Rumored Concert Date Thread

What I think is that they'll start in Madrid and go up to the rest of Europe (more or less like in 2006), if they play on a Stadium, the most likely is Vicente Calderon (55000 people aprox. ,same venue as 1993, AC/DC played there last time), if they play on an arena I'm pretty sure it would be Barclaycard Center (18.500 people aprox. bands like Scorpions or Kiss played there during their last tours, also, a roumored euro concert list some months ago said that would be the venue)

A lot of things are pretty clear by now:

There will be a european tour in  may/june/July?!

It will be stadiums only

They will announce it before christmas (of course)

I still hope that they somehow manage to arrange a concert in a pretty short time frame to one of the aerosmith shows in the same city so that it would be possible to watch both shows (or get some guest apperences) 

14 hours ago, Blake Sabbath said:

That whole Patience thing in Spain doesn't even look like it's remotely related to GN'R

Totally agree.....remember they did something similar in the states and it was rather clearly GnR logo'd.   

In looking at the thing in Spain there is nothing linking that to GnR other than a line from the song, which is also a very commonly used phrase.  So, I don't know, could be GnR related, but I don't think it actually is.

12 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

Totally agree.....remember they did something similar in the states and it was rather clearly GnR logo'd.   

In looking at the thing in Spain there is nothing linking that to GnR other than a line from the song, which is also a very commonly used phrase.  So, I don't know, could be GnR related, but I don't think it actually is.

The word patience is highlighted, if it isn't gnr it can only be a spot that uses the song in background and focuses on that line...but I think it's the 1st option

5 minutes ago, fanfzero said:

The word patience is highlighted, if it isn't gnr it can only be a spot that uses the song in background and focuses on that line...but I think it's the 1st option

Yah I see that.  However, it's just odd that there's no correlation to GnR other than that.  So, a casual person or fan may not make any connection to the band at all....which would be the whole point.   

22 hours ago, cachucha said:

Tomorrow, Download Madrid will make a big announce of his line up. Tthe first headliner was System of a Down.

No GN'R for Download Madrid. The headliners are System of a Down, Linkin Park and I guess Prophets of the Rage or something. 

I don't see GN'R doing any festival rather than maybe Download UK, but there will be solo stadium shows in UK, I am expecting London and Manchester. 

Just now, Slash787 said:

No GN'R for Download Madrid. The headliners are System of a Down, Linkin Park and I guess Prophets of the Rage or something. 

I don't see GN'R doing any festival rather than maybe Download UK, but there will be solo stadium shows in UK, I am expecting London and Manchester. 

Well, if Axl has forgotten the incidents from Download UK 2006...:lol:

They can perfectly do a Festival tour, Slash seems to like that, the only festiva I doubt they'll ever do again is Rock in Rio and maybe Reading

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, fanfzero said:

What I think is that they'll start in Madrid and go up to the rest of Europe (more or less like in 2006), if they play on a Stadium, the most likely is Vicente Calderon (55000 people aprox. ,same venue as 1993, AC/DC played there last time), if they play on an arena I'm pretty sure it would be Barclaycard Center (18.500 people aprox. bands like Scorpions or Kiss played there during their last tours, also, a roumored euro concert list some months ago said that would be the venue)

Maybe new Atletico de Madrid stadium that should be finished in summer 2017?

" After the 2016/17 season, The Vicente Calderón Stadium will be demolished, and a park will be built in its place, which is to be named the 'Park Atlético Madrid'. Atlético will then move to La Peineta the following season. "

1 minute ago, fanfzero said:

Well, if Axl has forgotten the incidents from Download UK 2006...:lol:

They can perfectly do a Festival tour, Slash seems to like that, the only festiva I doubt they'll ever do again is Rock in Rio and maybe Reading

Yeah they can do, but I don't see it happening next year.

Wasn't it the Reading Festival Axl came on late and crossed the curfrew and the organizers pulled the plug? then Axl refused to leave the stage and DJ Ashba started to act like a weirdo as if he won a war or something

5 minutes ago, -Jaro- said:

Maybe new Atletico de Madrid stadium that should be finished in summer 2017?

" After the 2016/17 season, The Vicente Calderón Stadium will be demolished, and a park will be built in its place, which is to be named the 'Park Atlético Madrid'. Atlético will then move to La Peineta the following season. "

La Peineta is bigger than Vicente Calderón, so that means they'll have to sell more tickets. But it is a good option.

3 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

Wasn't it the Reading Festival Axl came on late and crossed the curfrew and the organizers pulled the plug? then Axl refused to leave the stage and DJ Ashba started to act like a weirdo as if he won a war or something

Yeah, it was hilarious. Apparently organizers told Axl that if he was more than 1 hour late he wouldn'd be payed...so he arrived 55 minutes late or something like that. After Nightrain, Ashba started playing Better, but it was inmmediately cut because the organizers pulled the plug. So Axl and Ashba sat down in the stage refusing to leave. They also went down to the pit and started shaking hands and thinks like that while Frank kept playing the drums. After some time, Axl took a megaphone, gave a speech, plug Bumblefoot's guitar there and started playing Paradise City :P.

Edited by fanfzero

The principal Rock radio station in Spain which is call Rock FM  has said that in the next days the tour of GNR will be announce with an stop or stops in Spain. The venue in Madrid will be Vicente Calderón, the demolition of this stadium is expect to start in October of 2017 and the opening of La Peineta will be for the first match of Atletico Madrid next season, end of august 2017.

And download Madrid has confirmed today Linkin Park and Prophets of rage as headliners adding to System of a Down. And another bands. This festival will take place 22, 23 and 24 of June.

Edited by cachucha
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Blake Sabbath said:

Stop mentioning Download like there's even a slightly remote chance they'll even play it. That ship sailed weeks ago with the 1st announcement, it's simply not happening. 

Glastonbury and/or Reading-Leads are the only possibilities left for summer next year 

Cant see them doing Glasto just cause the £££££££ they will want & they dont like paying BUT we never know & i agree with you DL is gone now

1 minute ago, Gavin82 said:

Its been said but this EU leg is going to be massive & is taking some planning BUT im guessing its all booked they know whats what & whens what etc..!!!

It is all booked, they know it and they will announce it during the first week of December. 

A source on Nightrain has mentioned Dublin will be the first date on the euro tour next summer, didnt give a venue or a date though 

possible venues

Aviva Stadium- Aprox 45,000- 50,000 Capacity 

concerts-aviva-stadium-dublin-ireland-ae

Croke Park- Approx 70,000-80,000 Capacity

Croke-park-pic.jpg

Marley Park- Approx 30,000 Capacity

dund_nw4.jpg

Phoenix Park- Approx 60,000

geography-blog2.jpg

3Arena- Approx 14,000

the-o2-arena-dublin-seating-plan-02-Best

RDS Arena is closed for rebuilding next summer 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Healy52003 said:

A source on Nightrain has mentioned Dublin will be the first date on the euro tour next summer, didnt give a venue or a date though 

possible venues

Aviva Stadium- Aprox 45,000- 50,000 Capacity 

concerts-aviva-stadium-dublin-ireland-ae

Croke Park- Approx 70,000-80,000 Capacity

Croke-park-pic.jpg

Marley Park- Approx 30,000 Capacity

dund_nw4.jpg

Phoenix Park- Approx 60,000

geography-blog2.jpg

3Arena- Approx 14,000

the-o2-arena-dublin-seating-plan-02-Best

RDS Arena is closed for rebuilding next summer 

In order of preference. Aviva is my first choice. Croke park second. Dont want a park or field venue. Dont think the Three Arena is even on the cards.