GNR Women's discussion

Carlycosmos

5 hours ago, Mararoyce said:

I wonder how the Stones worked out thier $ division. Keith Richards doesn't move around the stage like Mick, does that mean he gets less?

I don't think it has anything much to do with moving around onstage as much as it has to do with the rest of the work involved in running a band. During the UYI era Izzy didn't want to do videos, he didn't do interviews or press, and it seemed as though he wasn't really involved with any of the behind the scenes stuff. ETA: my bad, someone got to the answer before I did and said basically the same thing with much more detail.

Edited by stella

4 hours ago, Frey said:

And they made a DVD out of it. Have you never heard of "Some kind of Monster"? It's a widely ridiculed little movie.

I thought it was interesting and quite hilarious in parts though lol.

I know, but the way I remember it that was a really early interview, from 87 or 88 maybe.

So way before he got into the whole regression therapy thing and everything.

Which is why I was surprised, because back then he still seemed pretty intent on appearing tough and macho.

But apparently thought a child psychiatrist would be best suited for the band lol.

And yeah, considering what you said it isn't too odd he would prefer a child psychiatrist and at this point I wouldn't even care anymore. It wouldn't even register on the GNR/AXL wirdness scale and it would still be better than Yoda or TB or whatever.

There's a whole thing in the states right now where adults go to pediatricians because they find them friendlier and more nurturing. Which is actually true, adult medicine doesn't look after anyone's emotional state, and that's bad sometimes. Same concept, maybe?

Given that Axl supposedly wanted to check himself into a psych hospital back in the darker days of the NuGuns era, and that there have been one or two oblique jokes about medication on Axl's cats' Twitters (something about gabapentin, innit?) maybe he's found his peace with conventional medicine now and has been pursuing that path.

Things in the other thread are getting out of hand, we know literally nothing, they said TWO sentences....literally TWO and there's a lot of speculations based on basically nothing. they didn't even contradict each other.

The only sure thing it's that we can kiss the slaxl interview of our dream goodbye or any other kind of interview.

12 minutes ago, giuls said:

Things in the other thread are getting out of hand, we know literally nothing, they said TWO sentences....literally TWO and there's a lot of speculations based on basically nothing. they didn't even contradict each other.

The only sure thing it's that we can kiss the slaxl interview of our dream goodbye or any other kind of interview.

Exactly! We have no idea what terms were talked about or how much money or how long they talked it over or who wouldn't compromise. 

And we probably won't know. All we DO know that at some point, having all 5 guys back was on the table and that's pretty awesome. Who knows how close we actually got! 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Andy14 said:

@Lumikki lol amazing!!! At least something that made me laugh, thank you! :hug:

I was trying to make fun of the Izzy situation (that's what we Czech people are good at, to turn even the worst situation into a joke) but I'm too tired today lol 

Yes, I was there :headbang:, front of stage. I remember having goosebumps during the intro and thinking "omg, it's Axl, it's really Axl!!!" :rofl-lol:

How did you like the show?

Ha ha, same here, front of stage!  What a amazing show, when he took the stage, omg what a moment!! Wonderful Axl, incredible show (I also like AC/DC very much, so imagine, two hours jumping and going crazy!)  How many time you had to wait outside for getting in and make it to the front row??

3 hours ago, hair of the dog said:

Ha ha, same here, front of stage!  What a amazing show, when he took the stage, omg what a moment!! Wonderful Axl, incredible show (I also like AC/DC very much, so imagine, two hours jumping and going crazy!)  How many time you had to wait outside for getting in and make it to the front row??

Well I wasn't in the front row, only in the pit front of stage, row 8-10 I think, on one side of the catwalk. They opened the gate earlier than had planned, so there'd been already people when I got there. I got to the pit at around 3.30 and the show started at 8. So quite a lot of waiting but it was definitely worth it :headbang:

35 minutes ago, killuridols said:

omgomgomgomg :rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

18 minutes ago, metalms said:

This both disturbs me and intrigues me at the same time!!! I can't stop looking at it. ;)

Ha, thanks! I tried to keep certain symbolism there, so you can guess what I've done there. I'll just leave it to your imagination :smiley-confused2:

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

Ha, thanks! I tried to keep certain symbolism there, so you can guess what I've done there. I'll just leave it to your imagination :smiley-confused2:

As the child product of catholic school that I am, I see what you did there and if Dan Brown's book "The Da Vinci Code" is to be believed...:rofl-lol:

I feel dirty.

• Like 1

@Andy14 LOL! :rofl-lol::rofl-lol:  But I'm pretty sure we're all going to hell anyway, so at least we can party down there together? :headbang:

(Also does that mean Slash is Mary Magdalene or whatever Jesus' girlfriend's name was? :ph34r:)

Also, New Axl pic?

tumblr_od7c4aixOE1rswsceo1_540.jpg

8 hours ago, giuls said:

You laugh but i actually think it would have been an awesome idea for Slaxl.

Yes, I agree. And Marc Canter agrees with us too :P Slash and Axl were dealing with a lot of the same issues people in bad marriages deal with (they even compared their relationship to a marriage themselves multiple times). They might have learned something about communicating better with each other or something from going to a marriage counselor or couples' therapist lol.

In fact, it still woud be a good idea for them probably.

Off to couples' therapy with them! :lol:

8 hours ago, SerenityScorp said:

Duff :drool:

dfc10161-80da-4a12-a274-a76362100b6f.jpg

That's one of my favorite Sluff pics. But I actually think it's Slash who's really :drool: here

4 hours ago, dgnr said:
8 hours ago, SerenityScorp said:

b6e6585d-7f53-47e9-b7ca-9c00e9d11511.jpg

ebSNf7h - Imgur.gif

tumblr_od6r3k4pWn1vpinhno1_400.gif

Edited by Lumikki
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Omg, I didn't see this coming. Axl didn't really say much, but it seems it was enough to piss Izzy off. The best and smartest answer would have been "we talked with Izzy, but we weren't able to reach an agreement" :facepalm:

Exactly. Why is no one coaching them on how to answer these questions if they aren't capable of coming up with answers like that themselves? :facepalm:

12 hours ago, Blackstar said:

THIS. it's Team No one to me too, at least for now; I'll be waiting for the full story from the other side, but even then I'll probably not pick sides.

And yeah, they have always been assholes. Their history says it all. Axl had attempted to reduce Izzy's royalties, because "Izzy wasn't doing his job". It was a shitty move on Axl's part, but there's a question whether it was solely Axl's thing or there was at least consent from Slash and Duff about that; I'm not sure if the status of the band at that time would allow Axl to do such a thing all by himself. At the same time frame (it's not clear if it was a little before or a little after), Izzy had suggested that Axl should be fined because "he wasn't doing his job" (he was late, he had been walking off stage etc) and apparently he had been outvoted. Also apparently Izzy didn't sign the contract that would demote his position and Axl didn't push things. Then Izzy left and Axl was crying about it. Go figure... :facepalm:

Out of likes. Look what an inspiration this band is to its really talented fans! This is so amazing :)

I have no doubt that Slash and Duff were involved in this back then and also are now (there's a reason Izzy said "they" in his tweet).

Slash is a self-admitted workaholic. When I think about all the things he has said about both Izzy and the business side of Guns (him talking about Izzy wanting an insane amount of money for the couple of shows he did in 93, saying Izzy was unprepared and sloppy then, talking about how all the business is basically handled by Axl and him (and then they run the important things by Duff), how no matter how long he's partying he's back on the phone doing business by nine in the morning etc.) I get the impression that Slash did feel sort of resentful about Izzy not shouldering any of the work he and Axl (and Duff to a smaller extent) did. But at the same time he probably also liked it that way because Slash is in many ways just as bad of a control freak as Axl is. So I guess the two of them running the band together back then worked well for them in a way.

Fast forward to now and you don't just have Slash and Axl steering this ship, but also Duff who's become all sober, smart and business-savy as well over the years and who is also hugely invested and involved in running this business now (and has been for a while). So if these three feel Izzy doesn't deserve what he's asking for, Izzy doesn't stand a chance against them. And neither does anyone else. They're a force to be reckoned with when they're working together instead of squabbling with each other. Someone in the other thread quoted Duff as allegedly saying "Izzy thinks he's gonna get his 25% back. That's never gonna happen." Harsh, but I could see it being true.

And thank you! :)

6 hours ago, Mandy123 said:

good lord, just read through the Izzy thread and it's basically become a "bash all the members who you feel is less important than Izzy" free for all. 

That, and evidently Duff is supposed to fix ALL GnR related problems, including backing out and not doing the tour at all if Izzy didn't get what he wanted. :max:

Don't forget Duff is also greedy now, a yes man, "just the bass player", and the one who didn't want Steven back in the band, among other things. :rolleyes:

Funny how quickly he went from Saint Duff to that in some people's eyes.  If there's one thing that really annoys me about Izzygate it's the sheer amount of shit Axl and Duff are getting (I see less vitriol directed at Slash for some reason). I really don't think it's deserved, considering the little amount of information we have about this and that Axl/Slash/Duff's position is also quite understandable, even though I'd love to have Izzy back in the band.

14 hours ago, Andy14 said:

@Lumikki lol amazing!!! At least something that made me laugh, thank you! :hug:

I was trying to make fun of the Izzy situation (that's what we Czech people are good at, to turn even the worst situation into a joke) but I'm too tired today lol

12 hours ago, killuridols said:

omfg @Lumikki I need that painting as a poster to hang in my office cardboard and look at it every time something bad goes wrong. I've been laughing for 20 minutes here :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

Thanks, I'm glad it managed to cheer you up :P

5 hours ago, stella said:
10 hours ago, Frey said:

I know, but the way I remember it that was a really early interview, from 87 or 88 maybe.

So way before he got into the whole regression therapy thing and everything.

Which is why I was surprised, because back then he still seemed pretty intent on appearing tough and macho.

But apparently thought a child psychiatrist would be best suited for the band lol.

And yeah, considering what you said it isn't too odd he would prefer a child psychiatrist and at this point I wouldn't even care anymore. It wouldn't even register on the GNR/AXL wirdness scale and it would still be better than Yoda or TB or whatever.

There's a whole thing in the states right now where adults go to pediatricians because they find them friendlier and more nurturing. Which is actually true, adult medicine doesn't look after anyone's emotional state, and that's bad sometimes. Same concept, maybe?

Given that Axl supposedly wanted to check himself into a psych hospital back in the darker days of the NuGuns era, and that there have been one or two oblique jokes about medication on Axl's cats' Twitters (something about gabapentin, innit?) maybe he's found his peace with conventional medicine now and has been pursuing that path.

Huh, never heard about that before.

But as far as I'm concerned Axl can see all the child psychiatrists or pediatricians he wants, if that is really something he maybe feels more comfortable with, like @Blackstar suggested.I'd rather he sees a child psychiatrist and a pediatrician than Yoda and all these doctors who were prescribing him endless amounts of vitamins and pills and homeopathic remedies.

Edited by Lumikki
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, tiutso said:

Can I know? I have no clue :D

According to that book, the disciple to Jesus's right is not a man, is a woman, Mary Magdalane which was his secret wife and subsequently mother of his only child, Sarah.

Slash is Mary Magdalene.:facepalm::rofl-lol:

• Like 1