06/16/17 - London, GB - London Stadium

alfierose

On 30 April 2017 at 7:39 PM, Lindy100 said:

@Healy52003Also, a fan meet-up has been arranged in the downstairs area at the Hard Rock on 15 June in the evening.  There's a Facebook thread - not sure if I post it on here?

It's actually at the Back Room Bar, adjacent to Hard Rock Cafe, not downstairs unless there is also another meet up going on :-)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Healy52003 said:

18275229_946790512130008_466191106056294

heres a good picture i found of the stadium, not sure will the stage be where the goals are or at the other end 

place looks unreal though. First time in London myself 

Axl played there last year with ACDC so you can youtube the show to see what it looks like.

27 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

Who's responsible for sending out the tickets? Ticketmaster, LiveNation, The Queen Elizabeth Olymic Park?

I believe it would be GnR's ticket distributors, whoever they may be.

Now I wonder, because London Stadium is usually home to West Ham during the Premier League season, will the Stadium still carry the West Ham branding? Will the seats still spell out WEST HAM, will the pictures and stuff still be There? That would look really out of place at the gig.

Just now, Gunspride6 said:

Now I wonder, because London Stadium is usually home to West Ham during the Premier League season, will the Stadium still carry the West Ham branding? Will the seats still spell out WEST HAM, will the pictures and stuff still be There? That would look really out of place at the gig.

There is an answer to this, I can't quite remember it though. As you can see, the seats don't spell out 'West Ham', I think exterior branding comes down. Can't see it looking that out of place considering people will be sitting on the seats. Those Hammers might stay.

10 hours ago, Gunspride6 said:

Seats wont change

ACDC last year had a special edition West Ham style top on their merchandise!

Edited by Axl_morris

I don't care about the seats. I'm afraid tickets won't be send out quickly enough, considering they need a week or two to arrive from England to Germany. And since I won't get them straight from Ticketmaster they have to arrive first to the guy who bought them initially. If he's not living in England too, I might have a problem getting them on time.

22 hours ago, Free Bird said:

I don't care about the seats. I'm afraid tickets won't be send out quickly enough, considering they need a week or two to arrive from England to Germany. And since I won't get them straight from Ticketmaster they have to arrive first to the guy who bought them initially. If he's not living in England too, I might have a problem getting them on time.

Got them in time last year, from the US to Norway, so I do not think this will be a problem :)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Izzyslash said:

Got them in time last year, from the US to Norway, so I do not think this will be a problem :)

Like I said before, I don't get them straight from Ticketmaster. I bought them from Get Me In. It's Ticketmaster's re-sale service. So Ti ketmaster will send them to the original buyer, who will send them to me. I guess I'll have to wait snd see.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, rubbermade_baby said:

I reserved the hotel (staybridge) the moment this gig was announced... quite pricey though for one night. Considering another hotel . Where you all staying?

Staying at a nearby Travelodge. Was going to get the tube to Clapham Junction through to Woking to stay with my sister but I ain't dealing with tubes straight after an 80,000 gig haha.

7 hours ago, rubbermade_baby said:

I reserved the hotel (staybridge) the moment this gig was announced... quite pricey though for one night. Considering another hotel . Where you all staying?

I'm staying at the Kip hotel in Hackney which is fairly close. It wasn't a terrible price considering everywhere else's pricing that weekend.

This is gonna be the first concert of my life, got some noobie questions

can i take a backpack in?

what sort of time will golden circle ticket holders be let in?

the show is advertised to start at 3, what sort of time will gnr come on after support bands are done?

6 minutes ago, ollyprior said:

This is gonna be the first concert of my life, got some noobie questions

can i take a backpack in?

what sort of time will golden circle ticket holders be let in?

the show is advertised to start at 3, what sort of time will gnr come on after support bands are done?

In my experience, backpacks are usually banned, but if you're lucky they may just check it and let you in. Not sure how it's done at London Stadium 

As for the timings, doors are at 3, by the time the support acts have done their thing, I'd expect GnR to take the stage around 6. 

22 minutes ago, Gunspride6 said:

In my experience, backpacks are usually banned, but if you're lucky they may just check it and let you in. Not sure how it's done at London Stadium 

As for the timings, doors are at 3, by the time the support acts have done their thing, I'd expect GnR to take the stage around 6. 

Surely, they won't start at 6 already will they? More likely between 8-9 and and knowing Axl being notoriously late maybe even 10?

13 minutes ago, Gunspride6 said:

Well from the gigs I've been to (none of which were GnR) the band usually took stage 3 hours after doors.

Edit: this ain't the illusion era. Axl and the rest of the band are far more punctual these days.

15 minutes ago, WildStar said:

There's no way Guns will be on at 6. It'll be around 8. They play about 2.45 and there'll probably be a 11.00 curfew. 

This

They will not be on at anything like 6, I bet the first support act doesn't even start until 5/530

On 09/05/2017 at 2:05 PM, uzilover15 said:

Does anyone know a good place to park?

Took the train to see ACDC last year, and we only just made the last train back to Pompey 

Park in Westfield shopping centre car park, that's what I did with AC/DC. Paid like £5 for the whole day and getting out was relatively piss easy. I'm not too sure if they close it off closer to the time of the gig so it's worth getting there early, if you don't plan on doing so already 

Edited by kanecrescente
  • Like 1