GNR Women's discussion

Carlycosmos

41 minutes ago, Frey said:

Yeah, I'm curious about Axl's vast medical knowledge as well. Makes sense that he'd know something about this topic specifically though.

Ferrari forum: I don't know, I read about it in an old thread about other places/forums Axl hangs out at (apart from mygnr lol) and the Ferrari forum came up. Apparently some people even got Beta's phone number from there because Axl left in a post trying to sell his car or something. Or something like that, it's been a long time since I read that, but it wasn't particularly interesting.

Emoji: The one he used in this tweet. The only people I ever see usually who use these elaborate emojis are Japanese/East Asian, or kids who are into manga and anime. Or maybe kids in general these days, I don't know.

(ง'̀-'́)ง

CD booklet: There was a list of websites in the CD booklets (maybe only in the alternate versions). Most of them were normal charities or stuff like the GNR website and myspace (:awesomeface:).

CDChiDemRedHand34.JPG

Don't know what the flat earth society forum does in there. Maybe it's a joke or he just found that forum funny or inspirational. I don't really think he believes the earth is flat lol. I know Axl is a nut, but he's too smart for that.

Interesting list of charities though: gorillas, female genital mutilation, orphans, lung cancer, prostate cancer... I remember some people were speculating he might have suffered from prostate cancer in the years he looked so weird because of that.

Axl's words there are interesting as well:

This album wasn't made so much for myself, money, ego or fame. It was made because Riad and those like him exist, no one seems to care or have any idea how to approach such a complex reality and unfortunately we all suffer.

My thanks for any and all of the good that came before, goes without saying. My apologies to anyone I have unintentionally confused and those I have mistakenly offended. If absent mindedly, we left anyone out, our sincerest apologies, we'll make it up to you.

For Beta without whom none of this or any other imagined would exist. No one worked harder, suffered more and endured more nonsense often saving the entire effort long after the bell when no one selse knew how or could.

In memory of Sharon Maynard.

There are many I miss, many I don't, some I'll remember, others...

This is how I spent my summer. And how with the help of many others managed to save my own life. If something here works for you, that's more than we could hope for. Please take care of yourselves and within reason each other. I wish you the best, more of whatever blows your skirt up and less traffic.

"Punctuality is the thief of time" - Oscar Wylde

Love, Axl

"In memory of Sharon Maynard." Seems like in 2008 he was still very fond of Yoda then. Beta also gets special thanks.

"This is how I spent my summer. And how with the help of many others managed to save my own life." This is curious as well. What does he mean by "save my own life"? Was he feeling suicidal or something again around the 2006-2008 era?

And weird to see that he still seems so concerned about Erin's brother in law after all these years (the Riad guy).

Yes, I was annoyed when I saw the mention of Yoda in the CD booklet. I'd hoped she would have been a thing of the past by then.

I also remember people speculating about the prostate cancer thing. It's possible I guess...

Also, I actually think there's tons of interesting stuff in the CD booklets. I need to look at them again because it's been a while since I last saw them, but I remember finding them quite interesting.

Axl's thoughts and explanations throughout the booklet, the artwork, the combination of artwork with certain songs...

Edited by Lumikki

13 minutes ago, Rock Hopper said:

Speaking of cd's, I went to the local record shop, and there wasn't a single GnR cd available to buy, not even a little plastic divider with their name on.  Lots of AC/DC however.:shrugs:

You have an actual record shop? I miss our local ones so bad, I used to buy actual tickets from our local one. Now I have to use ticketmaster and Amazon and eBay. Oh and iTunes, plenty of GNR on there. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, killuridols said:

If Axl and Beta are married for whatever legal convenience, I don't think they would be boasting wedding rings in public. Unless it was out of love, which I doubt.

Besides, it'd be way to creepy that he calls her mother and at the same time is married to her? :scared:

The whole situation would be awful, mostly for Beta, if she's married to a guy who calls her mom and has sex with loads of other women, under her knowledge.

You gotta be too greedy and ambitious and have a really low self-esteem to accept an arrangement of that sort.

She doesn't strike me as the kind of woman who is submissive and passive. 

Well apparently people do creepy things like that... like, there are a lot of women out there calling their bf's daddy n stuff. I mean yeah I totally agree with you on that it's creepy, but I'm sure it does happen :vomit:

That said I don't think they're married and if they were, well good for them

15 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

You have an actual record shop? I miss our local ones so bad, I used to buy actual tickets from our local one. Now I have to use ticketmaster and Amazon and eBay. Oh and iTunes, plenty of GNR on there. 

Yep, I miss those days.  there used to be a couple here, and we still have a place that sells actual records.

Random as hell question and I never read this thread before lol, but I thought women might know this. What did Axl do with his hair that he has so many curls in it now? Like it used to be pin straight. Did he straighten it back in the day or did he get a slight perm now or what?:P I cant make sense of it. Was it the braids from 2006?

1 hour ago, Frey said:

Also let's be real, Axl suffers from serious depression at times apparently. What do many depressed people do usually? They tend to stay in bed all day, spend too much time in front of the TV or on the internet, eat too much (or not enough)... Seems like Axl likes does all these things.

And yeah, I bet taking care of Axl is a 24/7 job :lol:

Not every person with depression stays in bed all day. I don't know how many could really afford that, unless you are diagnosed and officially declared disabled so that you can receive a pension for your disability and never have to work again (or you live with people who can financially support you).

Many of us who are depressed (or mildly depressed) are still able to function like any other "normal" human being, probably carrying some extra baggage, but at the end of the day we too have to pay taxes and keep ourselves breathing.

I don't know what kind of depression Axl has or even if he's really depressed. Either way, he can afford not working to make a living but it takes a toll on his health, apparently.

Emoji: The one he used in this tweet. The only people I ever see usually who use these elaborate emojis are Japanese/East Asian, or kids who are into manga and anime. Or maybe kids in general these days, I don't know.

(ง'̀-'́)ง

wow I had totally forgotten about that one, lol, you are too much into details, Frey! :smiley-confused2:

I didn't think much about that, tbh. I use those things too and didn't have idea they were Asian. The only thing about them is that I'm not sure you can add them from a cellphone? 

Whenever I use them is by copy+pasting from a website that has them all listed.

1 hour ago, Frey said:

CD booklet: There was a list of websites in the CD booklets (maybe only in the alternate versions). Most of them were normal charities or stuff like the GNR website and myspace (:awesomeface:).

CDChiDemRedHand34.JPG

Don't know what the flat earth society forum does in there. Maybe it's a joke or he just found that forum funny or inspirational. I don't really think he believes the earth is flat lol. I know Axl is a nut, but he's too smart for that.

Interesting list of charities though: gorillas, female genital mutilation, orphans, lung cancer, prostate cancer... I remember some people were speculating he might have suffered from prostate cancer in the years he looked so weird because of that.

Axl's words there are interesting as well:

This album wasn't made so much for myself, money, ego or fame. It was made because Riad and those like him exist, no one seems to care or have any idea how to approach such a complex reality and unfortunately we all suffer.

My thanks for any and all of the good that came before, goes without saying. My apologies to anyone I have unintentionally confused and those I have mistakenly offended. If absent mindedly, we left anyone out, our sincerest apologies, we'll make it up to you.

For Beta without whom none of this or any other imagined would exist. No one worked harder, suffered more and endured more nonsense often saving the entire effort long after the bell when no one selse knew how or could.

In memory of Sharon Maynard.

There are many I miss, many I don't, some I'll remember, others...

This is how I spent my summer. And how with the help of many others managed to save my own life. If something here works for you, that's more than we could hope for. Please take care of yourselves and within reason each other. I wish you the best, more of whatever blows your skirt up and less traffic.

"Punctuality is the thief of time" - Oscar Wylde

Love, Axl

"In memory of Sharon Maynard." Seems like in 2008 he was still very fond of Yoda then. Beta also gets special thanks.

"This is how I spent my summer. And how with the help of many others managed to save my own life." This is curious as well. What does he mean by "save my own life"? Was he feeling suicidal or something again around the 2006-2008 era?

And weird to see that he still seems so concerned about Erin's brother in law after all these years (the Riad guy).

Ok. I never paid attention to those either. Probably I thought it was a joke :lol:

Some of them make sense if you think about the things Axl is interested in or the issues he has.

As for the Riad part..... again, I have no clue what he's talking about and why is this Riad the plague of the world.

About him being suicidal again in 2006, I don't think so. I think he refers to the whole journey of making and putting out CD.

4 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Random as hell question and I never read this thread before lol, but I thought women might know this. What did Axl do with his hair that he has so many curls in it now? Like it used to be pin straight. Did he straighten it back in the day or did he get a slight perm now or what?:P I cant make sense of it. Was it the braids from 2006?

I think it's just an age thing, mine is fairly fine, and over the years its developed a bit of a curl. If you brush it it goes frizzy.  If you dont, it gets a bit curly.  You need to put in a bit of serum, and use straightners to get it flat again.  If it's humid, forget it,  it just a frizzy mess you can't do anything with.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Not a woman, but this has been discussed here before and from what I remember, the options mentioned were

1) He used to straighten his hair back in the day, but is too lazy now. Makes sense because there are old pictures of him having curly/wavy hair

2) It's because his hair is shorter and more layered now, making it easier for the hair to curl

3) It's not his own hair, but a transplant, thus behaving differently

4) Hormonal changes. According to some people here hormones can influence hair texture apparently

Probably also a combination of some of these factors.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, john lennon said:

Well apparently people do creepy things like that... like, there are a lot of women out there calling their bf's daddy n stuff. I mean yeah I totally agree with you on that it's creepy, but I'm sure it does happen :vomit:

That said I don't think they're married and if they were, well good for them

I know that kind of people exist and there are things even creepier than this but since I don't know what is going on there I rather give them the benefit of the doubt and hope it didn't go that far. It is too disturbing to be true.

10 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

I think it is a combination of his hair being frizzy due to I don't know what? (humidity, hair implant, dye, old age, etc) and actually, the only part where he has curls is on the left side, so I think that's the work of a curling wand and nothing else.

• Like 1

What is frizz?

Frizz occurs when the cuticle layer of your hair is raised, allowing moisture to pass through and swell the strands. As a result, your hair appears dry and frizzy instead of smooth and defined. In general, curly hair tends to have more frizz than straight hair because of dehydration in the strands, which leaves it more vulnerable to frizzing.

Hair can become dehydrated for many reasons…

• You aren’t drinking enough water (at least half your weight in ounces per day) and eating a balanced diet.
  • You are not sleeping with satin or silk accessories and your hair is rubbing against drying materials.
  • The oil your scalp naturally secretes is not making it down the strands of hair over the days after washing (which is very common with coily and kinky hair types).
  • You are not deep conditioning often enough, or with the right types of products for your porosity level.
  • Your shampoo is drying your hair.
  • Your protein to moisture balance is off; you are using too much protein without enough moisture.
  • Your oils and moisturizers of choice are not penetrating the hair shaft.
  • Medications you are taking are causing changes in your body that affect your hair.
  • You have over-processed chemicals in your hair, such as high-lift dye or bleach, that have damaged the cuticle.

http://moknowshair.com/combatingfrizz/

14 minutes ago, Frey said:

Not a woman, but this has been discussed here before and from what I remember, the options mentioned were

1) He used to straighten his hair back in the day, but is too lazy now. Makes sense because there are old pictures of him having curly/wavy hair

2) It's because his hair is shorter and more layered now, making it easier for the hair to curl

3) It's not his own hair, but a transplant, thus behaving differently

4) Hormonal changes. According to some people here hormones can influence hair texture apparently

Probably also a combination of some of these factors.

Those all make a lot of sense, thanks!

11 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I think it is a combination of his hair being frizzy due to I don't know what? (humidity, hair implant, dye, old age, etc) and actually, the only part where he has curls is on the left side, so I think that's the work of a curling wand and nothing else.

I thought so that age had to do with it maybe, like look at Sebastian Bachs hair now, it got very thin compared to even a few years ago. But it really could be any of those things Frey listed in the end. I just hope he grows it out past his shoulders again, I really like how long its gotten since Vegas already. Certainly makes him look younger and just pure better.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Those all make a lot of sense, thanks!

I thought so that age had to do with it maybe, like look at Sebastian Bachs hair now, it got very thin compared to even a few years ago. But it really could be any of those things Frey listed in the end. I just hope he grows it out past his shoulders again, I really like how long its gotten since Vegas already. Certainly makes him look younger and just pure better.

I don't know. My mom is older than him and has amazing hair :shrugs:

Depends a lot on race too or how strong your whole health system is. Unhealthy people usually have bad hair and bad nails. 

Um, I don't agree with his length now making him look younger or better. I think it makes him look bad. No person at his age look amazing with hair past the shoulders. Much less men.

The Vegas length was cool. Now it is a mess, with the frizz and half curls.

30 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Not every person with depression stays in bed all day. I don't know how many could really afford that, unless you are diagnosed and officially declared disabled so that you can receive a pension for your disability and never have to work again (or you live with people who can financially support you).

Many of us who are depressed (or mildly depressed) are still able to function like any other "normal" human being, probably carrying some extra baggage, but at the end of the day we too have to pay taxes and keep ourselves breathing.

I don't know what kind of depression Axl has or even if he's really depressed. Either way, he can afford not working to make a living but it takes a toll on his health, apparently.

wow I had totally forgotten about that one, lol, you are too much into details, Frey! :smiley-confused2:

I didn't think much about that, tbh. I use those things too and didn't have idea they were Asian. The only thing about them is that I'm not sure you can add them from a cellphone? 

Whenever I use them is by copy+pasting from a website that has them all listed.

Ok. I never paid attention to those either. Probably I thought it was a joke :lol:

Some of them make sense if you think about the things Axl is interested in or the issues he has.

As for the Riad part..... again, I have no clue what he's talking about and why is this Riad the plague of the world.

About him being suicidal again in 2006, I don't think so. I think he refers to the whole journey of making and putting out CD.

I know not every depressed person does that. That's why I said "many" and "severe depression".

Riad was a creep that was Erin's brother in law (I guess some guy Erin's sister married or something). Some kind of insane criminal mastermind apparently. Civil War was written at his request.

20 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I know that kind of people exist and there are things even creepier than this but since I don't know what is going on there I rather give them the benefit of the doubt and hope it didn't go that far. It is too disturbing to be true.

I really can't picture Axl sitting there with a curling wand trying to make these curls. If he is too lazy too take care of his hair in any way apart from basic washing (like you guys claim), then he is  also too lazy to curl his hair.

And what would be the point of that anyway? Because it looks like shit tbh :lol:

3 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I don't know. My mom is older than him and has amazing hair :shrugs:

Depends a lot on race too or how strong your whole health system is. Unhealthy people usually have bad hair and bad nails. 

Um, I don't agree with his length now making him look younger or better. I think it makes him look bad. No person at his age look amazing with hair past the shoulders. Much less men.

The Vegas length was cool. Now it is a mess, with the frizz and half curls.

I guess agree to disagree then. I know plenty of people who look great with long hair that age. Just look at Brad Pitt for example, he still had long hair like 3 years ago and he is only like 2 years younger than Axl. Women generally have healthier hair than men anyways so it doesnt surprise me your mom still has great hair her age. I'm just waiting to see if Axl grows it out or cuts it off at some point in the next 6 months, I think it'll look great even with all the curl action going on now, by the time the Japan dates start it should be pretty long.

Cr9JxxNXgAAD-aC.jpg