08/18/16 - Los Angeles, CA - Dodger Stadium ~SOLD OUT~

RussTCB

Just now, tsinindy said:

You did not read what I said.  I literally said nothing about their review or their to write whatever they want.  I talked about them complaining they didn't get a free pass.  Try listening next time....thanks :)

5 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

They are entitled to write bad reviews if they perceive a show to be bad, just as a spectator is entitled to dislike a concert they have attended. They are also entitled to voice displeasure at being ''denied a press ticket'' - freedom of the press.

Sensible people who disagree with their opinion do not get irate and resort to childish censorship. You are doing the former, Guns N' Roses are doing the latter.

I thought we'd have left this toddler behaviour behind with ''Get In The Ring''.

8 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

They are entitled to write bad reviews if they perceive a show to be bad, just as a spectator is entitled to dislike a concert they have attended. They are also entitled to voice displeasure at being ''denied a press ticket'' - freedom of the press.

Sensible people who disagree with their opinion do not get irate and resort to childish censorship. You are doing the former, Guns N' Roses are doing the latter.

I thought we'd have left this toddler behaviour behind with ''Get In The Ring''.

One sentence bruh, the rest is completely irrelevant to what I said and you quoted me.

Heres the thing, you asked a question, I answered it.  You can disagree all you want, and you're are totally right this journalist absolutely has a right to complain, but again you asked a question, I answered, you went off on a tangent about something I wasn't even taking about. 

Move on.

2 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

One sentence bruh, the rest is completely irrelevant to what I said and you quoted me.

Heres the thing, you asked a question, I answered it.  You can disagree all you want, and you're are totally right this journalist absolutely has a right to complain, but again you asked a question, I answered, you went off on a tangent about something I wasn't even taking about. 

Move on.

If you cannot handle broader conversation, thoroughly pertinent to the topic at hand but not meeting your rigorous demands for formal 'question-reply' specificity, then that is your problem, not mine.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

If you cannot handle broader conversation, thoroughly pertinent to the topic at hand but not meeting your rigorous demands for formal 'question-reply' specificity, then that is your problem, not mine.

yah ok lol, PM me if you want, otherwise I don't care to discuss anything further with you given your propensity to disregard commonly accepted rules of intelligent human interaction.  Have a great day!

23 minutes ago, di_rose_portugal said:

;)

Nice find, thanks!

Gotta admit, sounds a bit too Mickey-ish to me. The 2014 Vegas version remain superior vocally. Still, I hope the song stays in the set, so that Axl gets better at performing it and times his 'rasps' better.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, RONIN said:

They don't play Don't Cry enough :(

Seriously.. Was looking forward to seeing that this tour and they didn't play it at either show I went to. I can name about 3 or 4 songs that would have gladly been welcome over ;) Maybe next time \m/

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Walleris said:

Nice find, thanks!

Gotta admit, sounds a bit too Mickey-ish to me. The 2014 Vegas version remain superior vocally. Still, I hope the song stays in the set, so that Axl gets better at performing it and times his 'rasps' better.

Yeah even I can hear the Mickey in it. 

5 hours ago, IncitingChaos said:

The LA times guy said they bought a ticket and will have a review tomorrow. I expect it to be professional and fair but on the off chance the writer makes it personal then hopefully we get a get in the ring rant tomorrow night 

I was gonna say- why would being denied a press pass be that big a deal?  Press pass is basically a VIP ticket for free.  I think the LA Times or any media could afford a couple hundred bucks on a ticket. 

I tried looking for the review but couldn't find it...not that reviews matter, just one guy or gals opinion- nothing more and nothing less.

• Like 1

Honestly its hard to blame GNR for not giving passes to negative press outlets.  The problem is that the negative reviews out there about this tour don't even talk about the music, all they do is make snide remarks about all the old issues and then carry that negativity into a couple sentences about the music that they probably watched on youtube.  GNR doesn't want all the old shit rehashed over and over again when their reunion tour is being so well received by fans and more objective media outlets.

Edited by liqddynamite
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, liqddynamite said:

Honestly its hard to blame GNR for not giving passes to negative press outlets.  The problem is that the negative reviews out there about this tour don't even talk about the music, all they do is make snide remarks about all the old issues and then carry that negativity into a couple sentences about the music that they probably watched on youtube.  GNR doesn't want all the old shit rehashed over and over again when their reunion tour is being so well received by fans and more objective media outlets.

It's understandable that GNR could be upset about these things, but:

1. Banning someone never makes the situation better

2. It's simply wrong to prejudice the whole media outlet, when a negative review or a comment could simply indicate the views of that one writer only

• Like 2

Overall the show was kickass tonight. Axl sounded great most of the time and Slash was a damn beast. Same for the band in general. It's always exciting when you can feel the energy of a huge venue absolutely vibing to a band and many times it was electric. I'm not usually a fan of Paradise City live recently but it was electric live tonight. The only time I really noticed Axl sounding odd/not good  tonight was during most of Coma. Very mickey. I went with 3 casual fans and they all thought it was great.

Pro tip for people going to tomorrow's show and ubering. When the show is over walk down to Sunset and take a right and go to the bars a few blocks down. It'll take 15 minutes but you can chill and have some cocktails while you wait for traffic to die down. You'll be on your 3rd drink before you would have even got out of the parking lot traffic jam.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Walleris said:

2. It's simply wrong to prejudice the whole media outlet, when a negative review or a comment could simply indicate the views of that one writer only

Fair points for sure

1 hour ago, giuls said:

@Italian girl and others that were at the concert, since a video of Yesterdays isn't surfacing, how it was live?

From the videos the rest sounds very good!

I love that song so when I heard the first notes I went totally crazy!! *.* I danced and sang all the time!!

Hope they play it again tonight!!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Walleris said:

They weren't 'banned'.  They just didn't get a free ticket and all that goes with the media VIP section etc...

• Like 3

Went with a group of 8 people last night.With the exception of myself who seen them a handful of times in their afd and uyi years plus in Vegas recently this was everyone else's first time .They were all blown away .It was a great night,I personally thought they sounded much better last night then Vegas and for those on the fence about going tonight or to San Diego ,go.You will not be disappointed.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, gt72 said:

Went with a group of 8 people last night.With the exception of myself who seen them a handful of times in their afd and uyi years plus in Vegas recently this was everyone else's first time .They were all blown away .It was a great night,I personally thought they sounded much better last night then Vegas and for those on the fence about going tonight or to San Diego ,go.You will not be disappointed.

always good to read new people impressed with GN'R :)