Shows from the early days (1985-1988) - random appreciation thread, post your fav boots here

Here you can hear a lot of rarely heard recordings from their earliest dayshttps://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBZx1RBOnUxsT0jdtyYtR3w

Thought that it's worth a share here

I really dig when they play those early songs. Shadow of Your Love and Anything Goes and Think About You and hell, even Out'ta Get Me is underrated

Axl already showed his talent in 1985 (check out the end of this recording, where he sing Heartbreak Hotel without the instruments)

Damn, i'd gladly pay some money for these 1985 shows

Great 1987 show with decent sound quality

One of the best shows from the 1987 tour  (Fred Coury filled in on drums, because Steven broke his hand) You can hear Slash very-very clearly and the blues jam in the middle is awesome

Set list:

Reckless Life
Shadow Of Your Love
Welcome To The Jungle
Jumpin' Jack Flash
Think About You
Move To The City
Don't Cry
Nice Boys
Back Off Bitch
Rocket Queen
Nightrain
My Michelle
Paradise City
Anything Goes (Alt. Lyrics)
Mama Kin
Heartbreak Hotel
Goodnight Tonight

19 hours ago, Strange Broue said:

Here you can hear a lot of rarely heard recordings from their earliest dayshttps://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBZx1RBOnUxsT0jdtyYtR3w

Thought that it's worth a share here

I really dig when they play those early songs. Shadow of Your Love and Anything Goes and Think About You and hell, even Out'ta Get Me is underrated

Axl already showed his talent in 1985 (check out the end of this recording, where he sing Heartbreak Hotel without the instruments)

Damn, i'd gladly pay some money for these 1985 shows

Great 1987 show with decent sound quality

One of the best shows from the 1987 tour  (Fred Coury filled in on drums, because Steven broke his hand) You can hear Slash very-very clearly and the blues jam in the middle is awesome

Never heard the Pasedena show,they are on fucking fire. Best You're Crazy ever.

The 'Halloween On The Horizon' show. One of the first bootlegs I heard, the quality is about what you'd expect from an 80's audience recording. Still, one of my favorites.

Good quality of an early GNR club show, need I say more?

Just a solid performance from a band entering its peak. Dunno why but I've always liked this particular show.

And of course, the newfound footage of this gig is pretty fuckin' awesome.

Edited by Gordon Comstock
  • Like 1