New Troubadour Footage

I never liked the sound of Franks kit. On CD or live. His playings fine on most of the songs (except TWAT live & Estranged, too many unnecessary fills)

Edited by Mendez

4 hours ago, ludurigan said:

thats the only possible explanation

but then again why was zig zag there for?

to appeal for what generation?

:blink:

Well, he did the harmonica on Bad Obsession, didn't he? We're still trying to work out what this young girl does? Then again we spent fifteen years trying to work out similar with Pitman to no avail!

4 hours ago, ludurigan said:

thats utter bullshit

rio 1991 sounds glorious - both musically and vocally

first acdc show in lisbon sounded good/great

Thanks, no your opinion is utter bullshit! :)

18 hours ago, sanity_lost said:

I am sorry, but I had to laugh at your comment. It is just the way you wrote it tickled my funny bone as how it reads (with out reading between the lines from previous subjects) makes it seem like we need Izzy to get in there on vocals to give this any chance of being good (or maybe Izzy in there on drums and Matt in there on vocals).

You said Drums were awful (Frank) and Vocals (Axl) were awful. Then immediately stated "the inclusion of those two clowns instead of Izzy and Matt totally destroys any chances of this being good". So we need to subtract Frank and Axl the clowns and add Matt and Izzy to give it a chance in being good.

I know that is not what you meant (and I disagree with what you meant, but that is besides the point), but still it is where my brain first when I read your comment and it made me laugh.

Fuck, I agree :P it does sound weird when your read it like that.  Obviously not what I meant.

17 hours ago, Vissud said:

So "RIGHT"  is just want you want, and not what the people in the band may want?  They don't owe you anything.  If this destroys any chance of this being any good (you're most definitely wrong about that), then go away and bother some other fans.

The only reason I would accept for Izzy not being there, is if Izzy didn't WANT to be there.  As of now, we don't know.  If Axl/Slash/Duff didn't WANT Izzy there, if they seriously preferred Fortus/Frank over Izzy/Matt, then this whole thing is just as ridiculous as the last 15 years have been.  Those two may be the best musicians in the world for all I care, they are NOT GNR.

They don't owe me anything.  I don't owe them anything either.  They are free to do whatever they want.  I am free to think whatever I want of them.

Oh and by the way, if having a different opinion from yours is bothering you (and/or other fans), then go away and don't waste your time on DISCUSSION FORUMS.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

Well, he did the harmonica on Bad Obsession, didn't he? We're still trying to work out what this young girl does? Then again we spent fifteen years trying to work out similar with Pitman to no avail!

exactly!

Hopefully Axl will have new opinions now after the AC/DC gigs and go back to the raw sound without Melissa Reese and Frank Ferrer and bring back Steven Adler. One can hope for Izzy Stradlin as well. Steven sounds fantastic everytime he plays, Axl should take a listen and compare Steven and Frank. I'm team Steven all the way! (Not just for nostalgia).

If they refuse to have Steven Adler in the band they should ask Robban Eriksson from The Hellacopters he has the same kind of rawness in his drumming as Steven Adler.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Strange Broue said:

Finally someone with good ears and braincells and actual musical knowledge

Fuck these noob haters:facepalm:

:rofl-lol:

The master has spoken, guys. All the rest of us losers who see Frank's shit drumming is shit can take our noob asses back home. We don't deserve his techno-industrial-tribal-fit-every-drum-in-every-fill sonic excellence. Shame on us for having deluded ourselves into believing we know anything about music, right? :D

• Like 4

5 hours ago, ludurigan said:

please keep them coming!

this is the funniest stuff I have read in 2016!

because his drumkit, not because his playing... That's what we are talking about but it seems that a lot of people mistake the two...

jesus Christ, it's really hard to grasp basic audio acoustic laws?

are you really this clueless about basic physics?:facepalm: If this is somehow funny to you, then i don't know what to tell you, the joke is on you

Edited by Strange Broue

1 hour ago, nonok said:

:rofl-lol:

The master has spoken, guys. All the rest of us losers who see Frank's shit drumming is shit can take our noob asses back home. We don't deserve his techno-industrial-tribal-fit-every-drum-in-every-fill sonic excellence. Shame on us for having deluded ourselves into believing we know anything about music, right? :D

what the fuck are you talking about and why are you being so edgy? I never said that Frank is a better drummer, just not THAT bad as some of you guys trying to claim he is....

That being said, i don't like when they play faster than usual. maybe that is why you guys think that Frank fucks up everything? 

What techno-industrial fills? The last i've heard that something in "GNR"'s music was in 2001- 2002 when Shitman and Buckethead got their own solo spots... 

Edited by Strange Broue
  • Like 1

Just now, Strange Broue said:

what the fuck are you talking about and why are you being so edgy? I never said that Frank is a better drummer, just not THAT bad as some of you guys trying to claim he is....

What techno-industrial fills? The last i've heard that something in GNR"'s music was in 2001- 2002 when Shitman and Buckethead got their own solo spots... 

You were being edgy and condescending with the "noob haters" thing and shrugging off the fact that a lot of people here do have vast musical knowledge and are musicians of their own. And besides, one doesn't have to be a professional musician to tell if something sounds good or not. Currently Frank plays so fast and pounds every single drum so much, that nearly all the songs have lost their groove, especially ones like Rocket Queen and the ballads. Guns is a rock n' roll band, not a speed metal one. It's clearly making Slash and Duff lose their footing at times, too, Slash has to stumble through his solos to keep up sometimes. I hope with the rehearsals they've fixed that.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, nonok said:

You were being edgy and condescending with the "noob haters" thing and shrugging off the fact that a lot of people here do have vast musical knowledge and are musicians of their own. And besides, one doesn't have to be a professional musician to tell if something sounds good or not. Currently Frank plays so fast and pounds every single drum so much, that nearly all the songs have lost their groove, especially ones like Rocket Queen and the ballads. Guns is a rock n' roll band, not a speed metal one. It's clearly making Slash and Duff lose their footing at times, too, Slash has to stumble through his solos to keep up sometimes. I hope with the rehearsals they've fixed that.

I wasn't being edgy, just fed up with the constant bashing, because it's not THAT bad. I've heard worse (like when Brain tried to play AFD songs etc. he was so off and his drum sounds like a thin shit kit, Frank is still better than him) 

vast? fact? :lol: okay, i take your word for it but it's odd that some people is not even able to differentiate when a drummer plays bad and when his kit sounds bad... But i believe we are talking about two dirrefent things now

I don't know either why he plays so fast, on the Troubadour gig, the whole set was fast, on another shows, maybe because of the curfew? I really don't know. Yeah ballads doesn't need fast playing, but the AFD stuff could benefit from faster playing, but only if Slash Axl and the rest of the band can keep up :lol:  maybe Slash fucks up things too? (i know, i know that it's an unorthodox thought, but it's possible)

I'm willing to bet that iT's because of curfews or because Axl just wants to do it fast and cash out as fast as he can, because he still hate Slash:wow: Fuck knows

Edited by Strange Broue

1 minute ago, Strange Broue said:

I wasn't being edgy, just fed up woth the constant bashing, because it''s not THAT bad

vast? fact? :lol: okay, i take your word for it but it's odd that some people is not even able to differentiate when a drummer plays bad and when his kit sounds bad... But i believe we are talking about two dirrefetn things now

I don't know either why he plays so fast, on the Troubadour gig, the whole set was fast, on another shows, maybe because of the curfew? I really don't know. Yeah ballads doesn't need fast playing, but the AFD stuff could benefit from faster playing, but only if Slash Axl and the rest of the band can keep up :lol:  maybe Slash fucks up things too? (i know, i know that it's an unorthodox thought, but it's possible)

I'm willing to bet that iT's because of curfews or because Axl just wants to do it fast and cash out as fast as he can, because he still hate Slash:wow: Fuck knows

Well, seeing as how Slash plays better with SMKC (someone's gonna have my head for that comment, I know it), at least for the first couple of shows, then his problem is most likely having a hard time fitting in with the new lineup. Oh, he definitely fucks up, especially on the ballads. I'm just saying he looks like he's unable to keep up with the speed on some songs (i.e. DTJ, YCBM).

Hah, I actually think some of the AFD stuff could benefit from slower playing. I guess it's a matter of preference. For me songs like Think About You and You're crazy should be a bit slower. Hell, even that Sweet Child demo sounds better to me because it's more melodic. But for other songs, like ISE for example, speed works.

Hmm, you might be onto something if I really think about it. Maybe Axl told Frank to have his drum kit look like Steven's but play the songs out of tempo just to piss Slash off that he can't have a full reunion? And Slash is now in London so that Axl's forced to look at him the entire AC/DC show and be tempted to make security kick him out. :blink:

Just now, nonok said:

Well, seeing as how Slash plays better with SMKC (someone's gonna have my head for that comment, I know it), at least for the first couple of shows, then his problem is most likely having a hard time fitting in with the new lineup. Oh, he definitely fucks up, especially on the ballads. I'm just saying he looks like he's unable to keep up with the speed on some songs (i.e. DTJ, YCBM).

Hah, I actually think some of the AFD stuff could benefit from slower playing. I guess it's a matter of preference. For me songs like Think About You and You're crazy should be a bit slower. Hell, even that Sweet Child demo sounds better to me because it's more melodic. But for other songs, like ISE for example, speed works.

Hmm, you might be onto something if I really think about it. Maybe Axl told Frank to have his drum kit look like Steven's but play the songs out of tempo just to piss Slash off that he can't have a full reunion? And Slash is now in London so that Axl's forced to look at him the entire AC/DC show and be tempted to make security kick him out. :blink:

I hear you...

saw him 2 times on the SMKC tours, and his playing was flawless, i'd say because he wasn't fucked up like the good old days :lol: Still, even with DTJ, he sounded "flat" on SMKC. and with GNR

YCBM is my fav GNR song ever but ironically i always thought that his solo is one of the weaker ones there. Both live and on the record. it's just sound off to me:shrugs:

To each his own, then. AFD You're crazy is as good as the slower version, imho.

I've said it before and i say it now: I haven't heard a proper Mr. Brownstone since Steven left... not with Matt, not with Brain, not with Frank. That intro is just groovy and screams for Steven's groove

This whole reunion so far seemed a bit far fetched, on the Troub show, it makes sense that they play fast and doesn't play too much ballads. But on the full shows... well it was odd

As for the conspiracy theory:

"Thanks to the lame ass top hat who stalk me when i perform with my childhood idol, i'm going home"

1 hour ago, Strange Broue said:

That being said, i don't like when they play faster than usual. maybe that is why you guys think that Frank fucks up everything?

What techno-industrial fills? The last i've heard that something in "GNR"'s music was in 2001- 2002 when Shitman and Buckethead got their own solo spots...

I don't 'think' Frank fucks everything up, and I don't think he's a bad musician, he just plays the GNR songs wrong.  He's been playing them long enough, and he still manages to screw up the patterns and the speed.  There's also zero groove.   It was a capital mistake not to include Matt, I've never heard a drummer play the GNR catalogue better than Matt.  Only if Matt were dead should they include Steven.  If Steven were also dead (which would be more likely), they should include Brent Fitz.

• Like 1

I also prefer the songs to be a little slower than they are playing them. However. I cannot blame that on Frank. If Axl and Slash want the songs played with a quicker tempo then he is going to play them that way. There is no way of knowing unless one of the band actually says something and I don't see that as likely. 

3 hours ago, Strange Broue said:

because his drumkit, not because his playing... That's what we are talking about but it seems that a lot of people mistake the two...

jesus Christ, it's really hard to grasp basic audio acoustic laws?

are you really this clueless about basic physics?:facepalm: If this is somehow funny to you, then i don't know what to tell you, the joke is on you

wow, lets blame The Troubadour and the drum kit!

sorry for being so clueless about basic laws of acoustic physics audio laws physics...

wait, WHAT?

:rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

keep them coming! 

1 hour ago, Nikki_Sixx said:

I don't 'think' Frank fucks everything up, and I don't think he's a bad musician, he just plays the GNR songs wrong.  He's been playing them long enough, and he still manages to screw up the patterns and the speed.  There's also zero groove.   It was a capital mistake not to include Matt, I've never heard a drummer play the GNR catalogue better than Matt.  Only if Matt were dead should they include Steven.  If Steven were also dead (which would be more likely), they should include Brent Fitz.

actually any half decent drummer would NOT destroy the songs the way this Frank dude is destroying them

i can not believe that axl, slash and duff are accepting this

well, actually, thinking again, 

I have just realized that I should actually expect them to accept this 

since these are the same three guys that toured for an entire fucking year with tracy, zig zag and the whole fucking circus in 1992

• Like 1

My favourite drummer for the "Not In This Life… Tour" would be Bryan Mantia. But It's not like that I'm depressed that Frank is on board. 

Edited by Sosso

What I do not understand is the hate for Frank. The man has been behind the kit in this band for 10 years! I know people had their opinions on him before but it's crazy now. He does a hella good job, and people need to realize Adler will only make guest appearances.

3 hours ago, F*ck Fear said:

What I do not understand is the hate for Frank. The man has been behind the kit in this band for 10 years! I know people had their opinions on him before but it's crazy now. He does a hella good job, and people need to realize Adler will only make guest appearances.

Frank fucks up a lot - he's incapable of improvising when shit goes wrong

With Slash and Duff, guys who are used to playing looser, that's no good

Adler and Brain were always good with compensating for Axl or the rest of the band fucking up 

Frank Ferrer is a terrible drummer. I have seen better covers by amateur drummers on YouTube.

People are being brutal towards Axl in the YouTube comments sections of these videos. Totally different from the comments he is getting on ACDC videos.

He better bring it this summer and change people's opinions.

3 hours ago, F*ck Fear said:

The man is terrible. You will soon realize this when Adler plays with the band on a few songs. The difference will be night and day,