Richard Fortus (Appreciation Thread)

On ‎2016‎-‎07‎-‎04 at 7:21 AM, Silverburst80 said:

I really like what he's doing in the Civil War intro with the harmonics and his whammy bar, i don't know if he did that with nu-guns or whatever but it adds a cool spooky atmosphere to the intro.

He played Slash's part in previous years so the harmonics thing is something new. I agree that his use of the Bigsby is pretty tasteful. Small changes like that are cool with me when they actually enhance the sound rather than take away from it.

• Like 1

Fortus is an amazing guitar player, and it's great to see him gaining some more spotlight for his skills. He also doesn't have a huge ego, so playing a background role fits him well.

And yes, just because I appreciate Fortus doesn't mean I discount Izzy and his contributions 20+ years ago.

Fortus and Chill.

Fortus doesn't bother me a bit, there's the big three to watch and listen to. I was pretty sure from the beginning it was going to be Axl Slash and Duff, no chance of Izzy returning. If Izzy had returned, be sure Fortus would be there on stage or maybe behind the curtains to play additional parts. Izzy is not able to play a 20+ songs setlist anymore and I don't know if he knows how a modern rock show works.

This hybrid lineup is not the perfect reunion but I guess it's best we'll ever get. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

True that...

The guy hasn't stopped working at his playing even though he's got nothing to prove which i really admire, he would completely slay on stage no matter who was playing with him. Now if we are talking from a creative standpoint then yes history shows Izzy brings the best out of him.. and vise versa.

On 05/07/2016 at 7:37 PM, slitherz said:

I was hoping for Slash/Fortus duo since reunion rumors started... and I'm not disappointed :headbang: 

Hope to hear someday some studio songs from them!

We will DEFINITELY hear studio songs with this fantastic Slash/Fortus combo :headbang:

• Like 1

Richard's onstage style is so cool and he rips that guitar up every night. Talent to watch and his KOHD parts are some of my favorite aspects of a GNR show.

Edited by Un42nutzly