Fan Says "Where's Izzy" Sign Was Removed By Security

8 minutes ago, nonok said:

Go Fernando, go! You show 'em what TB stands for and consistently make the band you work for look like a bunch of immature psychos! :headbang:

lol maybe this is all an act, a performance to conmemorate 1991-1992?

like everybody's writting in their reviews that the band "is not dangerous" anymore. well, here's something to recall a little bit of danger from the good ol' times :lol:

1 hour ago, Slosh13 said:

Perhaps the sign was obstructing members of the audience. It can get annoying after a while to people who are behind her.

As someone who works at a music venue, I can pretty much guarantee you that this is what happened.  Either someone in the audience behind her complained or, more likely,  security/venue management anticipated that someone would complain, and they told her to hand it over.  The chances that the band knew anything about the sign being removed are pretty damn slim.  If she'd been standing in front of me and waving it, I'd have asked her to put it away-that would be annoying as hell.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

It was only the 1991-93 Axl who would do this. Although he could be violent before, he never beat a fan (he only beat security guards who beat fans) and iirc he didn't do it after. Unfortunately most people formed their opinion of Axl from his behavior during the UYI tour.

yeah, this is true. Axl never beat up a harmless fan like that one. Only people who were provoking him or already causing trouble in the audience.

13 hours ago, action said:

UG Exclusive: GN'R Deny Ordering to Destroy 'WHERE'S IZZY' Sign: 'Izzy's Family!'

In an exclusive statement released to UG, Guns N' Rosesvehemently denied ordering the venue security to seize and destroy a sign saying "WHERE'S IZZY" from a woman in attendance at the band's recent show in Nashville. TN.

The band's representative tells us: "GN'R would never make this request! Izzy is family!"

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/ug_exclusive_gnr_deny_ordering_to_destroy_wheres_izzy_sign_izzys_family.html

so the girl has been caught out in her lies.

she has had her 5 minutes of fame and has been put to shame by an official reaction from the band. she can fuck off now.

so if the band says anything

that "thing" can only be THE TRUTH

and whoever says otherwise is a LIAR THAT GETS PUT TO SHAME AND CAN FUCK OFF?

really?

:rofl-lol:

yeah apparently axl has said some shit like that (since people keep repeating it as if it was true)

but there are like 18 millions other accounts telling that izzy was sober after 1989-1990

to tell you the truth i am not even sure that axl has actually said it abou izzy

but if he said it I have a REAL HARD TIME believing it because i have listened to ZILLIONS of GNR bootlegs (if you look hard you can listen to something like 70-80% of all the shows played by the band 1986-1991) and TO THIS DAY I HAVE NEVER LISTENED TO ONE SINGLE RECORDING WHERE IZZY FUCKS UP

so do i think axl lies?

YES 

specially after what axl did to LIVE ERA

now THAT IS FUCKING UP!

he managed to erase his vocals and re-recorded them (HORRIBLY) on studio and then presented the final product to MILLIONS OF FANS as if that was a real live recording

(it was so obviously FAKE LIVE VOCALS that i noticed it the first time i listened to that album and I am sure that anyone that is really familiar with GNR bootlegs noticed that on first listen too)

NOW THATS A HUGE FUCKING LIE

12 hours ago, Billsfan said:

Probably. Axl said "that's a good question" and then laughed with "that's all you're gonna get" in response to the sign. It's pretty clear Axl and the band want izzy there. Izzy isn't there because izzy doesn't want to be there, and it's a shame because he's robbing the fans of a full AFD reunion 

its pretty clear or thats just YOUR CONCLUSION?

8 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

its pretty clear or thats just YOUR CONCLUSION?

I think it's clear and that's why it's my conclusion. I think the band wants izzy there and izzy wants to be full time. I think izzy has a case. Rad my other posts I've had a lot of thoughts about this and my feelings are admittedly mixed but, like it or not I really want izzy on stage. I just get that he and the band see eye to eye and there's arguments for both sides. I know it's a little hard to accept but, it doesn't look like GNR wants nothing to do with izzy at all but, it also appears izzy wants more. I want him in at any cost 

2 hours ago, Caught_in_a_Coma said:

I remember an Axl rant about Izzy being so out of it he'd be playing wrong songs at concerts.  Don't know if it was UYI touring or before that though

Surely it was before the UYI tour, because Izzy was on a separate bus and staying away from the band because he was sober.

3 hours ago, ludurigan said:

so if the band says anything

that "thing" can only be THE TRUTH

and whoever says otherwise is a LIAR THAT GETS PUT TO SHAME AND CAN FUCK OFF?

really?

exactly. i'd rather believe GNR than Mrs attention seeker. With which i'm not saying everything the band says is the truth, god knows we've got our share of... eh... misinformation from them, but why should we believe a random looney with a provocative board? she was out to provoke in the first place, so anything else she says has the burden of suspicion

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cheesecake said:

How many times exactly AFTER it was noticed by Axl that she had been holding up the sign? Or she held it up multiple times in between songs and finally chucked it under her seat after it had caught Axl's attention?

The only thing she said about it was "I put the sign away during actual performances so I wouldn't block the people behind me, only held it up between songs when the lights came on." so it seems to me that she kept waving it even after Axl reacted because this seem like "i wasn't being annoying it was only when the light were on!" to me

21 hours ago, Caught_in_a_Coma said:

But, according to Axl, Izzy was a junkie that was more of a liability than an asset during the UYI tour.

Izzy was a junkie during the UYI tour ???  Are you high ?  Izzy cleaned up in 1990.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, giuls said:

The only thing she said about it was "I put the sign away during actual performances so I wouldn't block the people behind me, only held it up between songs when the lights came on." so it seems to me that she kept waving it even after Axl reacted because this seem like "i wasn't being annoying it was only when the light were on!" to me

If that's the case...I'm not surprised after a while Axl himself got tired of it (not saying he actually asked for her sign to be taken away but there's a possibility if she did that).

26 minutes ago, cheesecake said:

If that's the case...I'm not surprised after a while Axl himself got tired of it (not saying he actually asked for her sign to be taken away but there's a possibility if she did that).

IMO, it was the security, i could see them giving her a pass but she said herself she kept on waving it, Axl seemed okay with it, i agree they didn't need to destroy it but well :shrugs:

10 hours ago, action said:

exactly. i'd rather believe GNR than Mrs attention seeker. With which i'm not saying everything the band says is the truth, god knows we've got our share of... eh... misinformation from them, but why should we believe a random looney with a provocative board? she was out to provoke in the first place, so anything else she says has the burden of suspicion

good for you for being so sure about the official word of the band. good luck with that!

oh, and congratulations for attacking someone that you don't know a thing about with so much sureness.

That girl is surely a LIAR, RANDOM LOONEY, ATTENTION SEEKER THAT HAS BEEN PUT TO SHAME, right?

35 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

good for you for being so sure about the official word of the band. good luck with that!

oh, and congratulations for attacking someone that you don't know a thing about with so much sureness.

That girl is surely a LIAR, RANDOM LOONEY, ATTENTION SEEKER THAT HAS BEEN PUT TO SHAME, right?

who are you anyway? her father?

On Tuesday, July 12, 2016 at 9:30 AM, grogmug said:

Yup, I was at the show and mine lasted all of two songs. I figured I would post it in here as well..

image.jpeg

Reminds me of someone at minneapolis in 2011. Hung a sign from the upper bowl just like this that read "Slash in the house" and pretty quickly I saw what appeared to be venue officials taking it away. That one, given the year it was, made more sense I guess. Haha 

On ‎7‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 8:44 AM, Caught_in_a_Coma said:

Why do people push Axl's buttons?  He has done so much.  Him and Slash getting along and performing together.  Bringing out Steven.  Performing at the frickin Troubadour with Duff and Slash (it sounds like Steven was intended to be there too till the back problem)

I like Izzy and support Izzy's decision to leave the band during the UYI days partly because of how Axl was at that time.  But, according to Axl, Izzy was a junkie that was more of a liability than an asset during the UYI tour.  Slash said similar things, or at least that he had to work extra hard to cover for Izzy.  Izzy ducked out of the band.  He toyed around with returning around 1995 and ended up not.  He flirted with joining VR and then again, opted out of it.  Izzy seems to have commitment issues.  Axl has his faults but I bet this rift isn't all Axl

Who is Axl? Fuck Axl...

13 hours ago, alfierose said:

The way I'm reading Axl's alledged reaction to this sign is the first time it was waved around it was amusing, by the 5th time it was pissing him off. Probably a bit heavy handed but it seems the joke was overplayed a bit too. :shrugs:

Playing Izzy songs isn't?

• Like 1

This is my opinion on what happened with this sign.. Only my opinion.. The girl had the sign up.. Axl made a comment.. I watched a YouTube video of the whole song.  If you go to YouTube and Search it you will be able to find it.  Axl goes over near Steven talks in the another microphone to alert security.  I can't believe Axl can deny he had nothing to do with it because there is video footage of him telling security about it.  He just doesn't want to look like a bad guy.  He wants Izzy look like its his fault for not being there..  I bet he was low balled a salary so the three of them make all the money.  He is a founding member and deserves and much as them.  Also I would love for Izzy to tweet out what his opinion is on this whole thing. I am really glad that slash and Axl made up and playing together.  I also think Axl is not the same person he was back in the day.   He has made a lot of improvements in his personal life.  I am really proud of him. I hate that people still criticize him for things happened so long ago.  People change.