GNR Women's discussion

Carlycosmos

4 hours ago, Lumikki said:

Also, the crap about CD being a message to Dylan and hoping he would hear it and understand Axl's side of the story is one of the most delusional things I've ever heard Axl say. Like what the hell, dude? The kid probably doesn't even remember you, you were just some guy his mom dated when he was a baby and even if he by some miracle came across CD and realized it was an album about his mom, then he's probably only going to be creeped out or something. He was raised his whole life by his mother and he probably loves her and if he knows or cares about Axl in any way at all, then Axl's probably just some asshole who was violent with his mom to him. Just... Axl :facepalm:

I agree that I don't think Dylan would be impressed- he was so little that he likely doesn't even remember Axl, and of course, given the circumstances, it's highly unlikely he'd take Axl's side. But I don't think it's delusional or pathetic that Axl tried to send him such a message - I think it's very sad. Whatever the circumstances between him and Stephanie, Axl seemed to really love that kid, he seemed to spend a lot of time with Dylan, and for a while it seemed that he was going to become the kid's stepfather. Of course he was going to be crushed when that didn't happen. And given all the "evil step parents" we hear about - all the people who alienate their step-kids and treat them like absolute shit - IMHO it's impressive that Axl actually really honestly wanted to take on that role and be there for the kid in a positive way.

Having said that, yeah, I think that bridge is crossed and burned and isn't going to be rebuilt.

• Like 3

Ok, this makes me feel kind of stalker-ish, cos normally I couldn't care less about someone In a band I likes past relationships, especially ones from so so long ago.... But I requested to follow Erin on Instagram (feel bad saying it, it's just not me lol) because I wondered y'know, I'm nosey I guess. 

I don't think its a coincidence that since she's been saying positive, forgiveness type things about him, Axl has improved personality wise no end. 

Interseting that the last time he logged in here was 2012, just after she was spotted at the show, he probably reads this forum more than we think. She may well turn up in Atlanta, considering her last post on IG was directly tagging him in it, hmmmm we will see. 

As far as lyrics go, TIL lyrics are just horribly cheesey to me, but I always assume them to be about Erin. Everything else on CD sucks imo, the lyrics especially. You can totally tell Axl had hardly any inspiration, not a surprise when he holed himself up in his mansion living in his own weird little world. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, highvoltage said:
5 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Slash isn't listed as a songwriter on this one.

I saw here http://www.slashparadise.com/discography/albums-slash-snakepit-1995-its-five-o-clock-somewhere.php

and in wikipedia that he is.

8 hours ago, Kira said:

So what are the chances of Erin showing up at the Atlanta concert?  It wouldn't be unusual for her to go and see Meeghan and Slash.   But is Axl ok with her now or not?  She seems to choose to be positive about him now.  He's made a lot of strides, but I don't know about that. 

What's the connection there? Why would she show up in Atlanta specifically? 

The question is, regardless of where, will TB allow her to be near Axl?

19 minutes ago, Jane M. said:

What's the connection there? Why would she show up in Atlanta specifically? 

The question is, regardless of where, will TB allow her to be near Axl?

Because she lives in Atlanta. And she also went to see Axl and his hired guns the last time they played there.

9 hours ago, Lumikki said:

Street of Dreams- Hah! I can't say I'm convinced it's about Slash, but I really want it to be about Slash :P The "all the love in the world couldn't save you" line could very well be meant platonically. Like Axl himself even said that he loved Slash and that Slash was what was keeping him from making a new album and everything, so maybe that line just means that all the love Axl felt for Slash wasn't enough to keep him in the band or to keep him from leaving. The "feelings that I felt I saved for you and no one else" line is kinda gay in that context, I admit, but like @giuls said, it could refer to the special, intense relationship they shared. You know, all these nights staying up talking together and Axl vomiting his feelings all over Slash while Slash just sat there and listened. Or Axl's comment about Slash's playing meaning so much to him that he would sometimes just sit down on stage and listen to him. Also the whole line is "So now I wander through my days/And try to find my ways/To the feelings that I felt/I saved for you and no one else." Considering Axl's comments about how Slash is keeping him from making new music, because it's so hard to replace him, and how much his playing meant to him, that whole thing could be a reference to trying to find another guitar player who makes him feel like Slash does and would be a suitable replacement.

Also this line: "You know I tried so hard to make you / Oh, to make you change your mind" - to me this sounds like a reference to Axl trying really hard to convince Slash to stay in the band, which he did according to Slash. IIRC, Axl even called Slash's dad and asked him to make Slash change his mind :( Though we also know he tried really hard to get Erin back. Not sure about Steph, but it doesn't seem he tried all that hard with her.

And this: "I don't know just what I should do / Everywhere I go I see you" - Axl being confused about how to move forward with the band and being frustrated at Slash being omnipresent in the media etc. I mean he was the polar opposite of Axl; while Axl hid away, Slash was everywhere, constantly out and about and making a name for himself. If Axl meant this line literally (and not just in an "I'm imagining seeing his/her face everywhere I go" sense), then this would also point towards the song being about Slash, because Erin completely disappeared from the public and Stephanie was busy raising her kids and wasn't all that omnipresent anymore either.

And "What I thought was beautiful don't live inside of you anymore" - self-explanatory. And I'm not even gonna go into that whole "Slash's soul left his body and now he's not the real wonderful Slash anymore, but a bad impostor" madness. It fits perfectly with that line, but I'm not sure if I want to believe Axl is (was) that crazy :lol::facepalm:

There's also this other point that the guy who is convinced SOD is about Slash (RussTCB maybe?) made, about SOD being originally called The Blues. Which would be a fitting title considering Slash is known for his blues-y playing and Axl said he loved that about him.

My thoughts exactly, plus, the lyrics "I don't know just what I should do / Everywhere I go I see you" goes on with  "Though it's what you planned 
This much is true" Erin doesn't seem the type to plan something like that and Stephanie moved on quickly with the pregnancy and all that but Slash admitted on Letterman that he fanned the flames of the feud with Axl during the Velvet Revolver period, it wouldn't be a stretch that he did it even before that in more subtle ways and, anyway, Slash is a prominent figure in Axl's life.

I don't think i believe anything Alan said about soul leaving the body, especially after the thing about ACDC being evil :lol:

About It's five O' Clock Somewhere, it doesn't seem to be a Jagger/Richards kind of deal but who know what songs he actually wrote the lyrics for even if i read somewhere that Slash wrote the lyrics for "take it away" but i don't remember where/if it was a reputable source.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Ok, this makes me feel kind of stalker-ish, cos normally I couldn't care less about someone In a band I likes past relationships, especially ones from so so long ago.... But I requested to follow Erin on Instagram (feel bad saying it, it's just not me lol) because I wondered y'know, I'm nosey I guess. 

I don't think its a coincidence that since she's been saying positive, forgiveness type things about him, Axl has improved personality wise no end. 

Interseting that the last time he logged in here was 2012, just after she was spotted at the show, he probably reads this forum more than we think. She may well turn up in Atlanta, considering her last post on IG was directly tagging him in it, hmmmm we will see. 

As far as lyrics go, TIL lyrics are just horribly cheesey to me, but I always assume them to be about Erin. Everything else on CD sucks imo, the lyrics especially. You can totally tell Axl had hardly any inspiration, not a surprise when he holed himself up in his mansion living in his own weird little world. 

Erin went to the 2011 show, not to the 2012. At least I never heard she went twice. The 2012 loging by Dexter, I don't know for sure but some people have claimed it was because at the time Stephanie was divorcing Brant. And Brant was making horrible public comments about her. Then the divorce was called off

2 minutes ago, Padme said:

Erin went to the 2011 show, not to the 2012. At least I never heard she went twice. The 2012 loging by Dexter, I don't know for sure but some people have claimed it was because at the time Stephanie was divorcing Brant. And Brant was making horrible public comments about her. Then the divorce was called off

Why would Axl log in here because Steph was divorcing Brant? Just to read what people here were gossiping about Steph's divorce? I think I don't get it :lol:

• Like 1

Just now, Frey said:

Why would Axl log in here because Steph was divorcing Brant? Just to read what people here were gossiping about Steph's divorce? I think I don't get it :lol:

I'm not making that claim. Others did it in here :shrugs: I don't know why that he login at that time and I don't know why he has stopped since then

5 minutes ago, Padme said:

I'm not making that claim. Others did it in here :shrugs: I don't know why that he login at that time and I don't know why he has stopped since then

I know you didn't make that claim, I was just wondering if there was something I'm missing because otherwise that sounds like a pretty random claim to make.

Maybe he just stopped logging in because he realized we could see that he was online and now he just lurks anonymously :ph34r:

Edited by Frey

12 hours ago, SerenityScorp said:

I want to know this also what songs?

I knew about Axl calling Izzy for 4 hours crying N' begs Him to not leaving the Band but I didnt know about Him called Slash Father :wacko:

12 hours ago, Frey said:

Never heard that story before about Axl trying to get Slash's father to convince Slash to stay. :blink: That's... I was going to say pathetic, but I'm gonna go with sad.

Slash mentioned the story about Axl calling his father to get him to convince Slash to stay in his book I think. If not in his book, then in some interview. And yes, it's sad, Axl must have been really desperate not to lose Slash. :(

Okay, I just looked it up, Slash definitely mentioned that incident in his book (as well as somewhere else I think). He didn't just call Slash's dad, but also Renee:

"In the short run, no one in the Guns corporation actually believed that I was done. Axl contacted those closest to me, telling them that I should change my mind. He called my dad, my security guard, my wife, Renee, and told each of them that I was making the biggest mistake of my life. He said that I was pissing away so much money because of my decision. But none of that mattered to me. I was done. The camel’s back had been broken and there was no going back."

As for the Snakepit songs being about Axl, Slash said that in his book as well (and the members of Insane Clowne Posse also said in their book that Slash said he'd written all these songs about Axl). I can't find the quote in Slash's book right now, but here's the quote from the ICP people:

Then Slash turned to me. "I got a question, Joe. This song isn't about Axl, is it?"
Wha?
"No, why would you think that?"
"Well, 'Use Your Illusion,' 'Halls of Illusions' You guys are talking about people who beat their wife and kids; you sure this isn't about Axl?'
"No, it's not, man, really."
I realized then that Slash was a great guitar player, but he was completely out of his mind. Why the fuck would I write a song about Axl Rose ? What ?
Slash explained, "Oh, well, it just seemed like it as about him. Shit I wrote a whole fucking album about Axl Rose, and he never even knew it."

http://www.gnrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=7193I

Obviously, Slash is exaggerating here, because the "whole fucking album" is not about Axl. Some of those lyrics were written by Eric Dover and are clearly not about Axl (Axl isn't a young girl promised to a wealthy man, didn't jump from a building and splatter on the ground, etc. And "I hate everybody but you" is about Perla, iirc).

But despite all exaggeration, what Slash says means there must be at least a handful of songs on there that were written with Axl in mind, and not just 1 or 2.

Going by the lyrics and everything they've said in interviews over the years, I'd say these songs are about Axl:

- What Do You Want To Be (definitely about Axl)

- Take It Away (same)

- Back And Forth Again

- Good To Be Alive

- maybe the chorus from Beggars & Hangers-On, but the rest of the song doesn't fit

So we've got 4 (maybe 4.5) songs that sound like they could be about Axl. That's still not a lot to justify a claim like "a whole fucking album", but it's more than just the 1 or 2 songs commonly mentioned. And it's also why I pretty strongly believe these songs 4 songs at least have to be about Axl, because if not these, then what else? All the other songs on there just don't fit.

13 hours ago, Blackstar said:

And here's my far-fetched theory. He sings it at almost every show hoping that Dylan will get it and maybe contact him. This would be pathetic, for sure. And yeah, :facepalm:

This theory is terrifying, but not crazy enough enough that I could say he definitely wouldn't do that :scared:

13 hours ago, killuridols said:

omg :rofl-lol: I too think all of that is sooooo pathetic hahahahaaha 

wht the fuck was he smoking when he said that? The kid doesn't give a fuck about him and yeah right, kid is gonna believe this random guy more than his own mother. He calls his mom Prostitute and what the kid is supposed to do? Believe Axl? :rofl-lol:

lol Axl forever :lol:

That's interesting. When did he say that?

There are other people who claim the song is about his mom. I guess that makes more sense to me because I refuse to think Axl could be so pathetic about a woman. Oh please God make TIL go away!!!! :violin:

Yeah, it is incredibly :facepalm: Sometimes I can only stare in amazement at the things going on in his head.

This Slash quote describes it well I think:

"Axl is superintelligent, yet at the same time he lives in a place where the logic that governs other people does not apply."  Yeah, normal people logic definitely doesn't seem to work for Axl. :rolleyes:

Although I personally don't think Prostitute is about Steph. I always thought it was about the band itself. And how Axl had to pull through on his own with that shit and how he's not going to prostitute himself (do what other people want him to do, do a reunion, etc) to please the rest of the world.

Or did he call her a prostitute in TWAT or somewhere else or something? :lol:

12 hours ago, killuridols said:

I don't think she's gonna show up because that'd expose her too much and this is different than before. Now all media is alert about GNR, who comes back from the death to complete the reunion and who's not. Besides TB are acting like idiots lately, they could ask her to leave the venue or something in fear of having Axl freaking out.

No idea how Axl feels about her. I guess he should be grateful she seems to be cool about him, lol. And that YSMANL dedication in the ACDC show maybe is a hint that he is okay with her. I have no clue. Axl is so weird sometimes :wacko:

I'm wondering about the Erin showing up in Atlanta thing as well, but we'll see I guess. Why has TB been acting like idiots lately? Did I miss something?

And yeah, I'd kind of like to have a clear indication of how Axl feels about her as well. If he's really cool with her as well nowadays, that would again show some amazing growth on his part.

BTW, Axl did write something most likely negative about Erin (besides maybe Locomotive which @Blackstar mentioned): Oklahoma. We've never heard it, but the way he talked about it, it's a song he wrote about being pissed off at Erin (he called her "that person" and said she was talking crap or something) and having to sit in a courtroom because of her, while there were these bombings or something going on outside.

8 hours ago, stella said:

I agree that I don't think Dylan would be impressed- he was so little that he likely doesn't even remember Axl, and of course, given the circumstances, it's highly unlikely he'd take Axl's side. But I don't think it's delusional or pathetic that Axl tried to send him such a message - I think it's very sad. Whatever the circumstances between him and Stephanie, Axl seemed to really love that kid, he seemed to spend a lot of time with Dylan, and for a while it seemed that he was going to become the kid's stepfather. Of course he was going to be crushed when that didn't happen. And given all the "evil step parents" we hear about - all the people who alienate their step-kids and treat them like absolute shit - IMHO it's impressive that Axl actually really honestly wanted to take on that role and be there for the kid in a positive way.

Having said that, yeah, I think that bridge is crossed and burned and isn't going to be rebuilt.

I agree that it's very sad, but it does seem pretty crazy to me that he doesn't realize how bizarre this whole idea is.

I've mentioned this before, but I think Axl identified a lot with the whole "young woman with a little boy who now is going to be raised by a stepfather" situation. Axl knew what it's like to be that little boy and also what it's like to have an "evil step parent". And he wanted to do things differently and make things better for Dylan than they had been for himself. I agree that speaks very well for him and it makes my heart ache to think how much he wanted things to work out, but ended up with nothing basically (even if that was at least partly his fault as well).

7 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Thousands of people follow Erin on Instagram, don't worry :lol:

I don't think everything else on CD sucks though. Some of the lyrics (TIL or IRS) are horribly cringeworthy and I can barely listen to these songs (the piano and orchestra only version of TIL is awesome though! :lol:), but I don't mind the lyrics on SOD or Prostitute for example and I love these songs.

3 hours ago, giuls said:

My thoughts exactly, plus, the lyrics "I don't know just what I should do / Everywhere I go I see you" goes on with  "Though it's what you planned 
This much is true" Erin doesn't seem the type to plan something like that and Stephanie moved on quickly with the pregnancy and all that but Slash admitted on Letterman that he fanned the flames of the feud with Axl during the Velvet Revolver period, it wouldn't be a stretch that he did it even before that in more subtle ways and, anyway, Slash is a prominent figure in Axl's life.

I don't think i believe anything Alan said about soul leaving the body, especially after the thing about ACDC being evil :lol:

About It's five O' Clock Somewhere, it doesn't seem to be a Jagger/Richards kind of deal but who know what songs he actually wrote the lyrics for even if i read somewhere that Slash wrote the lyrics for "take it away" but i don't remember where/if it was a reputable source.

Yes, exactly, good point! That line really fits best with Slash as well. Slash did kind of have a "plan" of some kind going on there for a long time where he constantly made Axl look bad in the media while he himself built this image of being the cool, respectful, easy-going and trustworthy guy who had the bad luck of being stuck with a lunatic like Axl. And that strategy worked really well too. The effects of this still can be seen to this day. Reminds me of the lyrics he already wrote for "What Do You Want To Be": "And ya ain't been out in days / Will the sunshine burn your face? / Preserve your precious skin / I'll go out, you stay inAnd that's exactly what happened for many years :wacko:

Didn't the thing about Slash's soul leaving his body come from Tom Zutaut? I thought he said that in the recent BBC documentary. Not that it really matters, but :P

As for the Snakepit songs, I really think it's only the 4, maybe 5 songs I mentioned above.

Edited by Lumikki
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Padme said:

My memory is bad, I'm getting on you know :lol: i remember him logging in and people claiming it was about a woman though. thats about it, I obviously didn't pay very good attention. 

7 minutes ago, Frey said:

I know you didn't make that claim, I was just wondering if there was something I'm missing because otherwise that sounds like a pretty random claim to make.

Maybe he just stopped logging in because he realized we could see that he was online and now he just lurks anonymously :ph34r:

Maybe people thought it was too much of a coincidence to be just a mere coincidence that Dexter was around here at the same the Stepahanie thing was being discussed

20 minutes ago, Frey said:

There's actually a limit to the number of threads one can read when they aren't logged in and it's fairly small (I've discovered this myself when I've been too lazy to log in right away). What's weird is that the forum does give one the ability to log in anonymously and not show up on the list of "who's online" or "who's reading" on the threads. Maybe he just forgot to check that box that day? Or he has a second alias that is totally nondescript that isn't identified with him. For all we know, one of the posters here who just reads all the time and doesn't post very much, if at all, is Axl. Either/or. I wouldn't be surprised if that's the modus operandi for a lot of famous people when they go about online.

Edited by stella

25 minutes ago, Lumikki said:

As for the Snakepit songs being about Axl, Slash said that in his book as well (and the members of Insane Clowne Posse also said in their book that Slash said he'd written all these songs about Axl). I can't find the quote in Slash's book right now, but here's the quote from the ICP people:

Then Slash turned to me. "I got a question, Joe. This song isn't about Axl, is it?"
Wha?
"Well, 'Use Your Illusion,' 'Halls of Illusions' You guys are talking about people who beat their wife and kids; you sure this isn't about Axl?'
I realized then that Slash was a great guitar player, but he was completely out of his mind. Why the fuck would I write a song about Axl Rose ? What ?
Slash explained, "Oh, well, it just seemed like it as about him. Shit I wrote a whole fucking album about Axl Rose, and he never even knew it."

The strangest thing about this to me is that Slash is so obsessed with Axl that he would automatically assume that a random song about child abuse and wife beating must be about him. 

I mean come on, dude. Why would the ICP (of all people) write a song about Axl. They probably didn't even know about Axl's child abuse/wife beating background. Slash and Axl are equally bad when it comes to their obsession with each other.

@stella Yeah, you're probably right about that.

Edited by Frey
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Lumikki said:

I agree that it's very sad, but it does seem pretty crazy to me that he doesn't realize how bizarre this whole idea is.

I've mentioned this before, but I think Axl identified a lot with the whole "young woman with a little boy who now is going to be raised by a stepfather" situation. Axl knew what it's like to be that little boy and also what it's like to have an "evil step parent". And he wanted to do things differently and make things better for Dylan than they had been for himself. I agree that speaks very well for him and it makes my heart ache to think how much he wanted things to work out, but ended up with nothing basically (even if that was at least partly his fault as well).

I agree completely.

In the real world it's definitely out there. On the other hand I've heard of people writing letters to estranged relatives/kids in the hopes they will get them eventually...and I was reading an article about a mother who had lost custody unfairly who had a skywriter write a message so her kids could see it at school...I guess some people do go to extremes with this sort of thing. I'm not saying it's rational or lucid or realistic, but I guess it happens.

37 minutes ago, Lumikki said:

I'm wonder about the Erin showing up in Atlanta thing as well, but we'll see I guess. Why has TB been acting like idiots lately? Did I miss something?

And yeah, I'd kind of like to have a clear indication of how Axl feels about her as well. If he's really cool with her as well nowadays, that would again show some amazing growth on his part.

BTW, Axl did write something most likely negative about Erin (besides maybe Locomotive which @Blackstar mentioned): Oklahoma. We've never heard it, but the way he talked about it, it's a song he wrote about being pissed off at Erin (he called her "that person" and said she was talking crap or something) and having to sit in a courtroom because of her, while there were these bombings or something going on outside.

Because of the whole sign removal at the shows and how they get rude with the fans.

Pleasee tell me more about this Oklahoma song... where and when did he say it's a song about Erin? She never talked bad about him anywhere :shrugs:

He didn't have to sit in a courtroom because of Erin. It was Stephanie who sued him back when Axl, butthurt because of her leaving him for Brant, sued her first claiming that Stephanie physically hurt him :lol:. He put himself in that whole mess and lost it so bad.

Yes, there was this Oklahoma song. Axl said he was in court because of the Erin lawsuit. That same day the Oklahoma FBI Headquarter there got bombed by this guy Timmothy McVeigh. And Axl was wondering how was it possible that he was in court listening to Erin's statment when such tragedy was taking place in Oklahoma. That was 1995. Axl talked about it a lot later. But I don't remember when the interview took place.

47 minutes ago, Frey said:

The strangest thing about this to me is that Slash is so obsessed with Axl that he would automatically assume that a random song about child abuse and wife beating must be about him. 

I mean come on, dude. Why would the ICP (of all people) write a song about Axl. They probably didn't even know about Axl's child abuse/wife beating background. Slash and Axl are equally bad when it comes to their obsession with each other.

@stella Yeah, you're probably right about that.

Yeah, that's a good point as well.

If you look at it like that, Slash really was acting pretty strange in the whole scence described in that book. I agree, they're both obsessed with each other :wow::facepalm:

And Axl's personal life and struggles is clearly something Slash is very familiar with and which seemed to be on his mind a lot...

23 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Because of the whole sign removal at the shows and how they get rude with the fans.

Pleasee tell me more about this Oklahoma song... where and when did he say it's a song about Erin? She never talked bad about him anywhere :shrugs:

He didn't have to sit in a courtroom because of Erin. It was Stephanie who sued him back when Axl, butthurt because of her leaving him for Brant, sued her first claiming that Stephanie physically hurt him :lol:. He put himself in that whole mess and lost it so bad.

No, I know that Steph sued him and everything, but Axl specifically talked about a court date with Erin. I just googled and found the quote:

Another song, called "Oklahoma" – heard tonight only as an instrumental – was inspired by a court date with ex-wife Erin Everly. "I was sitting in my litigation with my ex-wife, and it was the day after the bombing," Rose remembers with a wince. "We had a break, and I'm sitting with my attorneys with a sort of smile on my face, more like a nervous thing – it was like, 'Forgive me, people, I'm having trouble taking this seriously.' It's just ironic that we're sitting there and this person is spewing all kinds of things and 168 people just got killed. And this person I'm sitting there with, she don't care. Obliterating me is their goal."

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/features/axl-speaks-20000203?page=2

45 minutes ago, stella said:

I agree completely.

In the real world it's definitely out there. On the other hand I've heard of people writing letters to estranged relatives/kids in the hopes they will get them eventually...and I was reading an article about a mother who had lost custody unfairly who had a skywriter write a message so her kids could see it at school...I guess some people do go to extremes with this sort of thing. I'm not saying it's rational or lucid or realistic, but I guess it happens.

Yeah, true. Emotions aren't exactly rational. But I hope he's finally gotten over all that by now.

Edited by Lumikki
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Lumikki said:

Slash mentioned the story about Axl calling his father to get him to convince Slash to stay in his book I think. If not in his book, then in some interview. And yes, it's sad, Axl must have been really desperate not to lose Slash. :(

Okay, I just looked it up, Slash definitely mentioned that incident in his book (as well as somewhere else I think). He didn't just call Slash's dad, but also Renee:

"In the short run, no one in the Guns corporation actually believed that I was done. Axl contacted those closest to me, telling them that I should change my mind. He called my dad, my security guard, my wife, Renee, and told each of them that I was making the biggest mistake of my life. He said that I was pissing away so much money because of my decision. But none of that mattered to me. I was done. The camel’s back had been broken and there was no going back."

Wha?

Obviously, Slash is exaggerating here, because the "whole fucking album" is not about Axl. Some of those lyrics were written by Eric Dover and are clearly not about Axl (Axl isn't a young girl promised to a wealthy man, didn't jump from a building and splatter on the ground, etc. And "I hate everybody but you is about Perla, iirc).

But despite all exaggeration, what Slash says means there must be at least a handful of songs on there that were written with Axl in mind, and not just 1 or 2.

Going by the lyrics and everything they've said in interviews over the years, I'd say these songs are about Axl:

- What Do You Want To Be (definitely about Axl)

- Take It Away (same)

- Back And Forth Again

- Good To Be Alive

- maybe the chorus from Beggars & Hangers-On, but the rest of the song doesn't fit

So we've got 4 (maybe 4.5) songs that sound like they could be about Axl. That's still not a lot to justify a claim like "a whole fucking album", but it's more than just the 1 or 2 songs commonly mentioned. And it's also why I pretty strongly believe these songs 4 songs at least have to be about Axl, because if not these, then what else? All the other songs on there just don't fit.

Yes, exactly, good point! That line really fits best with Slash as well. Slash did kind of have a "plan" of some kind going on there for a long time where he constantly made Axl look bad in the media while he himself built this image of being the cool, respectful, easy-going and trustworthy guy who had the bad luck of being stuck with a lunatic like Axl. And that strategy worked really well too. The effects of this still can be seen to this day. Reminds me of the lyrics he already wrote for "What Do You Want To Be": "And ya ain't been out in days / Will the sunshine burn your face? / Preserve your precious skin / I'll go out, you stay inAnd that's exactly what happened for many years :wacko:

Didn't the thing about Slash's soul leaving his body come from Tom Zutaut? I thought he said that in the recent BBC documentary. Not that it really matters, but :P

As for the Snakepit songs, I really think it's only the 4, maybe 5 songs I mentioned above.

About the ICP quote, oh my god, people say that Axl  was the obsessed and bitter one but 1) how would he ever think that a ICP lyrics it's about Axl, did he ever meet them?

2) and then the quote goes on: "Then he started talking to me about how much he hated Axl Rose. "Yeah, fuck that cocksucker..."
"Yeah, well, Slash, bro, this song ain't nothing to do with him," I said quickly.
Slash wasn't going to let it go. He looked me right in the eye.
"You a fan of Axl?" he asked.
Oh shit man. I was stuck, because I did like Axl. In fact, I'm a huge fan of the whole band, but fuck that. Axl ain't here hookin' up our album, so fuck him. I'm down with Slash; in fact, I would've even helped Slash jump that fucker, Axl, if he wanted me to.
"No. I'm a fan of the music of Guns 'n Roses," I said. "I've never met him or nothing."
"Yeah, well, he's a fucking asshole."

I'm chocking on the bitterness here, i don't know how no-one has ever closed them inside a room so they could talk, it's ridiculous.

Yes, it was Tom, my bad :P

• Like 1