axl, Slash and Duff did something like that, where they each independently wrote chapters for the same book. I think it would be intriguing to read the results.

32 minutes ago, stella said:

I'd love to read Axl's take on everything, especially now that he's reconciled with Slash and Duff and might be able to approach it from that perspective.

IMHO it would also be great if they did something like "The Dirt." Motley Crue isn't my favorite band, but what I loved about that book was that it gave all the band members the chance to tell the same story from their own perspectives. Reading those different perspectives -- which often didn't match up, or had differing opinions --really gave a fuller picture of the band. If Axl, Slash and Duff did something like that, where they each independently wrote chapters for the same book. I think it would be intriguing to read the results.

We should tell tht to Duff after this reunion

1 hour ago, m_rated96 said:

Poor Marc! He definitely wouldn't give this interview and it could damage his relationship with the band :(

Agreed. Very damaging.

Daily Mail is a xenophobic piece of crap. Awful newspaper. A journalist from this trashy paper forced one of the Wachowski boys to come out as a transgender sooner than he/she intended.

12 hours ago, madison said:

Interesting read.

But I find the whole "Perla" excuse to be - well, an excuse. And one that doesn't make any sense.

Afterall, Perla never tried to stop Slash from reuniting with Axl - in fact, it was the opposite. She wanted them to mend fences. She was the one who pushed Slash to go to Axl's home that chilly October morning in 2005 to try to resolve their differences. Unfortunately, it was Beta who met Slash at the door - and so he never got to talk to Axl.  In light of what's happened in the last couple of years, it makes one wonder if the two might have reunited years earlier if Slash had been able to talk to Axl that day.

Anyway, my point is - I don't understand why people think they reunited because Perla was out of the picture. …  The only other situation that might make sense - is if Slash was planning to divorce Perla and didn't want her getting any of the cash from a reunion tour. Then, there might be some logic in Slash waiting until the divorce was finalized before doing a reunion tour. But I find it hard to believe that Axl refused to talk to Slash all these years simply because he was married to Perla. Just doesn't make sense. 

It might do if Perla was a madam or Heidi Fleiss type character. Thats something Ive picked up not sure that is the case. Axl might take issue with that in some way? 

It's been hypothesized here before that Slash and Axl waited to announce anything or give any hints of reunion until the divorce was finalized so the money from the reunion would not be counted as community property(which would have meant that Perla would have taken 50% of it) -- the timeline actually matches that, because Slash mentioned he was talking to Axl right around the time his house went on sale (which would indicate the court stuff was done).

Other than that I just can't imagine that Perla factors into any of this. She seems to have hooked up with Slash in the late 1990s, he and Axl weren't even talking at that point.