Does Axl care more about ACDC than he does GNR?

9 hours ago, TheSeeker said:

Isn't it also possible he felt cornered by the enormity of the GNR reunion and wanted to hedge his bets elsewhere?

If the reunion fell apart, Duff and Slash could easily find something else to do. Axl...not so much. He had no leverage up until the AC/DC gig. Now he can say to Slash and Duff "well if you're not going to do things my way, I'll go play with AC/DC for the rest of my life and you'll never make big money again".

It's smart on his part.

This. ^

13 minutes ago, DexAxl said:

He said in radio interview he will stay in fucking AC/DC if they want him.

Yeah.

Remember when Scott Weiland said these things before passing away?

When asked by Alternative Nation about his 2006 feud with Axl Rose, Scott Weiland shared his own speculation. “I remember a little bit about it,” Weiland said. “There was a little going back and forth between the two of us at the time, but I think that Guns N’ Roses are getting back together.”

When pressed on what he knows about the potential reunion, Weiland answered, “I just heard that,” before adding, “I think Slash is actually a bigger star right now than Axl.” Weiland’s current bassist Tommy Black added that they’ve heard rumors of a GN’R reconciliation.

Well, not anymore Scott.

Reading that kind of shit may motivate Axl to go undo those words, haha... He's shut up every one of his detractors.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TheSeeker said:

Isn't it also possible he felt cornered by the enormity of the GNR reunion and wanted to hedge his bets elsewhere?

If the reunion fell apart, Duff and Slash could easily find something else to do. Axl...not so much. He had no leverage up until the AC/DC gig. Now he can say to Slash and Duff "well if you're not going to do things my way, I'll go play with AC/DC for the rest of my life and you'll never make big money again".

It's smart on his part.

"Big money"?   Angus could get a lot of other singers to continue AC/DC for cheaper than Axl.  And they'd do just fine.  

I don't see why it has to be for nefarious reasons. Couldn't he just have seized an oppurtunity to play with a band he loves? I mean again other members have side projects/bands that they will be devoting time to as well. Axl can do both if he wishes to just as they can.

I don't think he thought in his mind he can hold it over anyones head. That's not to say he will or won't at some point, I'm no mind reader.

Why lazy? Why couldn't it be that during his hiatus after the Vegas residency that he didn't work on his voice in whatever capacity that may have been. Perhaps a better voice coach, better excersises for it, surgery etc.

I know we are all just guessing here. I also know many are worried Axl is doing so well with ACDC but why not just be happy and look forward to a great GnR tour. Axl is GnR and Axl could do both just as other members do more then 1 band. Have faith everyone.

Edited by BOSSY78
smart phones suck
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, DexAxl said:

Really?! That's awesome. 

I read some quote in BBC that he was going to hire Phil Rudd to take out other interested singers. That's commitment. 

Maybe this Guns thing will be short lived and in a year or two DC might be going out again. 

The Gun for hire in rock is so common now I never know who is in what band. I lnow band names. I think Whitesnake are about to tour again. Not sure if og line up bur Coverdale is singing so that's it. 

5 hours ago, DexAxl said:

He actually did? And there are people on this forum who find it awesome? I can't believe this, this is some kind of a joke, really. Is this a GN'R forum at all or am I mistaken and I'm on an Axl Rose appreciation whatever he does message board?

It's obvious that if Axl stays with AC/DC GN'R is over and that's it. Whoever thinks otherwise is strictly delusional. And don't give me that crap about Slash and Duff having other projects too. These are side projects for everybody involved, these are small groups, they can adjust to the GN'R schedule. And it it is obvious you can't actually be in two bands the size of AC/DC and GNR, if they are to be active at all. This is ridiculous, it ain't gonna happen.

If Axl joins AC/DC, it's the end of GN'R. What we're getting instead is Axl recording and singing Angus songs for another 10 years when he finally gets sick of it and will want GN'R back but it will be much too late. The chance was there now to bring this band back to the glory it once had. He just blew it. Now if he joins AC/DC we'll get this one farewell tour and that's it. Maybe some occasional shows in the future. If that is what you "so called GNR fans" are happy about, good for you. But maybe change the name of the forum, cause it is misleading at this point.

• Like 1

I think it would be easier for everyone if Axl came out and said 'I sing with a clean voice on some GNR songs because I prefer that style' or 'it helps me to preserve my voice for other songs', I wonder why he doesn't. It causes all this speculation. I wonder if Duff and Slash are listening to AC/DC thinking hey, he rasps like 90s Axl all the way through ACDC gigs but sings clean on lots of GNR songs like YCBM, what is going on? OR, do you think Axl has told Slash and Duff why he chooses to sing clean now? - Could just be a rehearsal thing, the more he rehearses the more raspy he gets. Who knows until Axl says something about it which I don't think he ever will. 

23 minutes ago, THELINESMAN said:

I think it would be easier for everyone if Axl came out and said 'I sing with a clean voice on some GNR songs because I prefer that style' or 'it helps me to preserve my voice for other songs', I wonder why he doesn't. It causes all this speculation. I wonder if Duff and Slash are listening to AC/DC thinking hey, he rasps like 90s Axl all the way through ACDC gigs but sings clean on lots of GNR songs like YCBM, what is going on? OR, do you think Axl has told Slash and Duff why he chooses to sing clean now? - Could just be a rehearsal thing, the more he rehearses the more raspy he gets. Who knows until Axl says something about it which I don't think he ever will. 

It's quite possible it gets asked in an interview but probably not in that manner. 

I don't think he's just gonna come out and explain it because to those in the business ie other band members should understand. It's about ranges and comfortability with them. I also doubt he feels he needs to explain. Axl isn't in the business of explaining himself.

I'd say if we get an explanation it will be from a question that asks him to compare singing techniques for both or something similar.

The comment about staying with ACDC was about an album which can be done. Slash and his band are getting ready to work on and at some point tour an album. I see no reason why Axl can't.

The question was about if he planned to record with them he said jokingly ot maybe not jokingly if he doesn't get fired he would love to. 

Edited by BOSSY78
added
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, BOSSY78 said:

It's quite possible it gets asked in an interview but probably not in that manner. 

I don't think he's just gonna come out and explain it because to those in the business ie other band members should understand. It's about ranges and comfortability with them. I also doubt he feels he needs to explain. Axl isn't in the business of explaining himself.

I'd say if we get an explanation it will be from a question that asks him to compare singing techniques for both or something similar.

The comment about staying with ACDC was about an album which can be done. Slash and his band are getting ready to work on and at some point tour an album. I see no reason why Axl can't.

The question was about if he planned to record with them he said jokingly ot maybe not jokingly if he doesn't get fired he would love to. 

I think if anyone did ask about it in an interview, it should be phrased along the lines of him being an artist known for using many different signature voices, how does he choose which style of voice to use for each song? He has proven with these ACDC shows that it is not just about range and comfortability as he can belt out rasp all the way through a lengthy show. I understand Axl is very unlikely to explain this which is why I said we will likely never know. Either way, if Axl takes his new rehearsal habits and resulting raspy voice from ACDC to GNR we have many good GNR shows to look forward to! 

In terms of albums, I would love any album from Axl with any band atm, I just want some studio recordings of his current rasp (my favourite signature voice)! 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, nelsontod said:

i can say that i am more interested in acdc right now then guns and roses.  :shrugs:

I am not because I don't give a damn about AC/DC and I used to love GNR more than any other band ever but... it just says it all about what this reunion has become before it even started and how another chance (probably the last one) to change this band into something worthwhile was fucked up :shrugs:

The ACDC thing gets me bored a little, because his songs.... 4 me a lot of songs sounds the same.... is not my band. 

Im just listenin the voice of this MF and enjoy the sound of hell.

Now ppl.... with all this happening, this can be good 4 GNR. A little inspiration, motivation to this reunion. 

Call Adler, Izzy, Sorum.....call all that bastards Axl. Do that shit. Guaranteed sucess!

19 hours ago, TheSeeker said:

It's smart on his part.

NO. That isn't even remotely what's going on. It's not smart because it's not anything. There's no way in hell Axl is using AC/DC as leverage against Slash and Duff to force them to do things his way. This would imply Axl knew this would come up or that once Brian had to leave Axl suddenly thought "Finally a way to leverage myself against Slash and Duff" It's beyond ridiculous and not even remotely the reason behind this. This has nothing to do with Slash and Duff. NOTHING. 

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Bono said:

NO. That isn't even remotely what's going on. It's not smart because it's not anything. There's no way in hell Axl is using AC/DC as leverage against Slash and Duff to force them to do things his way. This would imply Axl knew this would come up or that once Brian had to leave Axl suddenly thought "Finally a way to leverage myself against Slash and Duff" It's beyond ridiculous and not even remotely the reason behind this. This has nothing to do with Slash and Duff. NOTHING. 

I laughed. 

He's just enjoying himself, you can't really begrudge that. It once seemed like he'd never do anything outside of Guns, so this can only mean good things. At least his comments about ac/dc show that he wants to release new music. It hasn't always looked like that. 

On 5/16/2016 at 7:43 PM, The Archer said:

No. it's like going on a holiday with the successful, classy and beautiful young actress you had the hots for when you were a teenager and always wished you could bang and would marry if you were a few years older.

Even thought she is in her 80s.. I would do it I swear LOL Here is Claudia Cardinale

they just don't make them like that anymore

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Asia said:

He actually did? And there are people on this forum who find it awesome? I can't believe this, this is some kind of a joke, really. Is this a GN'R forum at all or am I mistaken and I'm on an Axl Rose appreciation whatever he does message board?

It's obvious that if Axl stays with AC/DC GN'R is over and that's it. Whoever thinks otherwise is strictly delusional. And don't give me that crap about Slash and Duff having other projects too. These are side projects for everybody involved, these are small groups, they can adjust to the GN'R schedule. And it it is obvious you can't actually be in two bands the size of AC/DC and GNR, if they are to be active at all. This is ridiculous, it ain't gonna happen.

If Axl joins AC/DC, it's the end of GN'R. What we're getting instead is Axl recording and singing Angus songs for another 10 years when he finally gets sick of it and will want GN'R back but it will be much too late. The chance was there now to bring this band back to the glory it once had. He just blew it. Now if he joins AC/DC we'll get this one farewell tour and that's it. Maybe some occasional shows in the future. If that is what you "so called GNR fans" are happy about, good for you. But maybe change the name of the forum, cause it is misleading at this point.

That's why we gotta go to the shows, guys :awesomeface:

This is our last chance to see Axl and Slash together. Grab it while you can.

Since we have been talking about Axl talking about why his voice has or hasn't been different(some felt owed an explanation), I found an interview done by NME in 2011. For all those bringing up YCBM there you go straight from his mouth. Of course this was 4 or 5 years ago but if he felt the song was hard back in 91 I'm sure he feels it now the same.

Guns N' Roses frontman Axl Rose has insisted that he takes "good care" of his voice and even undergoes a cardio workout session before each gig he plays – scroll down to the bottom of the page and click to listen.

However, in a forthcoming interview to be shown on VH1's That Metal Show and previewed on the 'Friday Night Rocks' radio show on New York's Q104.3 FM, the singer has claimed that he takes his stagecraft seriously with a series of warm-up exercises. 

After being complimented on his singing performance following a show in Miami as part of the band's US tour, Rose replied:

I had a good night. It's not an anomaly, but I did have a good night, and I have been taking care of my voice. I do warm-ups before the show, I do warm-downs after the show, I do those religiously.

He then went on to add: "Everybody in this band has their own physical regimen they have to go through. I do a lot of cardio when I can, or when I can force myself to. But yeah, you've got to get your wind up, and you've got to get your head in the right place and go out and do it."

Rose also admitted that he had trouble performing some songs from the band's back catalogue because they were originally performed in a higher register, making reference to their 1991 track 'You Could Be Mine'. "The first time I had to play that live, I was like, 'What did I do?'" he said. "'What have I done? I have to sing this live now."

Read more at http://www.nme.com/news/guns-n-roses/60256#G65EakcHWsQZVDKW.99

S

To be honest I never cared much for ACDC until Axl started singing for them. Now I can't get enough and am going back and discover the band.

On a side note I'm noticing Axl is losing weight and hair getting longer and voice stronger.... Maybe he is slowly morphing back into his early 90s glory days!! :headbang:

• Like 1

I like analogies! Here is mine:

If the older cool kids you look up to take you up on your offer to help them out and invite you to play in their clubhouse for a while how can you say no? It is new and exciting, how can you not have fun? It doesn't mean you want to abandon the clubhouse you painstakingly built in your own backyard. To top it off, you just got some of the people who helped you build it coming back and joining again. Sure your own clubhouse will be more work, but it is also yours and their clubhouse, no matter how new and exciting it is for you, is not.

Edited by sanity_lost
proofreading

1 hour ago, HeartbreakerWoman said:

GN'R is the boring, stale, ball and chain wife. Lots of baggage, and the lifestyle is very routine.
AC/DC is the hot, sexy, low maintenance new girlfriend who is eager and always willing.

Wish my wife let me have one of these once in a while :lol:

Consider this, not exactly the same but similar.

So the year is 1986 (reunion was on the way but Steel Wheels was not fired up yet), Keith Richards goes on to see his childhood idol, Chuck Berry, who was still performing live at the time.
Keith though it was terrible, way below standards that Berry deserves. So, on his own initiative, he goes on to help.

Keith brought in his saxophone player (was it Bobby Keys), some adjustments in arrangements, maybe some extra tuning and better instruments, and here they are:
Chuck Berry at the top of his game, again. Rejuvenated.
Keith is happy like a motherfucker.

• Like 1