The Six Degrees of Slash

35 minutes ago, nevergotochurch said:

can anyone do Roky Erickson? A lot of people may be unfamiliar with him, but he's my friend's dad and only 4 degrees from Slash >

Roky Erickson > Stu Cook >CCR  > Slash covered Born on The Bayou with Daughtry and  Chad Kroeger

Paul Rogers

Edited by Archtop

27 minutes ago, Archtop said:

Roky Erickson > Stu Cook >CCR  > Slash covered Born on The Bayou with Daughtry and  Chad Kroeger

Paul Rogers

Paul Rodgers --> Queen --> Brian May --> Brian May rockin 'Tie Your Mother Down' with Slash

Rick Astley :P

Edited by dgnr
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Archtop said:

Paul Rogers

I don't think covering a song really does it. It should be actual connections with people.

6 hours ago, bigpoop said:

I don't think covering a song really does it. It should be actual connections with people.

It's a bit of fun, and all I can come up with. Why don't you make a better connection.

6 hours ago, nevergotochurch said:

I'm not sure if Slash has played with Billy, but if he has... So has Roky. Billy actually played guitar for an entire Roky set in 2007. Another way would be Billy Gibbons > Josh Homme > Nick Oliveri > Slash

Slash played with Gibbons La Grange and some more.

8 hours ago, dgnr said:

Paul Rodgers --> Queen --> Brian May --> Brian May rockin 'Tie Your Mother Down' with Slash

Rick Astley :P

Rick Astley collaborated with Elton John - Slash has just recently covered 'Rocket Man'.

Alternatively you could go, Astley - Elton - Axl ('Bohemian Rhapsody', Freddie Mercury tribute) - Slash

Little Richard (I've got an answer for this).

19 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Rick Astley collaborated with Elton John - Slash has just recently covered 'Rocket Man'.

Alternatively you could go, Astley - Elton - Axl ('Bohemian Rhapsody', Freddie Mercury tribute) - Slash

Slashes mum done the clobber for David Bowie....who co-wrote with John Lennon....who met Little Richard whilst on tour with Europe just before The Beatles blew up.

9 hours ago, bigpoop said:

In the OP, when talking about rules doing a cover's literally cited as a connection, it does it.

57 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Or you can go, The Rolling Stones opened for Little Richard in 1962 or 63, i don't remember exactly the year, and then the Mick Jagger's connections already covered in the first page

Alternatively, Little Richard played with B.B. King in Rome, 1989

Slash is going to do a B.B. King tribute in september.

Lzzy Hale

(i love this game)

3 minutes ago, giuls said:

In the OP, when talking about rules doing a cover's literally cited as a connection, it does it.

Or you can go, The Rolling Stones opened for Little Richard in 1962 or 63, i don't remember exactly the year, and then the Mick Jagger's connections already covered in the first page

Alternatively, Little Richard played with B.B. King in Rome, 1989

Slash is going to do a B.B. King tribute in september.

Lzzy Hale

(i love this game)

Covered Out Ta Get Me with Halestorm > GNR > Slash 

Johnny Cash

Slash, Myles  Kennedy and The Conpirators also covered Little Richard Hey Hey Hey at Birmingham Arena 

Slash and Lzzy hale did 'out to get me Bandit Rock' Awards 2013

Ian Anderson (jethro tull)

Edited by Archtop

22 minutes ago, AslatIE said:

Johnny Cash

Johnny Cash covered NIN's Hurt --> NIN --> Robin Finck --> Axl --> Slash

or

Johnny Cash covered U2's One --> Bono and Axl shared the stage doing KOHD --> Axl --> Slash

13 hours ago, acidcock27 said:

syd barrett

Syd Barret-Pink Floyd --> Wish You Were Here --> Slash

---

Anyone for this?

13 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Simon Le Bon

Edited by Blackstar

1 hour ago, Archtop said:

Ian Anderson (jethro tull)

Jethro Tull played in The Rolling Stones "Rock 'n' Roll Circus"---> Mick Jagger----> Lenny Kravitz or Ronnie Wood---> Slash

Or Ian Anderson played in a Pink Floyd tribute album---> Slash playing "Wish you were there"

Britney Spears (i want to see if there's a connection)

• Like 1

22 hours ago, giuls said:

I didn't know the name of Black Crowes' singer :facepalm:

You're funny. haha, that's ok.. :P

14 hours ago, bigpoop said:

Normally not, but I thought song association would broaden the game so I went with it lol..

2 hours ago, giuls said:

Jethro Tull played in The Rolling Stones "Rock 'n' Roll Circus"---> Mick Jagger----> Lenny Kravitz or Ronnie Wood---> Slash

Or Ian Anderson played in a Pink Floyd tribute album---> Slash playing "Wish you were there"

Britney Spears (i want to see if there's a connection)

Britney, this on'e easy. 

Britney covered Janet Jackson's "Nasty"

Janet Jackson is sister to Michael 

Michael - Slash 

New person: 

John Tesh  

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Tiffani said:

Britney, this on'e easy. 

Britney covered Janet Jackson's "Nasty"

Janet Jackson is sister to Michael 

Michael - Slash 

New person: 

John Tesh  

I had to google this, and it's a fairly remote connection but it's all I can come up with.

John Tesh performed with Ahmet and Dweezil Zappa.

Comedian Sam Kinson  recorded a hit novelty version of 'Wild thing' in 1988, with a music video featuring cameos from many well-known rock musicians including  slash,  steven Adler, and Dweezil Zappa.

Check out the video it's hilarious, has a lot of famous faces in there. I had never seen it before.

Carole  King

On 2016-08-09 at 6:21 PM, nevergotochurch said:

zakk supposedly jammed with GNR in the early 90s... was possibly going to maybe join according to some people. so that wasn't hard! lol. 

lets do David Bowie

David Bowie dated Slash's mother (Ola Hudson). Done ;)

David Bowie was co-writer and producer on Iggy Pop albums --> Iggy Pop collaborations with Slash.

Bowie also produced a Lou Reed album --> Reed - Bowie --> Iggy Pop --> Slash.

The answer for Simon Le Bon: He is the singer of Duran Duran --> Their guitarist, John Taylor, joined The Neurotic Outsiders with Duff, Matt Sorum and Steve Jones-->Duff & Matt --> Slash