If That Ain't Country

Fitha_whiskey

• 1 month later...
52 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

I think we went past this guys house last week looking for a section corner deep in East Bumfuck KS. Never heard this song before. I mentioned David Allen Coe, 4 stacks of wheels on the porch, etc... and then a kid on our crew played this one on his phone, and I said yeah, that sums it up...

He did Convoy, awesome song. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

If you think you’re country, you gotta think of Hank on New Years... nobody did on this thread, which I understand. It’s a GnR forum after all. RIP Hank 

Absolutely, I had forgotten that he died on New Year's Day. He influenced so many people, including Jagger and Richards. So the lineage is there with Guns also.

3 minutes ago, lame ass security said:

Absolutely, I had forgotten that he died on New Year's Day. He influenced so many people, including Jagger and Richards. So the lineage is there with Guns also.

Only 29 years old, died in the back seat of a Cadillac, nobody even sure where or when it exactly took place... 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I lost my Dad last week. I grew up hearing country music from my parents- child of the 70s, Hee Haw every Saturday night, all that shit... my Dad was a trucker. He took me to see Smokey n the Bandit at the drive in movie in Boonville NY when it came out in 1978... he said I was falling asleep but every time I heard Jackie Gleason (Sheriff Buford T Justice) swear, (you sum bitch), I would perk right up...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

I lost my Dad last week. I grew up hearing country music from my parents- child of the 70s, Hee Haw every Saturday night, all that shit... my Dad was a trucker. He took me to see Smokey n the Bandit at the drive in movie in Boonville NY when it came out in 1978... he said I was falling asleep but every time I heard Jackie Gleason (Sheriff Buford T Justice) swear, (you sum bitch), I would perk right up...

I'm sorry for your loss. My grandpa was a trucker and your post brought back some of my own memories. Jerry's great and Smokey And The Bandit is a classic.

Edited by lame ass security
  • Thanks 1