The Official SOCCER Thread 2016/2017

PappyTron

15 hours ago, Chris1989 said:

This isn't an anti-arsenal or wenger comment, but there needs to be a proper punishment to send a message to the whole of football.

I guess image has a lot to do with it.  When the prevailing image of you, right or wrong, is the gentile philosophical french sage of beautiful football these incidents, again, rightly or wrongly, get put down to like...isolated outbursts whilst under pressure or whatever...but when you're Mourinho and you're sort of a nob week in week out then you kind of get the shaft more often I suppose.  Irrespective of all that though you're quite right, whats wrong is wrong is wrong and you can't be seen to be playing favourites just cuz of an image of someone or perhaps their standing in the footballing community.  Then again, Mourinho is of pretty high standing himself, look at his achievements.

That said i hope Wenger don't get punished just for the fuckin' sake of our game :lol:

2 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

I just watched footage of this 'push' and it is fairly innocuous stuff really. Barely anything happens. What a bunch of fannys the FA, or whoever is making such a deal out of this, are.

Apparently he said unkind words to the ref too...meanwhile, back when i first got into football:

1 minute ago, Len Cnut said:

Apparently he said unkind words to the ref too...meanwhile, back when i first got into football:

I will have a look at it when this is finished. England are about to win something. Sky Sports 2. Jasprit Bumrah was just bowling - your favourite.

On 24 January 2017 at 1:58 AM, Chris1989 said:

This isn't an anti-arsenal or wenger comment, but there needs to be a proper punishment to send a message to the whole of football.

I don't know most refs need a good kicking. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

I just watched footage of this 'push' and it is fairly innocuous stuff really. Barely anything happens. What a bunch of fannys the FA, or whoever is making such a deal out of this, are.

You can't even do two footed tackles anymore, or tackle from behind at all. Forget challenging a keeper. 

4 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

There is something misanthropic and generally sinister about wanting to be a referee; the same type of people who want to be referees want to be parking ticket inspectors. Same kind of job's worth wanker.

One of the posters on here was a football ref, Sandman, remember him? :lol:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/2771587/arsenal-arsene-wenger-title-culture-mediocrity-money/amp/

if you can read articles like this written about you, as a football player and as a man and not go out onto the pitch with the bit between your teeth and ready to tear the oppositions throat out then i dunno what the fuck to say to ya.

9 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/2771587/arsenal-arsene-wenger-title-culture-mediocrity-money/amp/

if you can read articles like this written about you, as a football player and as a man and not go out onto the pitch with the bit between your teeth and ready to tear the oppositions throat out then i dunno what the fuck to say to ya.

arsenal-fans.png

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

:lol:

Such a cunt :lol:  I was all serious and into my righteous indignation there :lol:

You are correct though. All of this selfie taking crap whenever they win and all of that bollocks is, well, bollocks, and you can tell that to a huge number of players none of it really makes that much of a difference as they still pocket their money no matter what.

11 hours ago, PappyTron said:

You are correct though. All of this selfie taking crap whenever they win and all of that bollocks is, well, bollocks, and you can tell that to a huge number of players none of it really makes that much of a difference as they still pocket their money no matter what.

I dont even mind the selfies...just fuckin' play to the best of your ability, turn up to these fuckin games, skillful slick beautiful football is one thing and having no heart for the fight is something else.

7 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

I dont even mind the selfies...just fuckin' play to the best of your ability, turn up to these fuckin games, skillful slick beautiful football is one thing and having no heart for the fight is something else.

The selfies are fucking awful, Len. Just beaten Dulwich Hamlet in the cup? Selfie time like you've just won the Champions League.