08/18/16 - Los Angeles, CA - Dodger Stadium ~SOLD OUT~

RussTCB

55 minutes ago, tberrie007 said:

Yah, it is really really boring to wait 23 years to see your favorite rock icons come back and play a couple of dozen shows. It even sucks more that they come back and they have the nerve to even sound better than they did in 92-93, god damn assholes.  And I really hate how  much fun they are clearly having.  I hate checking in to see the videos from each show and being shocked at how good axl sounds after we all feared his career was over in 2012-2013.  I hate seeing how much more talented slash is at his trade. And on top of it all, they actually have the nerve to playa handful of songs from Chinese, I mean really?? Who do they think they are anyways??  And lastly, it is so boring to see them do what everyone has spent decades complaining about and show up to play to a crowd on time.  I should really just give up being a gnr fan this just sucks man. don't you agree?

They doesn't sound better than 86-93. They sound predictable...and that's not good for a band that was called the most dangerous band in the world. I rate this reunion 6 of 10 stars. Ban me.

10 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

They are kicking ass but that is a bit of a stretch lol

I agree, they sound amazing, but lets not completely lose it. Yesterdays for example was awesome to hear live again. But I know I was slightly disappointed with Axls vocals on that.

That was a perfect example of the question, "why can he nail the ACDC stuff with his vintage Axl Rose sound, but not his own song?" Yesterdays is perfect for the way he sang for ACDC. Where as this sounded like going thru the motions. 

Im really not bitching or complaining, but I just dont get it. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, maxpax said:

They doesn't sound better than 86-93. They sound predictable...and that's not good for a band that was called the most dangerous band in the world. I rate this reunion 6 of 10 stars. Ban me.

This kinda logic is insane!

IF you expect a bunch of 50 somethings to act and play like they did when they were in their 20's, full of booze and other chemicals, then fuck, nothing will please and its just better than you go away so as you dont continue to be disappointed. They rotate songs, they have occassionally switched the order around a little bit.

They are no longer the Worlds Most Dangerous band, they have all grown up

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

Steven is not a junkie anymore and the person who you are calling retarded, even after doing so much shit, he looks better than all of them and plays so much better than Frank. 

Steven played only 2 songs and they sounded perfect. Im sure @Tom-Ass and many others will agree with me. 

Just to be clear, just because Steven isnt using doesnt mean he's no longer an addict. Just like Duff not drinking , it doesnt mean he's still not an alcoholic . He's  in recovery.  Same goes for Slash. They will always be addicts. For the rest of there lives. They are all in recovery. And i pray they stay there. Addiction is bitch of a disease.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ll_tj1 said:

I agree, they sound amazing, but lets not completely lose it. Yesterdays for example was awesome to hear live again. But I know I was slightly disappointed with Axls vocals on that.

That was a perfect example of the question, "why can he nail the ACDC stuff with his vintage Axl Rose sound, but not his own song?" Yesterdays is perfect for the way he sang for ACDC. Where as this sounded like going thru the motions. 

Im really not bitching or complaining, but I just dont get it. 

In Axls defense Yesterday's is not like the AC/DC stuff he was singing...at all.  It is infinitely more difficult with a higher pitch and broader range throughout the song.  I do not understand how people do not get that the AC/DC material on whole is way more simple to sing with rasp than the Guns material.  Listen to the recorded version of Yestrrdays and then Thunderstuck directly back to back...maybe that would help. 

• Like 2

Just now, ll_tj1 said:

Just to be clear, just because Steven isnt using doesnt mean he's no longer an addict. Just like Duff not drinking , it doesnt mean he's still not an alcoholic . He's  in recovery.  Same goes for Slash. They will always be addicts. For the rest of there lives. They are all in recovery. And i pray they stay there. Addiction is bitch of a disease.

Bollocks. That is just pseudo psychotherapist/rehabilitation twaddle.

1 minute ago, tsinindy said:

In Axls defense Yesterday's is not like the AC/DC stuff he was singing...at all.  It is infinitely more difficult with a higher pitch and broader range throughout the song.  I do not understand how people do not get that the AC/DC material on whole is way more simple to sing with rasp than the Guns material.  Listen to the recorded version of Yestrrdays and then Thunderstuck directly back to back...maybe that would help. 

I suggest you just go listen to Yesterdays from UYI and compare it to the Live LA Version. Its not that im directly comparing it to fucking Thunderstruck. Im saying its an aggressive hard throat song that hes totally capable of nailing. Thats what I mean. Sorry for the confusion.

1 minute ago, ll_tj1 said:

I suggest you just go listen to Yesterdays from UYI and compare it to the Live LA Version. Its not that im directly comparing it to fucking Thunderstruck. Im saying its an aggressive hard throat song that hes totally capable of nailing. Thats what I mean. Sorry for the confusion.

Ok, I did that earlier.  I said in "Axls defense".  I did not say it was a good vocal performance of the song.  My point is/was using what Axl did with AC/DC isn't fair bc those songs are easier to sing in general and that's exactly what YOU did.

13 minutes ago, ll_tj1 said:

Yesterdays for example was awesome to hear live again. But I know I was slightly disappointed with Axls vocals on that.

Im really not bitching or complaining

Same here. I was excited they threw it in the set but I didn't think it was very good. Mostly due to the vocals.. I didn't say anything because I didn't want to hear the predictable "They finally play something different and you guys still bitch" from some ass clown. 

Like you said, it isn't bitching or complaining.. Just is what it is.. I am still glad they played it and I am sure it was better in person after having a few wobbly pops.. They played it back in April and if I recall Axl sounded pretty good on that one from the videos I saw. His voice is what it is these days.. Sometimes he sounds killer, other times not so much. He seems to be giving it 100% which is all you can really ask of him.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I'm not even going to argue with someone this Clueless. Once you're an addict you're always an addict. You can't pick that shit up again or you'll just pick up where you left off at. Believe what you want to believe. 

16 minutes ago, ll_tj1 said:

So basically you are trying to say that Axl is a recovering asshole? 

What about Izzy? 

39 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

I don't know where he is, he has not even posted on here since like 2 weeks now, he din't go to the troub. show also. Maybe after he said crap about Axl, he was not allowed?

Wait, Charlie Sheen is on this forum?

4 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

Ok, I did that earlier.  I said in "Axls defense".  I did not say it was a good vocal performance of the song.  My point is/was using what Axl did with AC/DC isn't fair bc those songs are easier to sing in general and that's exactly what YOU did.

I honestly understand what you're saying and I'm not trying to argue with you. But I also can't agree with you since you used a particular song in your reference, I dont agree that Yesterday's is more difficult to sing than Thunderstruck. Even Axl stated he has to be careful when he's singing that song, Back In Black, or other Brian Johnson songs or he may never sing again.

Not arguing with you. I do get what you're saying. Your just not getting what im saying. And thats fine.

5 minutes ago, ll_tj1 said:

I'm not even going to argue with someone this Clueless. Once you're an addict you're always an addict. You can't pick that shit up again or you'll just pick up where you left off at. Believe what you want to believe. 

What about former alcoholics who began drinking again (moderately)? Many ex-alcoholics can do this. Are they still then alcoholics, seeing as they can have one-two glasses of wine at the weekend with a meal?

What about somebody who was say, a drug addict in their twenties, quit, and is now forty years old sober? Should they still be labelled addict?

Absolute twaddle - as I said - but these gurus and quacks need to justify their jobs and inflated fees so it suits them to espouse such twaddle. It is the sort of nonsense that emanates from America if I'm honest, LA specifically.

Edited by DieselDaisy

15 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

In hindsight what he was doing with AC/DC is similar to what he is doing now.. He sounded great on a lot of the AC/DC stuff.  Mind blowing at times, especially the Brian Johnson songs.. I didn't think he sounded that good on the Bon Scott stuff though.

I gotta say - I was in pit last night, and only a couple times thought "meh, that's a little off". The rest of the time it sounded on point...not sure if the sound changes farther back, and maybe it's clear to hear imperfections more? But from where I was standing, it was in-fucking-credible. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, passenger57 said:

We were at the show and it blew us away!

There was a beautiful full moon right over the stadium. Was truly magical to see with Axl up front playing November Rain

Slash totally stole the show. He is a living rock god and is better than ever. His hands looked like a giant tarantula dancing over the fret board.

Personal fav moments, This I Love, Coma and the outro of November Rain.

Crowd was an even mix of 30/40 somethings and young people, parents taking their kids. While there were some enthusiastic people alot were mannequin like, but I think this was more of watching in awe than anything else.

Funny Moment...at the end after Night Train when they did the encore and had the 'Guns N Roses' flashing, the middle aged white guy behind us yelled the chant 'Guns N Roses' at the top of his lungs to get the crowd going. Few people joined in so he stopped and said 'I'm getting to old for this shit!' and everyone laughed.

full moon last night and it must have been so cool to see it watching GN'R :)

22 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Yeah, all those decades of psychiatric and medical research are just so wrong. The fact that you don't accept it doesn't mean it's false. I can't even with this.

Edited by stella

1 minute ago, AlexC said:

Ha, cool. Did not know that.

Just don't spread the word outside, only some of us here who are here since quite a while know this, yeah he does posts weird stuff (no surprises), but we don't want his 1 million fans coming on here just to talk to him. 

Just now, Slash787 said:

Just don't spread the word outside, only some of us here who are here since quite a while know this, yeah he does posts weird stuff (no surprises), but we don't want his 1 million fans coming on here just to talk to him. 

Yeah understandably so. No worries.

• Like 1