The Home Cookin' Thread W/ Recipes

AxlsFavoriteRose

37 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

sounds like steak would have been better! but yummy.

Still got 3/4 bottle left so it will return after I finish the pork. 

Can you re heat pork? 

37 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

sounds like steak would have been better! but yummy.

Still got 3/4 bottle left so it will return after I finish the pork. 

Can you re heat pork? 

On June 11, 2017 at 11:44 PM, wasted said:

I got a bottle of canadian club whisky for 2 dollars from Aldi once. One of the worst hangovers. 

Thats what I realised if I go expat I 3 dollars for a cherry cola. Or I can get an ice T for 30 cents. 2 Asahi for 16 rmb or 2 Heinekens for 70rmb. My inner cheapskate wins. I'm winning again, I know you like that. 

Oh Chinese not cheese. Congee in the chinese restaurant. Congee is alright if you put enough salt in it, they have this yellow or green almost like cube stuff they mix in. 

Shit, $2 an it ws large en0ugh to cause hangover?  

Id go to  cheese restaurant!  Why dont they exist?!   

3 hours ago, soon said:

there are cheese shops but i am sure you know that! :P

went to one near the bay area on the way to the coast. it smelled so bad in there! then once i went to BevMo and they had cheese tasting day. oh my gosh, some of those cheeses were divine :drool:

been pricing caviar, the prices seem to have gone down, yay! :D

Yeah, I know about cheese shops :).  But wouldn't a cheese restaurant kick ass? they could have a 10 course tasting menu!  And beds and couches to recover on after, ha!

When i was young and lived closer to a cheese shop Id pretend I was very discerning and needed to sample every single cheese every time I went to see which had developed to the point I preferred.  Id just remember one name of fancy/obscure cheese, go home google it, spout bullshit to them, then remember the name of another cheese Id notice and repeat.  Every visit Id also ask to check in on 'how the gruyere is handling the _________ (name of season or description of temperature)?'  To be sure Id always buy some too! Good memories of the cheese shoppe.  

Theres some good cheese makers at the farmers market here too.  Last summer I was there with my Dad right at close.  He couldnt understand that they had packed up almost everything but still had samples out.  So he'd try a sample and then ask to buy some but they'd say "all out of that" or "not available."  This went on and on for the whole sample board!   Just like the Monty Python skit!! HAHA!

Thats awesome that prices seem to be down!  May the summer of Caviar begin!  Im still deep into the seafood kick.  

Gonna try shrimp on salsa and flat rice noodles.  Not sure how it will be put my body invented the combo and needs to try it :) 

when you body craves a certain food there is something in it you need :) like a vitamin or mineral.

yes bring on the summer of seafood! might do a crab salad for dinner, just need to find the lump crab meat.

that cheese story is hilarious! you should have said you were a cheese critic for a famou cheese magazine :awesomeface:

8 hours ago, soon said:

They do. There's one called Cheese and Fizz. It just serves Cheese and Champagne. It's not very big though, a couple of tables and it's not cheap. I drank the whole bottle it was enough for me. I don't really do spirits. 

31 minutes ago, wasted said:

They do. There's one called Cheese and Fizz. It just serves Cheese and Champagne. It's not very big though, a couple of tables and it's not cheap. I drank the whole bottle it was enough for me. I don't really do spirits. 

One day the world will achieve an affordable chain restaurant of cheese!

15 minutes ago, soon said:

didn't there used to be restaurants that specialized in fondue?? :P

only time i ever had it was when i worked for a bank. we had a grand opening and served cheese and wine. we had tons of leftover cheese and a lady that worked there brought in her crock pot and put all the leftover cheese in it and voila! fondue :) she used some wine in it too ( it's supposed to "cook out" all the alcohol ) and we had it for lunch and snacking. it was actually pretty good, we got some nice sourdough bread and used chunks to eat it with :D

29 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

didn't there used to be restaurants that specialized in fondue?? :P

only time i ever had it was when i worked for a bank. we had a grand opening and served cheese and wine. we had tons of leftover cheese and a lady that worked there brought in her crock pot and put all the leftover cheese in it and voila! fondue :) she used some wine in it too ( it's supposed to "cook out" all the alcohol ) and we had it for lunch and snacking. it was actually pretty good, we got some nice sourdough bread and used chunks to eat it with :D

geez everyone; okay so I've never seen a cheese restaurant.  And its not like Im some bumpkin. :) 

Sounds very tasty!  If I get a solar energy system set up, Im gonna have to factor in a constant fondue flow of cheese, haha!

2 minutes ago, soon said:

geez everyone; okay so I've never seen a cheese restaurant.  And its not like Im some bumpkin. :) 

Sounds very tasty!  If I get a solar energy system set up, Im gonna have to factor in a constant fondue flow of cheese, haha!

like a cheese fountain instead of a chocolate one! :D

1 minute ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

like a cheese fountain instead of a chocolate one! :D

you make a good point.... Cheese by day and chocolate by night.  My entire generation will be centred around supporting those outputs :lol:

5 hours ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

when you body craves a certain food there is something in it you need :) like a vitamin or mineral.

yes bring on the summer of seafood! might do a crab salad for dinner, just need to find the lump crab meat.

that cheese story is hilarious! you should have said you were a cheese critic for a famou cheese magazine :awesomeface:

Dang i should've thought of that, I would've been the youngest cheese critic ever but who knows these days.

I couldn't agree more about the cravings.  I had it, ended up tossing noodles in sour cream also.  It was good.  But weird.  

Did you do the crab salad?

• Like 1

Just now, soon said:

Dang i should've thought of that, I would've been the youngest cheese critic ever but who knows these days.

I couldn't agree more about the cravings.  I had it, ended up tossing noodles in sour cream also.  It was good.  But weird.  

Did you do the crab salad?

no, they didn't have any crab meat :( just had chicken instead. not bad but no crab salad! :P

• Like 1

Chocolate fondu. The Korean buffet has this chocolate strawberry station. It's like chocolate that ices over the strawberry. I tried one, I don't like strawberries though, so I was chocolate coating marshmellows. This is pre- non carb nightmare. 

8 minutes ago, wasted said:

Chocolate fondu. The Korean buffet has this chocolate strawberry station. It's like chocolate that ices over the strawberry. I tried one, I don't like strawberries though, so I was chocolate coating marshmellows. This is pre- non carb nightmare. 

Chocolate covered marshmallows sounds better in my books too.  Sounds incredible actually.  You just have to never go there again!  

I like strawberry except for texture.  I blend them into milk sometimes though.

7 hours ago, soon said:

I could see it. Cheese isn't that popular in the UK or China. like Blue cheese has a bad rap. I could break the carb thing for a wheel of camembert and french stick. Suppose just eat the cheese. I think you'd need wine and then it's just a french cafe or something. But cheese plates with varieties of cheese. Delivery cheese. I have a feeling people don't see cheese as a meal like I do. 

Edited by wasted

7 hours ago, wasted said:

I could see it. Cheese isn't that popular in the UK or China. like Blue cheese has a bad rap. I could break the carb thing for a wheel of camembert and french stick. Suppose just eat the cheese. I think you'd need wine and then it's just a french cafe or something. But cheese plates with varieties of cheese. Delivery cheese. I have a feeling people don't see cheese as a meal like I do. 

I'e had some amazing cheese from UK so I didnt realize they weren't so popular.   Delivery cheese, yes!  I see it as a meal even with out the gherkins or mustard.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, soon said:

I'e had some amazing cheese from UK so I didnt realize they weren't so popular.   Delivery cheese, yes!  I see it as a meal even with out the gherkins or mustard.

i love cheese with gherkins! makes a quick bite to eat when i am not up for a meal. but i also have been known to just eat plain ole cheese. i have been on a hot pepper jack cheese kick lately.

my dad, bless his heart, ate Longhorn cheese all his life. he loved it and i don't think we ever had another kind of cheese in the house growing up :P

Edited by AxlsFavoriteRose