New Troubadour Footage

On 02/06/2016 at 5:52 PM, MrSoftie said:

The hatred on the youtube comments, yeeesh. Completely undeserved too.

I'll be honest, I hope they never release this show in full. Wait until the the tour kicks off properly now that Axl's vocals are plenty warmed up and record one of those. The first of the tour is never the best, vocally or musically.

LOL are you serious? i hope they release it ASAP, since axl sounded killer...

18 hours ago, sanity_lost said:

I also prefer the songs to be a little slower than they are playing them. However. I cannot blame that on Frank. If Axl and Slash want the songs played with a quicker tempo then he is going to play them that way. There is no way of knowing unless one of the band actually says something and I don't see that as likely. 

tempo is one thing and I highly doubt Axl/Slash want it played fast, completely fucking up and sabotaging Jungle is a whole different story. Maybe Frank is not happy the other guys were forced out and now he has to play with Slash and duff who he had no relationship with

Edited by Top-Hatted One

21 hours ago, ludurigan said:

wow, lets blame The Troubadour and the drum kit!

sorry for being so clueless about basic laws of acoustic physics audio laws physics...

wait, WHAT?

:rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

keep them coming! 

I've linked a 30 years old show and Steven's drumkit sounds almost exactly the same at the same venue

It's the environment

If this is funny to you, fine

huehuehue moron

Edited by Strange Broue

11 hours ago, TheSeeker said:

Frank fucks up a lot - he's incapable of improvising when shit goes wrong

With Slash and Duff, guys who are used to playing looser, that's no good

Adler and Brain were always good with compensating for Axl or the rest of the band fucking up 

Brain was probably the shittiest replacement ever for AFD songs. I've saw him with GNR and his playing on AFD songs and some UYI songs are pure utter shit

He maybe a technically gifted drummer, but he doesn't have any groove on his playing

10 hours ago, rendestroi95 said:

LOL are you serious? i hope they release it ASAP, since axl sounded killer...

Absolutely, I think it'll be one of the weakest vocal performances of the tour. Not that it's bad, by any means, it beats anything from 2011-2014, but it's clearly not Axl's best either (see AXL/DC).

4 hours ago, Top-Hatted One said:

tempo is one thing and I highly doubt Axl/Slash want it played fast, completely fucking up and sabotaging Jungle is a whole different story. Maybe Frank is not happy the other guys were forced out and now he has to play with Slash and duff who he had no relationship with

The band has a whole agree on the tempo. They have rehearsed together where they set a tempo for the songs - they don't change it when they go on stage. An experienced drummer like Frank doesn't sabotage. You can criticize his performance but not his professionalism. Some 'ifs', 'maybes' and plenty of bull in your post.

• Like 1

On 04/06/2016 at 9:04 AM, F*ck Fear said:

What I do not understand is the hate for Frank. The man has been behind the kit in this band for 10 years! I know people had their opinions on him before but it's crazy now. He does a hella good job, and people need to realize Adler will only make guest appearances.

Ill tell you what.... when/if Steven makes a guest appearance, whether it be for one sing, or for a full show or whatever it is... you can bet your bottom dollar there is going to be some very close scrutiny and comparisons to Franks playing.

8 hours ago, PsychoKiss344 said:

I wonder if this source has the whole show

The description of the videos by Loudwire says that Live Nation, who is producing the GNR Tour, provided the footage, so it's like an 'oficial' source. Maybe this be part of the footage that will be, possibly, released as a the DVD/Bluray on the future.

• Like 1

I dont get why people hate Frank, he may play faster but Axl said that Duff and Slash practiced with him a lot and since they've played 7 shows together and they've been practicing for months. Maybe thats how they want it to be played, maybe Slash and Duff want a faster tempo. Rocket Queen with the long 5 minute solo wounds great with the faster tempo imagine that with a slow tempo it would sound way too long and grueling. Just because Adler played it a certain way doesnt mean it has to be played that way, Sorum played songs very differently.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, darkknite63 said:

I dont get why people hate Frank, he may play faster but Axl said that Duff and Slash practiced with him a lot and since they've played 7 shows together and they've been practicing for months. Maybe thats how they want it to be played, maybe Slash and Duff want a faster tempo. Rocket Queen with the long 5 minute solo wounds great with the faster tempo imagine that with a slow tempo it would sound way too long and grueling. Just because Adler played it a certain way doesnt mean it has to be played that way, Sorum played songs very differently.

Frank has changed the way he plays the songs if we compare with the CD tour, and I think band member told him to do it. It's like Chris Slade with AC/DC, he plays slowler now than how he used to play

I have no idea why people hate Frank, either. The only song that there were any problems with was Civil War, and the ENTIRE BAND seems to be playing at a different speed for that. It's a mess from everyone involved.

Slash has played everything (GNR, VR, SP, SMK) faster than the record for years. I'm sure Frank playing faster with Slash back in the band has nothing to do with that, and everything to do with him being the worst drummer to ever live.

Edited by Stro