The Official SOCCER Thread 2016/2017

PappyTron

4 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Football fans have always struck me as ''pie and pint and a few racists chants'' type people. Very plebeian.

Well, I haven't heard about hooligans in football and there are plenty of racist chants in soccer, too. No point in that argument, I think.

However, we shouldn't discuss soccer vs football too extensive here I guess, since this is the soccer thread.

6 minutes ago, Zurimor said:

Well, I haven't heard about hooligans in football and there are plenty of racist chants in soccer, too. No point in that argument, I think.

However, we shouldn't discuss soccer vs football too extensive here I guess, since this is the soccer thread.

I think you err in your nomenclature sir.

3 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I think you err in your nomenclature sir.

Guess you're right. :D

Did I mention thtat football is football to me while the other game is soccer? :lol:

*silently walks away*

P.S.: Mer schwöre dir, he op Treu un op Iehr!
mer stonn zo dir, FC Kölle!
Un mer jonn met dir,
wenn et sin muss durch et Füer,
halde immer nur zo dir, FC Kölle!

9 minutes ago, Zurimor said:

Did I mention thtat football is football to me while the other game is soccer? :lol:

*silently walks away*

Un mer jonn met dir,

You should befriend Dazey. He is a Yankee doodle dandified Brit, a regular John Paul Jones. I think he likes the American Football. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Len Cnut said:

I would rather be a paki than a Turk :lol:

Apparently when the Pakistani team used to visit Australia in the '70s and '80s they got terrible abuse from the crowds - much worse than anything in England. The Australians created a campaign called, ''slap'' or ''whack a Paki'' consisting of posters of the Lillee-Mianded incident,

dennis-lillee.jpg

Aussies were encouraged to beat up any random Pakistani haha

26 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Apparently when the Pakistani team used to visit Australia in the '70s and '80s they got terrible abuse from the crowds - much worse than anything in England. The Australians created a campaign called, ''slap'' or ''whack a Paki'' consisting of posters of the Lillee-Mianded incident,

dennis-lillee.jpg

Aussies were encouraged to beat up any random Pakistani haha

The Aussie version of paki bashing :lol:

Mianded was basically the Maradona of cricket, except unlike Diego Maradona he was basically hated by all the other countries whereas Maradona was more the hate figure of the English. Media depictions of Javed at the time were of this uneducated Arabic bandit figure, slitting your throat while you sleep.

18 hours ago, Zurimor said:

*silently walks away*

Un mer jonn met dir,

Ihr Englisch ist ausgezeichnet.

32 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

I had no idea, all my lot loved him.

Well like Diego he had a series of controversial incidents - mostly against the white nations. Basically they saw him as this little cheating shit.

Edited by DieselDaisy

I've just finished watching a good game between Man City and West Ham. I enjoyed the game but fuck me the interviews after the game are a waste of time :lol: they interviewed John Stones and the baldy City keeper and they were scared shitless of saying anything . Let the players just get showered and changed because they can't possibly be expected to say anything remotely interesting. The games just happened, everyone saw it.

43 minutes ago, spunko12345 said:

I've just finished watching a good game between Man City and West Ham. I enjoyed the game but fuck me the interviews after the game are a waste of time :lol: they interviewed John Stones and the baldy City keeper and they were scared shitless of saying anything . Let the players just get showered and changed because they can't possibly be expected to say anything remotely interesting. The games just happened, everyone saw it.

'yeah nah it was a good game and uh...obviously it's three points and uh...yeah i think we controlled the game well and uh...obviously, yeah we got the three points and, yeah obviously i had a good game obviously but it's about the three points obviously and...we're really starting to gel as a team and obviously we dont wanna get too ahead of ourselves obviously and it's three points and we're just lookin' forward to the next game now obviously'.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, spunko12345 said:

I didn't get to watch, I was at work (Thank fuck). 

55 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

'yeah nah it was a good game and uh...obviously it's three points and uh...yeah i think we controlled the game well and uh...obviously, yeah we got the three points and, yeah obviously i had a good game obviously but it's about the three points obviously and...we're really starting to gel as a team and obviously we dont wanna get too ahead of ourselves obviously and it's three points and we're just lookin' forward to the next game now obviously'.

Even worse if it's Liverpool or Everton whose just played. EEEEEERM I think we played well like, EEEEERM all credit to d'lads like EEEEEERM, just stuck it away and just happy to come away with the three points EEEEEEERM haha I don't know about that you'd have to ask the manager.

4 minutes ago, spunko12345 said:

Even worse if it's Liverpool or Everton whose just played. EEEEEERM I think we played well like, EEEEERM all credit to d'lads like EEEEEERM, just stuck it away and just happy to come away with the three points EEEEEEERM haha I don't know about that you'd have to ask the manager.

I'd love for one of em, just to switch it up a bit, come out there with a more 1950s Ken Dodd type old school scouse accent like 'ANYROAD, i just stuck it in the baCKKKKKHHHH of the net like' :lol:

Just now, Len Cnut said:

I'd love for one of em, just to switch it up a bit, come out there with a more 1950s Ken Dodd type old school scouse accent like 'ANYROAD, i just stuck it in the baCKKKKKHHHH of the net like' :lol:

Ha yeah or one of them Scottish managers who look like they want to stab the interviewer just comes out with that upper class type scottish accent that only people who own 5000 acres and a castle have.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, spunko12345 said:

Says the Welshman! :lol:

2 minutes ago, spunko12345 said:

Ha yeah or one of them Scottish managers who look like they want to stab the interviewer just comes out with that upper class type scottish accent that only people who own 5000 acres and a castle have.

I have this dream of goin' on a booze up with Ron Atkinson and goin' to a lesbian bar at the end of the night when he's well lit :lol:

• Like 1