GNR Women's discussion

Carlycosmos

Hi everyone! I've been reading this forum for a very long time, but after Wednesday's show, I couldn't resist anymore and decided to join. I won't be posting a lot though (bf is already complaining that I spend a lot of time listening/watching/reading/talking about gnr when I am at home) but I felt I owed you all a "that you" for this very informative and entertaining thread :heart:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, _Mia_ said:

Hi everyone! I've been reading this forum for a very long time, but after Wednesday's show, I couldn't resist anymore and decided to join. I won't be posting a lot though (bf is already complaining that I spend a lot of time listening/watching/reading/talking about gnr when I am at home) but I felt I owed you all a "that you" for this very informative and entertaining thread :heart:

Welcome! :hug:

Great choice, this thread is the best to be found here :headbang:.

I won't be posting a lot though

Ha, don't believe it, it will absorb you and you won't be able to stop. It's full of nice people here, but still.....We will eat your soul (and time) lol :rofl-lol: 

15 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

Welcome! :hug:

Great choice, this thread is the best to be found here :headbang:.

I won't be posting a lot though

Ha, don't believe it, it will absorb you and you won't be able to stop. It's full of nice people here, but still.....We will eat your soul (and time) lol :rofl-lol: 

Thank you :)

And that's exactly what I feared, but I guess that's what it is like being a gnr fan..."once the gnr bug bites you, there is no know antidote"

This is from Stephen Davis' book (https://books.google.gr/books?id=1Jh4dkcw0nsC&printsec=frontcover&hl=el#v=onepage&q&f=false ):

davis.jpg

It says that Axl's father was probably two years older than his mother, but from what I understand this book is not reliable at all, because the writer didn't do any original research and his sources are almost entirely secondary (magazines, internet, other books). Even Axl's birth date is wrong (I believe it's February 6 1962).

About the American school system, these may help:

high school1.JPGhigh school.jpg

It is known that Sharon Lintner was born in March 1945, so she was almost 17 when she had Axl. She is in the 1963 junior class year book @dalsh327 posted because she apparently missed a school year due to the pregnancy.  This makes the William Rose dude that appears in the 1961 junior class year book (assuming there were no interruptions in his school attendance) just 1 year older than her.

william rose.jpg

His picture gives the impression of a nerd with today's criteria, but it was a modern look in the late 50s-early 60s, see for example Buddy Holly and Roy Orbison, two of the most popular rock 'n' roll singers and teenage idols at the time, so I guess a rebellious teenager or a juvenile delinquent could look like that.

I think the only known picture of Axl when he was about the same age as this guy is this mug shot

mug 18 3.jpg

but the face expression doesn't help to see if there is any resemblance. He doesn't look much like his mother either in this picture.

Compared to other pictures of Axl either as a kid or in his twenties, I can't see any similarities between him and this William Rose (except maybe the area around the eyes), while he indeed looks like a copy of his mother in the Rapidfire picture  @Lumikki posted.

Sharon.jpgrapidax.jpg

I agree with @killuridols that the name William Rose is not rare, but if the two school year books are from the same school (maybe @dalsh327 could help to confirm this), the possibilities of a coincidence are reduced.  And yeah, the eyesight problems aren't more than a slight indication, but the lack of resemblance doesn't mean anything either. There is also the matter of the age difference between Axl's mother and his father. Is there any reliable source about this?

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Padme said:

No, now we need to get to the bottom of this. Did he or didn't he?  It is possible if he was having some medical examination at that time. If he mentioned that I think he really enjoyed it :shock:

I don't know. I watched that video a looooong time ago and I'm not watching it again, it's too long, I don't have time unless someone points me to the exact minute where Axl says that but I swear I have no clue. Axl talks loads of bollocks all the time and I hardly ever understand what he means so I just let him be, lol :lol:

2 hours ago, Lumikki said:

ANDY!!! You just discovered another clothes sharing incident! :lol:

Duff is indeed wearing a kilt here- one that Axl used to wear on stage:

20160614120702.jpg

I never noticed Duff wearing that kilt in that picture before, thanks for pointing out lol.

(Also I think Duff looks the best there and not Steven :max::P)

wooow i never realized about that! :wow:

So cool!! Props to you @Andy14 :headbang:

And that kilt is not the same Axl wore during the UYI tour, this one is shorter and has other colors.

@killuridols you should look at it as an honor, we're the experts not just on Axl's ass but also on his colon apparently :rofl-lol:

I'll quote myself from the other thread:

"Seriously though, I got nothing. Maybe it was just a joke, some weird inside joke they might have. Although the Yoda idea wouldn't even shock me either. Unnecessary enemas for supposed health benefits fit right in with herbal wrap exorcisms. :facepalm:"

Your second post though :rofl-lol:  There are actually people who have an enema kink and who get off on that kind of thing. People with a medical fetish I guess lol. I have no idea if that applies to Axl though :lol: 

So to sum up, we've got the following possibilities:

1) It was a joke

2) It was some magical Yoda bullshit supposed to help him deal with something

3) It was for legit medical reasons

4) He was severely constipated

5) He gets off on that because he's a perv

Pick your favorite one :rofl-lol:

hahahaha I guess so

I'm in a weird mood today. I hate it so I'm not able to appreciate fun stuff or anything cool because I'm feeling psychotic, lol. what a crap :unsure:

Was Yoda around in 1993?

@Blackstar your conclusions are good and similar to mine, yeah.

Now that you've posted that, then I guess the only way to find a picture and information on Axl's father would be by going through the criminal records?

If he was a delinquent that's got to be tracked somewhere.

But I guess that's not a territory we should dig, right? That's like too much and could get us in trouble.

I don't know. I dont feel like.

I dont feel like anything today. Just KILL ME. :drool:

lol

8 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Kill you with hot Axl's pics?

af6d3b68130ced562c8fdc7853ee3ca7.jpg

Must be something in the air, I feel kinda meh too :shrugs:

13 minutes ago, killuridols said:

And that kilt is not the same Axl wore during the UYI tour, this one is shorter and has other colors.

I think he started wearing kilt back in the 1980s (1985 maybe)

hqdefault.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

2 hours ago, Lumikki said:

I never noticed Duff wearing that kilt in that picture before, thanks for pointing out lol.

I couldn't find any other picture of Duff wearing kilt, just this one:

40901a9bcf62fd4c2652a4e9037c38c0.jpg

Hey @pinkforgirls there's some kilt discussion going on :headbang:

1 minute ago, Andy14 said:

hqdefault.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

yaaaaaas I am enjoying all the kilty goodness  *_*

And this Duff pic is new to me. Look at those skinny legs tee hee

32 minutes ago, killuridols said:

@Blackstar your conclusions are good and similar to mine, yeah.

Now that you've posted that, then I guess the only way to find a picture and information on Axl's father would be by going through the criminal records?

If he was a delinquent that's got to be tracked somewhere.

But I guess that's not a territory we should dig, right? That's like too much and could get us in trouble.

I don't know. I dont feel like.

lol

Maybe, maybe not...juvenile records are sealed most of the time. It's meant to protect people, so if they did something when they were young and stupid it won't follow them around forever. Even that reporter who found some of Axl's old mugshots and citations in Indiana didn't find anything from when he was under 18 and that's probably exactly why.

I do think that perhaps sleuthing this might be crossing a line. The press has a lot of resources that the general public doesn't, and I'm sure they've ferreted out whatever they could...perhaps if they haven't chosen to share it, we shouldn't go there either, in the name of protecting Axl and his siblings' privacy.

11 hours ago, Frey said:

@stella I think the picture you described and the one next to it with Elvis are from wax museum. Just looks like him posing with wax sculptures of famous people. I'm more concerned about the poop on his chest lol. I hope it's just fake/toy poop (looks that way), but then again my girlfriend's dog crapped on me once as well (but he was really sick then). 

Ah, that makes sense! That one just jumped out at me, and had me wondering WTF was happening, LOL.

When those photos went up for auction I think the dog poop was discussed, and it was fake - they were doing a joke photo of some kind. I certainly hope that's true.

31 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

hqdefault.jpg

not even with his ass, lol

Yeah, I know he's been wearing kilts for a lifetime :lol:

9 minutes ago, stella said:

Maybe, maybe not...juvenile records are sealed most of the time. It's meant to protect people, so if they did something when they were young and stupid it won't follow them around forever. Even that reporter who found some of Axl's old mugshots and citations in Indiana didn't find anything from when he was under 18 and that's probably exactly why.

I do think that perhaps sleuthing this might be crossing a line. The press has a lot of resources that the general public doesn't, and I'm sure they've ferreted out whatever they could...perhaps if they haven't chosen to share it, we shouldn't go there either, in the name of protecting Axl and his siblings' privacy.

Well, you must know better than me. I'm not American.

Not gonna deny it'd be interesting to know more about his father, but only if I found about it through media, or someone close to him tells me, but Im not gonna put myself in that task of investigating. It's not worth it.

@killuridols, yeah, the criminal records could be a good source. I agree it would be too much for us, but they are not accessible through internet anyway, are they? (and they shouldn't be).

@stella I read in an old thread that years ago a journalist had written an Axl bio which contained details about Axl's father and his murder, but it never saw the light of the day, although it was ready for print.

-------------

In lighter topics now... :)

About the kilt... I'm not a fan of it (for Axl, not in general). Maybe if it was shorter, like Duff's... It looks a bit better in the 1985 pictures @Andy14 posted, where Axl wears it above the leather pants; it's an interesting and creative choice.

hqdefault.jpg

23 hours ago, Jane M. said:

Do not pay attention to the word "riot", let's focus on Axl, Slash's moves and Izzy's "please somebody kill me face".:headbang:

Carry on.

Since we were discussing the cat accounts... I saw this video a while ago. The first part is lame, but I think the second part is funny

There are also some videos with cats named Axl :)

• Like 1

@_Mia_ Welcome! :D

@Blackstar ! My favorite GnR scholar/academic! Very informative post, and I agree with everything you said. I love it when you get all scientific (like in that one post you did about all these years of Axl/Slash/Duff drama, with all the foot notes and citations- that was one of the best posts I've ever seen on this forum :D)

As for the timeline question: I just saw a post of random Axl trivia on Tumblr today that stated that Axl's father was 4 years older than his mother. But of course that post didn't have any sources :rolleyes: But 4 years is the number I've also always had in the back of my head, so I think there must be a source for this out there. I wish I could remember where I got that 4 years idea from. Probably the same place that poster on Tumblr got it from. Damn.

---------------

Re: Kilts. I think the kilt Axl had in these early pics is much nicer than the one he later had. I can take or leave that one, but the early days kilt.... nice. And Duff's kilt has a great length. Prefer that to the overly long kilts Axl was wearing.

--------------

@killuridols Yeah, Yoda was definitely around during the UYI tours. It was Slash, Duff, etc who gave her the nickname Yoda in the first place because they thought she was ridiculous and they were annoyed that she had to come along to sniff out the vibes of some places they were gonna play at etc. There were some funny stories about Yoda and co. during the GnR days in some article once (maybe one of the newer Rolling Stones articles?).

-------------

Cats :D I used to have 2 cats named Axl and Slash. Named so because of their respective fur colors, ginger and black.

Edited by Lumikki
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Lumikki said:

@killuridols Yeah, Yoda was definitely around during the UYI tours. It was Slash, Duff, etc who gave her the nickname Yoda in the first place because they thought she was ridiculous and they were annoyed that she had to come along to sniff out the vibes of some places they were gonna play at etc. There were some funny stories about Yoda and co. during the GnR days in some article once (maybe one of the newer Rolling Stones articles?).

oh, I dont know why I always thought it was after that, like 1996 when he started with all that crazy crap.

:shrugs:

Yeah it was the same high school, and I'm sure Axl had the same teachers they did. It also wouldn't surprise me if cousins of Izzy & Axl know way more about the backstory, but it's 50 years ago. 

This is from a court website in Illinois. This had to have been in the local news when it happened, but it gives you his dad's whereabouts in the 70s.  

http://www.illinoiscourts.gov/opinions/appellatecourt/1997/5thdistrict/october/html/5950241.txt

http://thesouthern.com/news/local/convicted-murderer-s-appeal-denied-again/article_b80850f0-2d5b-5479-a48e-05335eb9dfc8.html

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, pinkforgirls said:

Pause button....  Axl's biological father was murdered?! O_O

I have never heard this before. I mean I remember reading about the step father abuse but this is news to me. jfc

Yes, didn't know he was stabbed though. The story I read was that he was shot at point blank range for being a general good for nothing.

2 hours ago, killuridols said:

Well, you must know better than me. I'm not American.

Not gonna deny it'd be interesting to know more about his father, but only if I found about it through media, or someone close to him tells me, but Im not gonna put myself in that task of investigating. It's not worth it.

I agree, if Axl himself chooses to talk about it, that's one thing, but I don't feel right at all about researching it.

Edited by stella

2 hours ago, Blackstar said:

@stella I read in an old thread that years ago a journalist had written an Axl bio which contained details about Axl's father and his murder, but it never saw the light of the day, although it was ready for print.

I remember the book you're talking about - it looked totally ready to go with a publisher, ISBN, the works, and it never came out. I wouldn't be surprised if someone in Axl's camp had either quietly settled with them to make the book go away or there had been some cease and desist letters, or both.

And I really think that's fair IMHO. Axl's a celebrity but I really feel like his family needs to be left alone. They didn't choose to be in the spotlight but there's no reason anyone needs to be reading all the details of Axl's private family life, unless he himself chooses to disclose them. It sounds as though some pretty traumatic things went down with his biological dad and IMHO there's no reason anyone needs to be putting that in the public eye without Axl's consent.

Edited by stella
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Andy14 said:

hqdefault.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

I prefer long kilt like Axl's, Dat kilt tht Duff wear it makes Him like wearing skirt N' like a Woman :facepalm:

I knew Axls father was murdered, I remember Axl talking about how his father was probably buried in a ditch next to a highway somewhere. 

I had no idea he was stabbed for fucking another guy's wife though and in such a gruesome manner. And in front of children too :facepalm: 

Axl's life is truly bizarre. So full of violence and horrific stories. But also incredible successes and highs. Highest highs and lowest lows.

• Like 1