07/04/17 - Prague, CZ - Letnany Airport

alfierose

2 minutes ago, MrSoftie said:

It's crazy!

Also found Nightrain:

Still hear him losing the notes at the beginning towards the end of each line but then he gets into his other growling low vocals on the "I'm a west coast..." and instead of switching back towards that lower mid voice like he usually does he maintained the growl into the rest of the song which was awesome! Very rare to see him do that. It sounds so good like that and you know it's an easy vocal point for him as long as he doesn't take it too high

overalk fix the first few lines like Jungle which has the same issue and you have a brilliant performance 

6 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

overalk fix the first few lines like Jungle which has the same issue and you have a brilliant performance 

The irony is that one of the lines that you're talking about is "you're a very sexy girl, that's very hard to please." I have no idea how sexy of a girl you are but you are definitely hard to fucking please haha.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AlexC said:

The irony is that one of the lines that you're talking about is "you're a very sexy girl, that's very hard to please." I have no idea how sexy of a girl you are but you are definitely hard to fucking please haha.

No no it's all in the first few lines 

1:33-1:43 it's awful 

Edited by IncitingChaos
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

For me the SA leg got better in Brasilia, he was highly inconsistent prior in the same leg. Then found his voice again

Not true. Maybe the Lima show was a bit weak, but Chile was good and the two in Argentina were also very good, the second better than first one.

This is one outstanding TIL...

13 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

But yea if you have time I'd love to see a good Coma this tour, or even a jungle that he doesn't Mickey the first few lines, a good my michelle would be nice...but they don't exist 

"Coma" is not the best example to find of any show because its such a long song and he's always struggling, either in the first part, the middle and especially the end. But there have been really good performances of it. In this tour, I think most of Madrid show was good and this Coma makes it. He's never out of tune or out of breath.

He doesn't Mickey anything in this Jungle from Munich...

I consider this a good "My Michelle" by the 2017 Axl standards. There's no really much better with this song.

47 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

if he sounds good again on the NA tour then we will all need to admit that he mickeyd Europe haha

Has to sound good for the AFD30 show thing. The ears of the world will be on that.

But it's not fair to say he's mickeyd Europe. He has mickeyd every zone of the planet and he's presented himself looking like a balloon in NA tour mostly :rofl-lol:

6 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Not true. Maybe the Lima show was a bit weak, but Chile was good and the two in Argentina were also very good, the second better than first one.

"Coma" is not the best example to find of any show because its such a long song and he's always struggling, either in the first part, the middle and especially the end. But there have been really good performances of it. In this tour, I think most of Madrid show was good and this Coma makes it. He's never out of tune or out of breath.

I consider this a good "My Michelle" by the 2017 Axl standards. There's no really much better with this song.

Has to sound good for the AFD30 show thing. The ears of the world will be on that.

But it's not fair to say he's mickeyd Europe. He has mickeyd every zone of the planet and he's presented himself looking like a balloon in NA tour mostly :rofl-lol:

This I love has sounded the same through the tours. So bad choice of song to compare imo. 

But I'll watch that Jungle and see. However I did post an excellent version of my michelle, there's another great one in LA. And of course the best Coma full of rasp and Axl brilliantly taken his glasses off at the end to show how easy it was for him

Edited by IncitingChaos

4 minutes ago, killuridols said:

seeeeeeriously....he was apperantly working out in spring 2016, but nothing ever showed. is it so hard to change your eating habits for a few weeks?

after all, all that weight might be effecting his voice to a certain degree

4 minutes ago, WindsorBoy147 said:

how do you ignore guys ???

Hover over their name on one of their posts until their profile pops up.  Then at the bottom of the pop-up, click "Ignore User".  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

This I love has sounded the same through the tours. So bad choice of song to compare imo. 

But I'll watch that Jungle and see. However I did post an excellent version of my michelle, there's another great one in LA. And of course the best Coma full of rasp and Axl brilliantly taken his glasses off at the end to show how easy it was for him

TIL has not always been good. Tonight's TIL kind of sucked. Lots of Mickey but he did something very good at the end of it. :shrugs:

'My Michelle' is another horrible song that has not sounded good live since the 80's (IMO).

What is the best Coma full of rasp?? Tokyo 1992? :rofl-lol:

10 minutes ago, AlexC said:

This thread has been ruined. A good show with an incredible setlist and some stand out performances has once again been overshadowed by obsessive bullshit. Oh well.

Don't worry Karma Police. When people from Prague come back (after some good sleep) they will unruin it with their amazing reviews of the show. Then and only then, you'll feel at peace with yourself ;)

9 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

"Honey, we know the names" is full mickey...

Lol. That's nitpicking too much and I could find loads of Mickey from NA leg using that "technique".

:facepalm:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WindsorBoy147 said:

It's a bit difficult too lol

Just change the subject...say "does anyone have video of used to love her"? 

Then someone will say thanks

then I will say it's awful

then someone will say cmon he's 55...

then someone will say just be happy Slash and Axl are together

then someone will say it sounds good

then someone from the show will say it killed live and don't comment unless you've seen them live

Then I will post a proper version of used to love her then we repeat the argument and next theming you know we are comparing night 1 at the Roxy to 2002 versions to 2006 versions to 2010 versions to 11-14 versions to tonight's versions and then someone will say we are off topic and we restart the cycle 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, killuridols said:

TIL has not always been good. Tonight's TIL kind of sucked. Lots of Mickey but he did something very good at the end of it. :shrugs:

'My Michelle' is another horrible song that has not sounded good live since the 80's (IMO).

What is the best Coma full of rasp?? Tokyo 1992? :rofl-lol:

Don't worry Karma Police. When people from Prague come back (after some good sleep) they will unruin it with their amazing reviews of the show. Then and only then, you'll feel at peace with yourself ;)

Lol. That's nitpicking too much and I could find loads of Mickey from NA leg using that "technique".

:facepalm:

I don't believe in Karma. I do, however believe that @IncitingChaos is beginning to show his ignorance when it comes to his tireless commentary on Axl's vocals.

What you (IncitingChaos) said earlier about it being rare for Axl to maintain his low verse voice of Nightrain lately is just incorrect. He's been doing that extremely well for ages, if you're gonna criticise every show and continue to masturbate over the NA leg in the process, at least actually watch the performances you're constantly shitting all over.

• Like 1

Sorry @killuridols it was the best Coma since 2016...my bad haha

but really the nitpicking was just a joke...I understand that's too much. 

Its all good, I'm just glad we can agree that Axl was much better in North America than he is now

Just now, AlexC said:

I don't believe in Karma. I do, however believe that @IncitingChaos is beginning to show his ignorance when it comes to his tireless commentary on Axl's vocals.

What you (IncitingChaos) said earlier about it being rare for Axl to maintain his low verse voice of Nightrain lately is just incorrect. He's been doing that extremely well for ages, if you're gonna criticise every show and continue to masturbate over the NA leg in the process, at least actually watch the performances you're constantly shitting all over.

It's rare for him to use it on that part of nightrain and continue to use it after the verse ends. He usually drops his voice closer to a mid voice. But on this nightrain he simply kept it going and kills it with those vocals like you said he's very good with that voice. Sorry for the misunderstanding 

2 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

Sorry @killuridols it was the best Coma since 2016...my bad haha

but really the nitpicking was just a joke...I understand that's too much. 

Its all good, I'm just glad we can agree that Axl was much better in North America than he is now

It's rare for him to use it on that part of nightrain and continue to use it after the verse ends. He usually drops his voice closer to a mid voice. But on this nightrain he simply kept it going and kills it with those vocals like you said he's very good with that voice. Sorry for the misunderstanding 

I know what you meant. He did the exact same thing in Stockholm.

Just now, AlexC said:

I know what you meant. He did the exact same thing in Stockholm.

It's smart of him to do that he doesn't have a strong enough mid voice to switch to at the moment. 

He sings Nightrain and Jungle very similarly though. You hear him switch between a couple lower register vocals except the time at the Golden Gods he was doing that and had only one voice working so it was rasp one line Mickey the next. 

I do like the fact that he's strategically working the song to sound good throughout. He should work a couple others 

4 minutes ago, AlexC said:

Have you ever heard of Radiohead? :facepalm:

Gosh, this is so depressing....

About @IncitingChaos, I think he's just trying to sell a story but I don't know to whom..... No one believes his shit. Those of us who have followed this whole tour (not just one leg) know that Axl is one inconsistent singer and he's not great at some places and shit in others. It's not about the place, its about his voice not being consistently cool since 2006 or 2010 (for those who want to be more benevolent) EVERYWHERE. And that's how its going to be for a long time,  maybe until the end of his career. So IMO, better watch the guy live the sooner you can. Anyone expecting him to still be somewhat good in 2-3-10 years is crazy and lazy ass.

9 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

I don't agree jack shit.

And hopefully I will be going to a show again in the next months. So I will have new experiences and a new show to test the mickey and all that, lol-

• Like 1