The Official SOCCER Thread 2016/2017

PappyTron

''Cappuccino culture''. Arsenal have always stuck me as a bit la-di-da and Frenchified, i.e. not really a masculine club. In their defense I wouldn't call them a tosser club like Chelsea or Man U: just not quite 'English', a bit Euroshite and feminine.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

''Cappuccino culture''. Arsenal have always stuck me as a bit la-di-da and Frenchified, i.e. not really a masculine club. In their defense I wouldn't call them a tosser club like Chelsea or Man U: just not quite 'English', a bit Euroshite and feminine.

la-di-da, what, Tony Adams, Ray Parlour, Winterburn, Dicko, Ian Wright, Alan Smith, Keown, David Rocastle, Pat Viera, Sol Campbell...or going further back into the McLintock era, George Graham, alright, the last 10 years have been a bit thin on the ground in terms of the lads but I'd hardly say they have always been a bit la-di-da :lol:  Then again, we do historically have a pretty shit firm too so perhaps there is something in what you say.  

1 minute ago, Len Cnut said:

la-di-da, what, Tony Adams, Ray Parlour, Winterburn, Dicko, Ian Wright, Alan Smith, Keown, David Rocastle, Pat Viera, Sol Campbell...or going further back into the McLintock era, George Graham, alright, the last 10 years have been a bit thin on the ground in terms of the lads but I'd hardly say they have always been a bit la-di-da :lol:  Then again, we do historically have a pretty shit firm too so perhaps there is something in what you say.  

arsenal-fans.png

1 hour ago, PappyTron said:

The selfies are fucking awful, Len. Just beaten Dulwich Hamlet in the cup? Selfie time like you've just won the Champions League.

They are and I agree but what i was saying was i wouldn't give a fuck about em if they put the performances in, you could post dick pics for all i care.  Y'know like, Johann Djourou standing erect having just dealt with Standard Liege in CL playoffs :lol:  Then again Djourou looks like the walking human embodiment of a limp cock :lol:

That is bad though innit, that article is basically saying they got all the talent, all the everything, they're just a bunch of minges basically.

Just now, PappyTron said:

Hide contents

arsenal-fans.png

i fuckin' KNEW it was gonna be that before i clicked it :lol:  The little whiteboys face makes me crack up! :lol:

• Like 1

On 2/3/2017 at 1:39 PM, lukepowell1988 said:

I suppose It still counts as trying if you negotiate by saying  "what have Chelsea offered you? £150 grand a week? How do you fancy coming to us for 90?" 

• Like 1

Arsenal lack a real centreback, a real centre mid and a real striker. 

They don't have any real fighters in the team. They could have got Wanyama, Dann, Shane Long by now. Those balls Montreal puts in all game and Sanchez is not even around the six yard box. 

Like Hazard should have been brought down outside the box. Not pretty, maybe a yellow but so what. Look at Costa all game kicking people on the edge. 

Basically they get by on talented individuals most weeks but Kante and Matic were too strong. If you have Sanchez, Ozil, Walcott and Giroud as passengers you need 2 leg breakers in mid behind them. 

20 minutes ago, wasted said:

Liverpool are also in free fall. 

Arsenal and Liverpool are really the same team. Let me try,

Almost but not quite; habitual cockteasers; perennial number four-five-ists; when season's tits up, forever trying to sneak into that lucrative European qualification spot; both wear red and white.

The only difference is Liverpool go on the rob to buy their tickets whereas Arsenal fans merely extract funds from their hedge fund or offshore Abu Dhabi holdings. Arsenal are a bit more Frenchified also. Liverpool are managed by a German chap who does these annoying gambling adverts where he imitates that other German chap's speaking delivery from Tarantino's last few films. He annoys the heck out of me when I'm watching the cricket. I do believe he has a name which rhymes with plop.

Both clubs on the surface seem like they are afflicted by some sort of football romanticism. But Arsenal are like the US, virtue signaling good football as the board make piles of cash sending immigrants to war. Liverpool are more like the UK, bankrupted by a new stadium borrowing money to relive the glories of the 70s. Traditional footballing values of industrialization masking the failing military project of Stanley Park. Wenger is like the Hillary of the Prem and Klopp is Bernie Sanders with a colostomy bag. Both work for the deep state, the premiership illuminati. 

Edited by wasted

When I was a kid during the '80s, Liverpool were the greatest team by far whereas Man U and Arsenal were sort of runners-up. Man City and Chelsea were not even in contention and were no better than the Evertons and Aston Villas and other mid table guff. The Toon were in the old second division (what is now the Championship). They had Micky Quinn playing during those days. Liverpool were sponsored by Crown Paints.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

When I was a kid during the '80s, Liverpool were the greatest team by far whereas Man U and Arsenal were sort of runners-up. Man City and Chelsea were not even in contention and were no better than the Evertons and Aston Villas and other mid table guff. The Toon were in the old second division (what is now the Championship). They had Micky Quinn playing during those days. Liverpool were sponsored by Crown Paints.

Have you heard Mick on Talksport? Him and Alan Brazil are just going through the motions.

Shankly started it in the 70s. Ferguson did come to knock Liverpool off their perch. You could say it's now all about money. Chelski or City buying titles. But Liverpool or Utd were built on ticket sales from working class areas surrounding the stadiums, it's not like they had equal money to WBA or Forest. I'm not sure there's been a club from a small town or city really dominating for years. Newcastle did underperform considering their fans, maybe they just try too hard. The most bollocks team to win it is Leicester. 

13 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Arsenal got money the old fashioned way, through achievement, we never had no billionaires cash injection, if anything Arsenals investors take money out of the fuckin' club.

Complete prawn sandwich club - well - more like 'escargot washed down with a glass of Châteauneuf-du-Pape' club.

I bet they have bidets in the emirates' toilets haha?

(I'm just winding you up. Too easy.)

29 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

As were Arsenal...jus sayin'.

Like I said all the big clubs were. So it's always been who has the most money wins really. But now there's foreign criminals laundering money through the game. Abramovitch's money is basically stolen. Insider trading on government shares. He's staying visible so he doesn't get whacked by the KGB agents.