Mass Shooting in Orlando Gay Club, 50 killed

Len Cnut

1 minute ago, Len B'stard said:

I think his point is if theres less of them there then there's less likelihood of it happening, pretty logical.  I'm pro guns by the way but i cant deny the common sense in what hes saying.  

Had there been a "no fly list" and proper background checks he wouldn't have been able to purchase a gun of any kind. But thanks to gun rights twats, he was able to and killed a bunch of people. 

1 minute ago, Georgy Zhukov said:

Had there been a "no fly list" and proper background checks he wouldn't have been able to purchase a gun of any kind. But thanks to gun rights twats, he was able to and killed a bunch of people. 

To be fair, if he didn't have guns (and I'm in favor of sensible background checks) he could have just driven a truck bomb into the place and killed as many gay people as he wanted to.

Just now, The Archer said:

To be fair, if he didn't have guns (and I'm in favor of sensible background checks) he could have just driven a truck bomb into the place and killed as many gay people as he wanted to.

Yes, he could, but chances are it would be less likely he would do it.

1 minute ago, The Archer said:

Always the arguement gun rights people fall back on. You know what? Let him. Instead of making it easier for him to buy guns, let him blow his face off in an attempt to make bombs. 

Why do you think that? The Oklahoma bomber and the 9/11 hijackers didn't need guns and they killed lots more people.

Because it takes less of an effort to take a gun to a killing than to make a bomb. If guns were harder to get hold of, there would be MUCH less gun homocides but only a slight increase in bomb attacks.

Edited by SoulMonster

4 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

According to CNN, the perpetrator called 911 and swore allegiance to ISIL before the shootings.

5 minutes ago, Georgy Zhukov said:

Always the arguement gun rights people fall back on. You know what? Let him. Instead of making it easier for him to buy guns, let him blow his face off in an attempt to make bombs. 

This isn't really about being pro-gun or anti-gun and the guns are incidental - all this dude wanted was to go home to his 72 virgins.

Edited by The Archer

4 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Because it takes less of an effort to take a gun to a killing than to make a bomb. If guns were harder to get hold of, there would be MUCH less gun homocides but only a slight increase in bomb attacks.

In general, maybe. But in the case of terrorists who just want to kill as many people as possible, if guns were harder to get a hold of, bomb attacks would just go up.

3 minutes ago, The Archer said:

This isn't really about being pro-gun or anti-gun and the guns are incidental - all this dude wanted was to go home to his 72 virgins.

According to his father this wasn't a premediated thing, he happened to see gay men kissing before his child and wife and this somehow set him off. I suppose he felt "insulted" by the sight. If so, it was like most gun homicides: a spontaneous attack. Unfortunately, he had guns as home. Many people do. So while enraged he could commit this awful crime. Very few people have truck bombs waiting at home. There is no "truck bomb culture" in the USA. Truck bombs are used by a different type of killer, the planning terrorist. And again, if we are to believe his father, he wasn't of that type. Just a religious nutcase who happened to have a few guns lying around, like so many Americans.

Edited by SoulMonster

In general, maybe. But in the case of terrorists who just want to kill as many people as possible, if guns were harder to get a hold of, bomb attacks would just go up.

You have to differentiate between the planning terrorist and just religuous nutcases who do awful things when enraged. This seems to have been the latter. But even when it comes to planning terrorists, many prefer guns. This should imply that with less guns to get their hands on, they would be less likely to do any terror. It could also be that making truck bombs isn't that easy. Well, it is, but you need quite a lot of chemicals that are monitored by FBI etc. So if you are already on the watchlist you don't want to go to a farm store and buy a few tonnes of fertilizer. What you can do, though, is get guns on the black market.

5 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

According to his father this wasn't a premediated thing, he happened to see gay men kissing before his child and wife and this somehow set him off. I suppose he felt "insulted" by the sight. If so, it was like most gun homicides: a spontaneous attack. Unfortunately, he had guns as home. Many people do. So while enraged he could commit this awful crime. Very few people have truck bombs waiting at home. There is no "truck bomb culture" in the USA. Truck bombs are used by a different type of killer, the planning terrorist. And again, if we are to believe his father, he wasn't of that type. Just a religious nutcase who happened to have a few guns lying around, like so many Americans.

Well, maybe - it's too early to say. I thought that the guy was divorced and didn't have children. He was born in '86 in the USA and never say gay, or images of gay people kiss before? It's difficult to imagine his homophobia wasn't accelerated by a sudden conversion to Jihadiism (and possibly, the promise of unlimited heterosexual intercourse in the afterlife). True, there is no truck bomb culture in the US but it isn't too much of a stretch to imagine a religious nutcase settling on a truck bomb as the most effective means of killing, if guns aren't available.

1 minute ago, SoulMonster said:

You have to differentiate between the planning terrorist and just religuous nutcases who do awful things when enraged. This seems to have been the latter. But even when it comes to planning terrorists, many prefer guns. This should imply that with less guns to get their hands on, they would be less likely to do any terror. It could also be that making truck bombs isn't that easy. Well, it is, but you need quite a lot of chemicals that are monitored by FBI etc. So if you are already on the watchlist you don't want to go to a farm store and buy a few tonnes of fertilizer. What you can do, though, is get guns on the black market.

The two sets aren't necessarily mutually exclusive. The 9/11 hijackers are a good example. They were religious nut-cases as well as 'planning' terrorists. Also, if you're on a watch-list, all it means is that you need to spread out your purchases and be more careful.

2 minutes ago, Georgy Zhukov said:

If he gets 72 virgins it will be 72 repressed homosexuals. 

:lol:

The irony is that because of this massacre more Americans will go out and buy weapons because they are afraid and hope that guns wil save them. The weapon sale gets a boost after each reported gun killing.

And non-muslims will blant muslims for the horror while muslims themselves will say how sad it is that some who claimed to be a muslim, one of them, did such an awful thing even if most of them will agree that homosexuality is wrong. He just took it too far.

2 minutes ago, The Archer said:

Well, maybe - it's too early to say. I thought that the guy was divorced and didn't have children. He was born in '86 in the USA and never say gay, or images of gay people kiss before? It's difficult to imagine his homophobia wasn't accelerated by a sudden conversion to Jihadiism (and possibly, the promise of unlimited heterosexual intercourse in the afterlife). True, there is no truck bomb culture in the US but it isn't too much of a stretch to imagine a religious nutcase settling on a truck bomb as the most effective means of killing, if guns aren't available.

The two sets aren't necessarily mutually exclusive. The 9/11 hijackers are a good example. They were religious nut-cases as well as 'planning' terrorists. Also, if you're on a watch-list, all it means is that you need to spread out your purchases and be more careful.

Yes, it might have been premidiated. We will know in a few hours, I suppose.

Yes, some planning terrorists prefer truck bombs. They will continue to do so. I am talking about those planning terrorists who prefer hand guns, like those in Paris and Copenhagen. With no access to hand guns most of these terrorists would probably not be terrorists anymore, because truck bombs are not that easy to get hold of and it takes a lot more of work and risk.

7 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Yes, it might have been premidiated. We will know in a few hours, I suppose.

Yes, some planning terrorists prefer truck bombs. They will continue to do so. I am talking about those planning terrorists who prefer hand guns, like those in Paris and Copenhagen. With no access to hand guns most of these terrorists would probably not be terrorists anymore, because truck bombs are not that easy to get hold of and it takes a lot more of work and risk.

It doesn't matter to these people how they kill as long as they kill and kill a lot.

Truck bombs for example, were very effective in the middle east and were elevated into an art form in the West Bank and Gaza and Lebanon.  That expertise can't be too hard to acquire. The Paris and Copenhagen attacks were modeled on the Mumbai attacks, and these kinds of attacks are  successful because the terrorists can intimidate and cause chaos and panic in a densely populated urban location, and pick off as many people as they can.

But, that's just one form of terrorist attack. Homegrown jihadis would just want to kill as many people as they can - with guns, or otherwise. Poisoning the water system, bombs, guns, it's all possible. As long as they kill infidels, they get their 72 virgins. it doesn't matter how.