The Official SOCCER Thread 2016/2017

PappyTron

Anyone else will be disaster because the board won't spring for players. You need to spend 200 mil to win the prem. 

Coventry going to Wembley! In spite of the hedge fund money. 

Edited by wasted

8 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

You're a fuckin undercover gooner arent you? ?

I loved Arsenal growing up, loved Ian Wright the kit everything. I used to go out with a girl from Islington and i moved up to crouch end with her. Her old man worked for Arsenal for years and years he still does bits and bobs. He (you'll love this) lives in the Emirates stadium complex, he's got a flat in there. You walk out of his door and your at the ground. Got me a free tour of the museum, Arsenal wallet, arsenal oyster card the lot you can have em if you like.

To be honest I've only kept the same avatar pic for the last 3 years cos I know it fucks you off so much every time you see it :lol: I'm a petty man with simple pleasures.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, spunko12345 said:

I loved Arsenal growing up, loved Ian Wright the kit everything. I used to go out with a girl from Islington and i moved up to crouch end with her. Her old man worked for Arsenal for years and years he still does bits and bobs. He (you'll love this) lives in the Emirates stadium complex, he's got a flat in there. You walk out of his door and your at the ground. Got me a free tour of the museum, Arsenal wallet, arsenal oyster card the lot you can have em if you like.

To be honest I've only kept the same avatar pic for the last 3 years cos I know it fucks you off so much every time you see it :lol: I'm a petty man with simple pleasures.

When i finally become radicalised and lose my shit I'm comin' lookin' for you first :lol:  Out of interest, why loved, as in why past tense?

Edited by Len Cnut

Just now, Len Cnut said:

When i finally become radicalised and lose my shit I'm comin' lookin' for you first :lol:  Out of interest, why loved, as in why past tense?

I was into that team that group of players I was 13 when they did the cup double and then those two runs in Europe the following 2 years. I suppose not coming from the area I didn't have the feeling that I was tied to any club regardless of who plays for them. So as that team broke up over the years they gradually became another sort of Premier league superclub with all the razzmatazz of the other top 4. 

As an outsider it's like a decision who to follow rather than geography and i don't think you have the same ties or investment in it so I've always liked different teams. It's just that Arsenal happened to be in my formative ages from about 1991 to 1997 so i went full on fanatic :lol:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, spunko12345 said:

I was into that team that group of players I was 13 when they did the cup double and then those two runs in Europe the following 2 years. I suppose not coming from the area I didn't have the feeling that I was tied to any club regardless of who plays for them. So as that team broke up over the years they gradually became another sort of Premier league superclub with all the razzmatazz of the other top 4. 

As an outsider it's like a decision who to follow rather than geography and i don't think you have the same ties or investment in it so I've always liked different teams. It's just that Arsenal happened to be in my formative ages from about 1991 to 1997 so i went full on fanatic :lol:

You mean you were glory seeking?

Man U fans, ehh? I'm sure everyone has met them? Say a Geordie Man U fan (delete and replace Geordie with Cockney, Welsh chap, etc). They always say something like this, as to their motivations in supporting this absurd team, ''my cousin's uncles brother's aunt's wife's sister's neighbour grew up watching Georgie Best from the Strepford End''.

Edited by DieselDaisy
Corrected Americanised neigbo(u)r which transpired with the autocorrect thingy

12 hours ago, spunko12345 said:

I'm claiming you as a Gooner on the strength of that :lol:

1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

Bin Laden was also a gooner! Piers Morgan also! (I do not know who is worse?).

Piers Morgan, easily :lol:  I heard the Bin Laden rumour too, he saw us win the double according to lore.  Still, no ones gonna fuckin' claim him are they?  I heard Hitler was a Shalke supporter.  I think I spelt that wrong.

2 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Piers Morgan, easily :lol:  I heard the Bin Laden rumour too, he saw us win the double according to lore.  Still, no ones gonna fuckin' claim him are they?  I heard Hitler was a Shalke supporter.  I think I spelt that wrong.

This will cheer you up, Compton's benefit match, Arsenal v Middlesex at Highbury, one half cricket, the other football,

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, moreblack said:

Sack him!!

(I do not care either way by the way but that is what I would say if I did care.)

What is wrong with spurs anyway? Why do Arsenal hate Spurs more than vile Chelsea or West Ham? They are all Londontown after all? Fullham also. Chelsea normally hate fullham

Edited by DieselDaisy

3 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Sack him!!

(I do not care either way by the way but that is what I would say if I did care.)

What is wrong with spurs anyway? Why do Arsenal hate Spurs more than vile Chelsea or West Ham? They are all Londontown after all?

Wrong end of the Seven Sister Road innit?  We dont even hate them as such, we just think they're shite and a bit of a joke, they hate us, historically they're narked cuz we came to North London and took over and they've remained forever in our shadow.  That and us getting the good end of a deal with the splitting of certain divisions to where Norris sorted it so we went up.

Anyway, he didn't say 'BE MORE LIKE TOTTENHAM SUPPORTERS!'  What the boss said was:

He said: ‘Our fans have been consistent and have a high level of expectation as I do but I don’t feel you can be a fan until last Tuesday and then not be behind the team any more – it doesn’t make sense.

‘All the other clubs, Manchester United, Manchester City, Liverpool, they have big expectations and big history. We are in a fight and we have to be united or we have no chance.

‘You have Tottenham as well and everyone is behind their team and we have to do the same. Even if we have had two disappointed results I want the fans to be behind the team. Focus on what we do well. They were great players last Tuesday and they are still great players.’

Not really the same thing as 'be more like Tottenham supporters'...though admittedly that was cutting it a bit fine boss.  Very fine indeed.