06/10/17 - Imola, IT - Autodromo Internazionale Enzo E Dino Ferrrari

alfierose

1 hour ago, Powerage5 said:

Unfortunately that's just how US crowds are. That's part of why I love going over to Europe every tour for Maiden - the European crowds are a lot more animated, making for a more exciting gig. 

I don't think it's only US problem.

Crowds in concerts are lively were people generally speaking are pretty lively (South America, Italy, Spain etc.)

Big part of the lame crowd- problem are the cell phones. It's hard to sing along or rock if you are standing with your phone/camera in the air filming. If majority of the audience does that, it really kills the mood.

In those cases  I actually hope that Axl would jump into the audience and start ripping the cameras away like in the good old days :lol:

I have no idea what's coming up here in Finland on July... but I'm going to be singing along and rocking my ass off - not standing there like a zombie. 

Edited by Fourteenbeers
typo

30 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

Terrible my michelle! 

great crowd though! 

It was nothing earth shattering but It wasn't the worst that he has ever performed. It wasn't bad and It wasn't great, It was decent. I attended the L.A. show and know exactly how It sounded.

1 minute ago, ironmt said:

It was nothing earth shattering but It wasn't the worst that he has ever performed. It wasn't bad and It wasn't great, It was decent. I attended the L.A. show and know exactly how It sounded.

Good, then you know how it should sound too. 

I'm fine with lowering expectations. I've seen it the last 6 years...we get use to his Mickey voice then we use that line "it's not the worst thing he's ever done" All of a sudden "decent" performances mean he attempted to sing. I get it. I'm guilty of it. 

It doesnt matter though. It Is what it is. That crowd looked as thrilled as any crowd has and at the end of the day that's what matters. I hope we see more of this enthusiasm as the tour rolls on. 

Well...  This was some kind of "insanely memorable" show.

I know slash had "one of those days" but still this is guns n' f...n roses baby.  This show must be added to the " nice for a live dvd" list (along with san Diego, houston, etc etc)

Even the mcbob intro was extra nice.

Axd did a wonderfull job, and the band had that "feeling" . .. And with those 90.000 people going crazy...     Im really loving all the vids

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, SEPTEM said:

Well...  This was some kind of "insanely memorable" show.

I know slash had "one of those days" but still this is guns n' f...n roses baby.  This show must be added to the " nice for a live dvd" list (along with san Diego, houston, etc etc)

Even the mcbob intro was extra nice.

Axd did a wonderfull job, and the band had that "feeling" . .. And with those 90.000 people going crazy...     Im really loving all the vids

So this is the biggest show on NITL tour...Crowd were amazing...

4 hours ago, tsinindy said:

I have no idea what you are trying to say....I haven't watched any of the Imola show, so I'm not commenting on what I feel of his performance.  What I am saying is if it is true, he performs better for a more lively crowd and thus the crowds are responsible to be lively to encourage a better performance.  That is a ridiculous notion and expectation for those in attendance as Axl and band are getting paid to perform to the best of their ability regardless of what they about the crowd and how "lively" it is.  

Agree with you that they supposed to bring the best no matter the behavior of the audience and I believe they do it or at least they try it. But in the real world and not only with GNR there are audiences that gives an extra gas to the performances, that's a fact and that´s perfectly acceptablet! As someone said, they aren´t machine and this is a live act, not a movie. And what I tried to say is that Axl´s voice was better in the US tour but even so these european shows looks more exciting...Madrid, Ímola and Slane have surpassed the US and South American tour, IMO.

Edited by Derick
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, IncitingChaos said:

Good, then you know how it should sound too. 

I'm fine with lowering expectations. I've seen it the last 6 years...we get use to his Mickey voice then we use that line "it's not the worst thing he's ever done" All of a sudden "decent" performances mean he attempted to sing. I get it. I'm guilty of it. 

It doesnt matter though. It Is what it is. That crowd looked as thrilled as any crowd has and at the end of the day that's what matters. I hope we see more of this enthusiasm as the tour rolls on. 

I know what disappointment with this band Is and It was staying up all night after Inviting a few people over to catch the Rock In Rio show where Axl decided to wear a yellow raincoat and sound like a guy that no Guns N Roses fan has ever heard sing before.  Needless to say we only made It through two songs and had to turn It off and I have never attempted to listen to anything from that show again. That was a terrible performance, not what we got tonight. Was It the best performance of My Michelle, NO. But It was certainly miles apart from the Rio version. So again, It wasn't the best, but It certainly wasn't the worst. If you followed the band In the early 90's you know that he was hit and miss than also.

Edited by ironmt
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, ironmt said:

I know what disappointment with this band Is and It was staying up all night after Inviting a few people over to catch the Rock In Rio show where Axl decided to wear a yellow raincoat and sound like a guy that no Guns N Roses fan has ever heard sing before.  Needless to say we only made It through two songs and had to turn It off and I have never attempted to listen to anything from that show again. That was a terrible performance, not what we got tonight. Was It the best performance of My Michelle, NO. But It was certainly miles apart from the Rio version. So again, It wasn't the best, but It certainly wasn't the worst. If you followed the band In the early 90's you know that he was hit and miss than also.

Agree with most of this but the only hit or miss thing in the 90's was Axl actually showing up at a time you could stay and watch him. You would have a hard time finding a missed performance of My Michelle from that time. 

i don't even compare him to this ever! Being much older now it's clear he can never sound this way...but no reason to go around trying to hit notes with a weak falsetto sounding voice. That's so far away from how the song is meant to sound and in no way does it come across as decent for me. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

Unfortunately that's just how US crowds are. That's part of why I love going over to Europe every tour for Maiden - the European crowds are a lot more animated, making for a more exciting gig. 

I'm from.spain. I have seen 14 times iron maiden in my life, last time one month ago in Dublin, and 10 of them.in my country. The crowd in the GNR last Sunday was the best I have seen in my life. The way sounded you could be mine or live and let die was crazy.

• Like 4