Wacky World of The Ominous Ninja Izzy Stradlin and NO! Gang

SerenityScorp

17 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

All this sneaking around the house and fucking with his head - I bet he still hates that.

And I bet he dislikes people like Art Tavana and the woman Mikaela who was interview on GnR Central podcast recently. They were both sneaking around Izzy’s house / gateway, leaving a „gift“, Art leaving a note. It is not „classy“ as they said, going to someone’s house and leaving something at the mailbox or at the gateway. Especially if you don’t know them personally and they’re famous. What if everybody think they’ve got the bloody right to just go there and please their curiosity. Have some respect for the artist you claim to love. Or for Art, have some respect for the profession you’re saying you have. As a journalist you can write an email, twitter, write a letter. It is not ok if you do „what a postman would do“ as one of the GnR Central guys said. If that’s what you want, send your stuff via mail. Don’t bloody go there, walk around his street and hope to meet him to be able to talk to him because it is „more special“ than just listening to the music or going to a show. It is intrusive behaviour and stalking to me. And also I don’t think it is ok to open an auditorium for people like Mikaela or Art on a podcast.

*breathes* :lol:

Sorry, had to vent here and obviously only my 2cents. 

Also agreeing with every single word 👏 

10 hours ago, Tori72 said:

http://www.scritub.com/limba/engleza/music/The-Face-January-The-Daze-of-G19415192319.php

The Face - January 1990 by Nick Kent 

The Daze of Guns 'N' Roses 

If it helps, here is a general breakdown of how Nick Kent's interview with Izzy went in this story:

- opening quotes about the ‘Hell Tour’ to Seattle
- intro mentioning the ‘red letter district’ :facepalm:, his teeth falling out, and 36-hour coma in Japan
- talking about band members: Axl and Steven
- Motley Crue nutters
- nice words about Stevie

- Nick compares Rolling Stones with GN’R
- Izzy comments about Axl and Steven’s health
- pressures of touring: “we have to be on ten all the time”
- is Izzy addicted to drugs... or not
- police, FBI, CIA worries

- flying out to Lafayette with Axl and how the fans behave: “they don’t want to shake your hand or get your autograph. They want to scream in your face or mess with your head...” :cry:
- being robbed several times
- having his windows shot out
- cocaine, Mexico, prisons, legalise drugs etc 
- violent emotions and being treated in a violent way, being disrespected 
- Nick leads him back to talk about “mad”, “bad” Axl 
- this is where Izzy says he’s the only one who can really relate to Axl
- One in a Million: Izzy explains both sides of the argument, and then some. (By the way, the bit with the word ‘tolerance’ stands in for the racist ‘N’ word)
- talking about Donington, and this heartbreaking quote: “kids were lookin’ at me, givin’ me this real intense look”
- fantastic story about hiding in a tree during a riot outside a Rolling Stones concert eight years before (ie 1992)

• Like 2

One thing in that article that creeped me out, was the Motley Crue stuff. Izzy probably knew much more about them, than what he wanted to say in public.  I've never liked their music and the little I know of them, makes them seem like a really sleazy band. I know that G'nR was not bunch of boy scouts either , but still... this really makes MC look much worse.

Kuvahaun tulos haulle yuck gif

Edited by Fourteenbeers
  • Like 1

I always thought the Nick Kent interview was intriguing, Izzy comes across as on edge, and really talkative which could just be hows it’s written. He seemed to open up a great deal which always seemed a bit wrong to me? I dont know. Do we know anything about the relationship between them?

26 minutes ago, Archtop said:

The young Izzy photo reminds me of the one below, he is a little heavy compared to how we are use to seeing him

Little heavy? As in not wafer-thin?:D

20 minutes ago, Archtop said:

I always thought the Nick Kent interview was intriguing, Izzy comes across as on edge, and really talkative which could just be hows it’s written. He seemed to open up a great deal which always seemed a bit wrong to me? I dont know. Do we know anything about the relationship between them?

Maybe because Izzy was not "himself" and was confused, still battling with addiction etc,  maybe that made him talk more openly? Had he been clean and healthy at the time, he could've been more reserved. Who knows.

56 minutes ago, Fourteenbeers said:

Little heavy? As in not wafer-thin?:D

Maybe because Izzy was not "himself" and was confused, still battling with addiction etc,  maybe that made him talk more openly? Had he been clean and healthy at the time, he could've been more reserved. Who knows.

Little heavier, I should say. Izzy can never be accused of carrying too much weight. 😄

I think maybe he was high in this interview, we have video footage of him being really talkative under the influence, or just nervous energy? He becomes a lot more reserved later, maybe because his sober or just learning not to shoot his mouth. 

Going to go read Stevens latest interview in main section.

• Like 1

Just read the Steven thing, and made it through two pages of comments and then stopped because it's so depressing. Same old arguments, same back and forth :sleeper:

I believe Izzy was upset to begin with and Steven hyperboles and projects his own heartbreak on to Izzy. Isn't it funny though how the two of them deal with it so differently, Izzy stays pretty much in hiding, Steven thinks F**k you, I'm going to do my own tour, play the songs as they originally sounded and have some fun with it, no  less self promoting than the other three. 

I have admiration for both Izzy and Steven complete opposites, but some how consistent to how they have always been. I don't understand the people who moan about Steven, " if he wants back in, he should shut and be quiet" It's not Steven and never has been, not in the beginning, not high or sober, he does and says what he sees as best. I said it befor I hope he goes out and has fun in Australia, I hope it's bloody successful, An evil devil in me wants this to be soooo good that it really gets up Axl, Duff and Slashes nose, :devilshades: and they see just how well (hopefully) he can handle the pressure and put on a good show. I want a whole fan base of none believers to see and think shit, wow look at Steven his really good, that's what GnR should sound like.

Izzy heartbroken??? well if it's that bad he can always take a jolly down under and hit the stage with an old mate, low key, back to basic rock and roll played the way it should be done, and just how  Izzy likes it. 

I still have hope :confused: very very little but you know, I always root for the under dog. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Archtop said:

Just read the Steven thing, and made it through two pages of comments and then stopped because it's so depressing. Same old arguments, same back and forth :sleeper:

I believe Izzy was upset to begin with and Steven hyperboles and projects his own heartbreak on to Izzy. Isn't it funny though how the two of them deal with it so differently, Izzy stays pretty much in hiding, Steven thinks F**k you, I'm going to do my own tour, play the songs as they originally sounded and have some fun with it, no  less self promoting than the other three. 

I have admiration for both Izzy and Steven complete opposites, but some how consistent to how they have always been. I don't understand the people who moan about Steven, " if he wants back in, he should shut and be quiet" It's not Steven and never has been, not in the beginning, not high or sober, he does and says what he sees as best. I said it befor I hope he goes out and has fun in Australia, I hope it's bloody successful, An evil devil in me wants this to be soooo good that it really gets up Axl, Duff and Slashes nose, :devilshades: and they see just how well (hopefully) he can handle the pressure and put on a good show. I want a whole fan base of none believers to see and think shit, wow look at Steven his really good, that's what GnR should sound like.

Izzy heartbroken??? well if it's that bad he can always take a jolly down under and hit the stage with an old mate, low key, back to basic rock and roll played the way it should be done, and just how  Izzy likes it. 

I still have hope :confused: very very little but you know, I always root for the under dog. 

he says 30 years the same things... personally iam tired with him.. i can predict what he is going to say in an interview... he blamed them.. but when they call him to play ,he acts like are his best friend... It bothers me that as a person he created the image of "poor steven''the last 30 years.. its very sad that he wants fans to feel sorry about him... Get over it enough! As for izzy, in his public postings was very carefull about his old bandmates...he never gave an interview saying that he is heartbroken or smth else..

Edited by cindy1985

Discussioooooon!!! :headbang::lol:

13 hours ago, Fourteenbeers said:

One thing in that article that creeps me out, was the Motley Crue stuff. Izzy probably knew much more about them, than what he wanted to say in public.  I've never liked their music and the little I know of them, makes them seem like a really sleazy band. I know that G'nR was not bunch of boy scouts either , but still... this really makes MC look much worse.

Same here. Was it @Archtop or @beautifulanddamned who read those books about the Sunset Strip in the 80s? Sexism all around, hair band dudes going overboard and Motley being into realy deep, shady shit. (whatever that was in detail, I have no clues and don’t wanna know really). Also how casual people treated sexual assault. I ‚ve read somewhere that Izzy hated Sixx and didn’t want to fly in their plane or something like that. My memory is a mess on the details though. In the 87 Mtv interview however he says they were hanging out with Motley.

11 hours ago, Archtop said:

Little heavier, I should say. Izzy can never be accused of carrying too much weight. 😄

I think maybe he was high in this interview, we have video footage of him being really talkative under the influence, or just nervous energy? He becomes a lot more reserved later, maybe because his sober or just learning not to shoot his mouth. 

Going to go read Stevens latest interview in main section.

He was talkative on drugs before. 

9 hours ago, Archtop said:

I said it befor I hope he goes out and has fun in Australia, I hope it's bloody successful, An evil devil in me wants this to be soooo good that it really gets up Axl, Duff and Slashes nose, :devilshades: and they see just how well (hopefully) he can handle the pressure and put on a good show. I want a whole fan base of none believers to see and think shit, wow look at Steven his really good, that's what GnR should sound like.

The bolded: I really hope he’s successful too, because I wish Steven luck and happiness and all that. I doubt it would tangle the 3 Stooges very much if he was successful and probably won’t change their business minded minds.

For Izzy heartbroken - I also think it’s more a projection of Steven on Izzy than Izzy being really heartbroken. I hope so.

1 hour ago, cindy1985 said:

he says 30 years the same things... personally iam tired with him.. i can predict what he is going to say in an interview... he blamed them.. but when they call him to play ,he acts like are his best friend... It bothers me that as a person he created the image of "poor steven''the last 30 years.. its very sad that he wants fans to feel sorry about him... Get over it enough! As for izzy, in his public postings was very carefull about his old bandmates...he never gave an interview saying that he is heartbroken or smth else..

I don’t know about the last 30 years, I didn’t pay much attention to the GnR guys. I think it is just Steven being very emotional and speaking his mind. He seems to have no filter and also to change his mind and mood about certain things. Steven is not lying or making things up, he is just emotional. And don’t forget: nobody from the GnR camp has a good filter, is diplomatic or has a talent to view things objectively. Just imagine Axl or Slash being caged into something they don’t like but have no power to change it. Axl would use a VERY different language than Steven and Slash would do passive aggressive bullshit. :lol: So whatever Steven does it is probably very GnR. :rofl-lol:

• Like 1

On 10.4.2018 at 10:07 AM, cindy1985 said:

A fan of izzy in twitter had posted this photo a long time ago,saying that is him in young age.. what do you think??did you see this again??DAS6Ty9VYAEtkjA?format=jpg

Stumbled upon this pic. Fuller lips, younger face, similar hair. Just saying. Not convinced for yes or no but really similar, right?

fc1b19fa5b6f80aa35b70f195733765d.jpg

Also, :wub:

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

Stumbled upon this pic. Fuller lips, younger face, similar hair. Just saying. Not convinced for yes or no but really similar, right?

fc1b19fa5b6f80aa35b70f195733765d.jpg

Also, :wub:

love love love... there is a  big similarity in this photo...also in the photo whom makes duckface...all these days iam searching this photo...but i cant find anywhere.. where did she find??

On 14.4.2018 at 1:14 PM, Tori72 said:

A fan of izzy in twitter had posted this photo a long time ago,saying that is him in young age.. what do you think??did you see this again??DAS6Ty9VYAEtkjA?format=jpg

I don’t know why I’m so obsessed with the pic but I am. :)

So the girl who posted it on twitter is also on facebook and that’s were I got my answer. She said: 

Yes I did post it and it was sent to me via a twitter friend. She knows him, I do not . Unfortunately. Anyways I was told it is him and to me it looks like him. And the mouth, Izzys mouth turns up at the corners, just like this guys does. So I would say yes it is him. If you look around at old photos of him, you can find that necklace he is wearing.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

I don’t know why I’m so obsessed with the pic but I am. :)

So the girl who posted it on twitter is also on facebook and that’s were I got my answer. She said: 

I was obsessed too... I was looking everywhere just to find this pic somewhere else... This weekend i saw too many photos..:blink::shock:

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Yes, how intense, they both scare me a little bit :lol:

They do? Because they both attract the crazies? :lol:

On 15.4.2018 at 7:14 PM, Blackstar said:

Yes, he is...

I also think this interview helps understand both Izzy and Axl a little better.

Axl I don’t really know. But for Izzy enjoying the non rockstar life, the non flashlight and not being in the center... He saw really clearly what the whole fame industry is about. So I guess whatever I - we - always thought about Izzy is true in that respect.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

They do? Because they both attract the crazies? :lol:

Axl I don’t really know. But for Izzy enjoying the non rockstar life, the non flashlight and not being in the center... He saw really clearly what the whole fame industry is about. So I guess whatever I - we - always thought about Izzy is true in that respect.

Ι believe that they still love each other.. i dont know... But always have a different relationship... Tori..our miss marrple i post a photo in previous page.. tell me what you think... Is this izzy??the girl next him is desi??or ian astbury from cult:P

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cindy1985 said:

Ι believe that they still love each other.. i dont know... But always have a different relationship... Tori..our miss marrple i post a photo in previous page.. tell me what you think... Is this izzy??the girl next him is desi??or ian astbury from cult:P

You mean Izzy and Axl? Love? Idk, I cannot tell if they still feel or have a friendship. At the moment I’d rather doubt it.

What? Miss Marple? Dezi? Where? :)

On 14.4.2018 at 10:28 PM, cindy1985 said:

vKlb_Im9ovk.jpgi found this in russian facebook smth like that probably a fan page... so..what do you think?

Left is Izzy, looking :drool:. Right I dunno. Doesn’t look like woman tho. It is not Miss Marple, that’s for sure. :awesomeface:

Edited by Tori72

2 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

You mean Izzy and Axl? Love? Idk, I cannot tell if they still feel or have a friendship. At the moment I’d rather doubt it.

What? Miss Marple? Dezi? Where? :)

Left is Izzy. Right I dunno. Doesn’t look like woman tho. It is not Miss Marple, that’s for sure. :awesomeface:

They were from their youth...i dont know.. maybe the things are not ok now but i still hope..where is @kkferro72 to give us her lights.. who is next to him... Its another mystery..